About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1386948 views.
Kittyarnold

Nov-3

good morning Susan.....we do have 5 acres the woods are on the hill that is our view but we don't own that....we do have some swamp and a pond...but the wind really did blow...and it is blowing now as we speak....hope you are doing well....

Kittyarnold

Nov-3

so good to see you pop in Donna.....our group has shrunk and moved on....love to see old friends drop in.....we did have snow too and it was on the ground briefly before in changed to rain....yes today is election day....should keep us occupied....stay well and stop in again...

Msg 30.12242 deleted
Kittyarnold

Nov-3

we may go to look at dishwashers today...will try our local place (not a chain)  I was told there prices are as good as chains...plus they follow up ...the chains do not...it is delivered and that is it....hope you stay warm today...temps supposed to be higher then yesterday but still windy

Susan1206

Nov-3

I'm very sure your woods would be lovely this time of year.  Jim's covid test came back negative so that is a good thing.  Two more who attended the party have come down with Covid.....  Note to everyone:  don't go to parties other than with your family!  Even then.....this is what happened.

My results should come in a few days but can't imagine I would have it if Jim tested negative AND I didn't go to the party.

Hang on to your hat.......Election results tonight!    Susan

Cocoa60

Nov-4

Morning Kitty.  Glad you're getting settled in your new home.  We're to close to neighbors

but at least we don't live in town.

Glad we are out of the rainy days into a dry and sunny stretch.  I have a few things to complete

before we are in the snow and cold all the time.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Nov-4

glad Jim doesn't have covid....and what election results?

Kittyarnold

Nov-4

we have houses right across the street and on either side...just nothing out back.

Susan1206

Nov-4

Dear Ernie ~

I'm sure you would do just fine with the test.  I watched the gal in the car next to us...and she kept backing away from the Dr. who was administering the swab.  I thought she was going to bend over backwards.....   Well, it was on a scale of 1-10 about a 2.  He did both sides of the nostril (not sure why/deviated septum?) and the last one did make me flinch a bit...felt like I had to sneeze.  Happy it is over.  Result is negative so Jim and I are both relieved and it is negative for both of us.  Two more people at the party are positive.  I had to take kind of a "tough love" stand with the husband.  He attends AA meetings two or three times a week (15 years) and mentors other men....he does lunches and breakfasts.....and things that now he should not be doing.  On the other hand, I go to the grocery store with a mask and that is pretty much it.  Maybe once a week or once every two weeks, I take Finn and go to the woods with my friends.  All lunches and dinners with friends have stopped for me.

O.K.  that makes me sound preachy.  Sorry....

Guess we are not going to have election results for a day or two or another day or two.  Well, our country has gone through a lot and we will indeed survive all of this.  We are a strong people!

Hugs, Susan

Susan1206

Nov-4

Good morning, Miss Kitty ~

Ha...I like your comment...what election?

I gave up last night.....just too anxious and too tired.  Please dear Ocean Spirit let this be over.......

A sunny day here.  And a new dishwasher for you!  Found a beautiful camel back couch (keep in mind that I had sold two) on line.  Great price but not so great upholstery.  Debating now that it is not worth it to scramble to even find someone who does that.....  Maybe better off to purchase new.  Daughter laughed and said, "Mom, where are you even going to find a camelback".............True words.

Carry on with the day.  Bent over to pull out marigolds in front...not bending my knees.  Ouchy.  Bad back this a.m.

Susan