About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1385952 views.
Kittyarnold

Nov-17

it will be good to see a DR about your knee...no need to suffer....I would bet the floors are going to be great when finished....Pt is okay....I just don't w.ant to exercise 3x a day....lay on the bed and put a rope on your foot and pull it up 5x and do a set of 3?  sounds like fun doesn't it??  but I do them 1to2x a day....and am moving better...waiting for the discomfort to disappear....

Kittyarnold

Nov-17

we are clear,cold, and sunny....til late today...pretty to see the sun shining on our hilly view...right now it is 33....but I am inside so who cares....yesterday saw a flock of Canada geese coming into our pond...they can be a pain but won't be on our lawn so nice to watch.....

Cocoa60

Nov-18

Morning Kitty.  Today is even colder here, around 30 max.  We have an inch

or so of snow on the ground this morning.  Hope they don't spread salt but probably

will before people rush off to work and school.

We had a great time with the grands yesterday, built the gingerbread house.  Was the

first I had seen built that I can remember.

I don't see the geese near our house.  I see lots of smaller birds at our feeder about 10 feet

from the bay window.  I hung a wind chime from the feeder and the squirrels and blujays

don't empty it in 24 hours anymore.  Squirrels stay on the ground and the jays don't stay to

long.  The roosts in front of the food are supposed to flip down and block the food if a squirrel

gets on them but doesn't always work.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Nov-18

Years ago we had a feeder that was on top of a metal pole...the squirrels managed to get up in spite of that....until I started puting Crisco on the pole thick...they would start up and slide back down I giggled....it is 27 partly sunny...hope your day is wonderful....

Susan1206

Nov-18

Hi Kitty ~

A sunny, but cold day here.  Throat a little thick.....just gargled with some salt water.  Hospitals are filling up for testing and COVID.  

We continue our flooring project.  Moving along ~ just slowly.  Almost to the fireplace and the end.  Slow going around hallway, bedroom entrance and fireplace.

Yes, but PT is worth all of it and you will be stronger and better each day.  

Computer slow and bogged down.  Put in a call to son-in-law for help.  Ran Norton Virus, nothing there... Sure hope I don't need a new one!

Hugs, Susan

Susan1206

Nov-18

Hi Ernie ~

A bit of a very slow, bogged down computer.  Hoping son-in-law IT at the Cleveland Clinic may shed some light over the phone today.  Don't really need the expense of a new one!!!  Anyway one gets accustomed to their computer and it is quite a pain to change.

Cold here.  You had snow on the ground......we had a bit of snow and ice just enough to cover.

Perennials still in bloom......

Trying to sell my leather sofa and recliner.  Looks like brand new.....paid $1850 for both about fifteen years ago ~ selling for $400.00   Hoping that a young couple starting out would want them.  You know young people of today, they want NEW and the BEST to begin with....

Take care.  Stay safe.  Susan

Cocoa60

Nov-19

Morning Kitty.  I read to put grease or something on poles once.  Ours is close to the bay window

but not so close that the wind will blow it into the glass.  So it's in the branches of a hydrangea, a blooming

bush about 18 feet high.  I do take it down when we have a strong wind warning.

Went out for our veterans dinner last night, I over ate.  Should have brought half home for Brandy.

Woke early, have to sleep a little after this.  it's 23 degrees, feels like 17.  Supposed to get into the upper 40s

here today, then the upper 50s tomorrow.  Might take my Monte Carlo SS out for one more trip to PA.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Monte SS in front of my dad's old barn.

• Edited November 19, 2020 3:59 am  by  Cocoa60
Cocoa60

Nov-19

Morning Susan.  Snow is still on the ground but will be gone this afternoon.  Hope your sil

can get your computer back to it's old self.  I have a large lap top down with my ham radio

station I can use in a pinch.  Lap top is more like a work station than a lap top. 

It's on Wifi but think it's faster than this hard wired studio.  Lap top is the same one I got

for my granddaughter to do her remote schooling.  Grands have all been home schooled for years.

Good luck with the furniture sale and have a good day.

Ernie

My mom and older sister years before I was born.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Nov-19

Your Mom looks like mine...of course same era and same clothing and hairstyle etc....our temp has gotten up to 21....need to wear a sweat band today...LOL....but the sun is brilliant and lovely to see it shining on our hillside....stay warm....

Cocoa60

Nov-20

Morning Kitty.  Warmer here this morning, 40 at 5 AM.  Supposed to be mid 50s today.

Not going to PA this morn.  They started new restrictions at midnight.  I would've gone

yesterday if I had known it was coming.  My brother has the chickens moved but doesn't

have their supplies moved or the light wired properly.  Restrictions will probably be in effect

until after Thanksgiving. 

We got an environment cleanup bill from my wifes accident 2 years ago but hoping the

insurance company will take care of it.

Hope you enjoy this warm day.

Ernie