About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1336255 views.
Kittyarnold

Oct-27

Up and packing essentials to take to new house....tonight we sleep there....whatever is still here isn't essential at the moment and we can wait to get it there when there is more help...and our sons van.....ready to get settled...even tho I still can't do much......

Susan1206

Oct-27

Hi Ernie ~

Sounds like you have a fair amount of work planned!

Lawn-care arrived this a.m.  Guess it doesn't bother them that we've had rain almost all week and rain this afternoon projected.  At least the grass is green!

We voted today at the Board of Election.  Didn't like the look of the line when we entered but I would say possibly 20 minutes total.  Done and Done and won't have to battle the crowds on November 3rd.

Have a great day.  Going to wash and paint the baseboards in the living room before the flooring begins.

Always something to be done.  No rest for the wicked.

Susan

Susan1206

Oct-27

Dear Kitty ~

Happy moving day....exciting exciting for you and Brian.  Would love to see pictures when you get a chance!

Not to worry ~ the work will get done later than sooner..... Just continue to feel better.

Hugs,

Susan

Kittyarnold

Oct-27

we are here.....will send pictures eventually....new water softener put in....plumbing checked shower needs some work....otherwise we sleep here tonight....thanks for your good wishes...

Susan1206

Oct-27

Sleep well, dear friend.  Ocean Spirit has guided you well

Kittyarnold

Oct-27

thanks for reminding me,...has been guiding spirit for a long time

Cocoa60

Oct-28

Morning Kitty.  Glad you're moving into your new home.  I would like to see pictures also.

My plans changed.  Won't make it to finish the chicken coop until next week when the weather

is nice again.  Grandkids will be here all day today when our daughter goes to New York City

to have one or two tooth implants done.

Getting lots of rain for the new grass seed I planted.  Don't know if it will start in these colder temps.

Have good day.

Ernie

Cocoa60

Oct-28

Morning Susan.  I will probably get out to vote Thursday.  I don't usually wait in line at my normal

voting place.  I see lines at early voting here about 50 to 100 yards long but that' with people spaced out.

I waited in lots of lines in the Army when I was younger.

Chicken coop will wait a few days as grandkids will be here all day.  Have rain Thursday and snow Friday.

Have a couple little jobs to do.  Have to blow dirt off the backhoe, wash it, and touch up paint,  before

I have them take it for some warranty work.

Have a good day.

Ernie

• Edited October 29, 2020 5:43 am  by  Cocoa60
Kittyarnold

Oct-29

Two good nights sleep in our new space....got used to noises as the refrigerator creaks or wind noise....very comfortable here.....only thing we have to get used to is the lofted ceilings means we have to talk a bit louder to one another as the sound goes up    TV is louder then we used to need for the same reason.....new washer may get hooked up today.....back is still painful at times....haven't let go of the walker yet...but close....serious PT starts tomorrow....hope your day is good

Susan1206

Oct-29

Hi Ernie,

Well, just how cute is that chicken coop?   Too fun and the kids will have fun with your help.  

Just was informed that two people who were at that birthday gathering last week-end have tested positive for COVID.  This was the party that I declined to go to for Jim's grandchildren.  Jim's son and wife now feeling ill and will be tested.  I don't want to say that they were all dumb - ***  for even having this type of gathering....but they were.  The one young girl who is positive is pregnant with her first child.  So, praying for all and praying that my dear husband does not come down with any symptoms.

So rainy here..... we're almost ready to rock n roll with the flooring.....

Susan