About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1389011 views.
Susan1206

Nov-4

Dear Ernie ~

I'm sure you would do just fine with the test.  I watched the gal in the car next to us...and she kept backing away from the Dr. who was administering the swab.  I thought she was going to bend over backwards.....   Well, it was on a scale of 1-10 about a 2.  He did both sides of the nostril (not sure why/deviated septum?) and the last one did make me flinch a bit...felt like I had to sneeze.  Happy it is over.  Result is negative so Jim and I are both relieved and it is negative for both of us.  Two more people at the party are positive.  I had to take kind of a "tough love" stand with the husband.  He attends AA meetings two or three times a week (15 years) and mentors other men....he does lunches and breakfasts.....and things that now he should not be doing.  On the other hand, I go to the grocery store with a mask and that is pretty much it.  Maybe once a week or once every two weeks, I take Finn and go to the woods with my friends.  All lunches and dinners with friends have stopped for me.

O.K.  that makes me sound preachy.  Sorry....

Guess we are not going to have election results for a day or two or another day or two.  Well, our country has gone through a lot and we will indeed survive all of this.  We are a strong people!

Hugs, Susan

Susan1206

Nov-4

Good morning, Miss Kitty ~

Ha...I like your comment...what election?

I gave up last night.....just too anxious and too tired.  Please dear Ocean Spirit let this be over.......

A sunny day here.  And a new dishwasher for you!  Found a beautiful camel back couch (keep in mind that I had sold two) on line.  Great price but not so great upholstery.  Debating now that it is not worth it to scramble to even find someone who does that.....  Maybe better off to purchase new.  Daughter laughed and said, "Mom, where are you even going to find a camelback".............True words.

Carry on with the day.  Bent over to pull out marigolds in front...not bending my knees.  Ouchy.  Bad back this a.m.

Susan

Susan1206

Nov-4

Dear Donna,

Nice to see you here....we miss you and many of our friends who previously contributed.  

Yes, election night has come and gone and we are still counting.....it may be days.  God has a Plan.

It's Fall here (beautiful colors and cool temperatures).  Soon, the winds will come and blow all of the leaves down.  Then, it becomes very depressing until April or May.  Living within a mile of Lake Erie, there are clouds that come and never leave.  Many gray sky days.

COVID has made a huge difference in all of our lives.  How about Canada...is it rampant up there?   Hoping for a vaccine soon

Well, we are doing all of our floors over into hardwood......a big job for two seniors.  Must get busy with the day.

Stop soon.  Susan

Cocoa60

Nov-5

Morning Kitty.  Another nice day today.  Brandy and I walked yesterday.

I'm driving a few miles away to walk now.  We're having to much trouble with

some people near here, after 20 years have to change our location to walk.

I'm very grateful for this period of god weather to finish up some smaller

projects.

I'm riding my bike down into PA to help with the chicken coop.  Tested it yesterday

and it still misses sometimes.  Going to try to get the ignition module swapped out

before trip to PA, probably Friday.

We have houses same as you.  I sometimes envy people with driveways back into

woods so they are isolated from the road and other homes.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Nov-5

Good morning Susan and Ernie....still don't have results....of this election.....slept badly last night not sure there was any connection...but I do feel energized...hope your day is wonderful....

Cocoa60

Nov-5

Morning Susan.  Glad Finn is walking still.  We will probably go around 8 this morning

when the sun is up and temperature in 50s.  Nice weather for a while.

Brandy had an upset stomach this morning.  We usually give her Kaopectate but we're out

so gave her PeptoBismo today.

I usually get Brandy a tick collar in the Spring and let it weaken in the Winter but she's getting

ticks now so got one just before Winter.  Last desperate attempt for the ticks trying to survive, I guess.

Probably working on my bike today besides the 4-5 hours of exercise.  Doing well in my war to push

Diabetes back but it's a long war.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Nov-6

Good morning all....another beautiful day in CT......and still waiting for results...as are we all.....am walking quite a bit without the walker....doing more for myself....stay well my friends...

Cocoa60

Nov-7

Morning Kitty.  Glad your back is improving.  Back to your old self in no time.  smile

Made it down to PA to help with the chicken coop yesterday.  Bike wasn't exactly right

but did ok. 

4 more nice days including today.  I have many things to get done and probably will.

Not sure which one today. 

Have a good day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Nov-7

Good morning all.....another warm, sunny, and beautiful day....all is well here....hope your able to finish your outdoor projects while the weather is good..

Cocoa60

Nov-8

Morning Kitty.  Sunny days until Wednesday, might be Thursday over East where you are.

We went to a Pumpkin farm to get some more cider.  They are closed for the season but

can still make an appointment.  We also have the Cider Mill open until Dec. 1st but this

place makes a little better cider.  Neither place puts preservatives in like Wegmans and

other stores do.

Got a little painting done here and there, just about last chance for that.  Still have some

more to do.  Mostly a clear coat on the small windmill I got.

Have a good day.

Ernie