About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1392584 views.
Cocoa60

Nov-19

Morning Susan.  Snow is still on the ground but will be gone this afternoon.  Hope your sil

can get your computer back to it's old self.  I have a large lap top down with my ham radio

station I can use in a pinch.  Lap top is more like a work station than a lap top. 

It's on Wifi but think it's faster than this hard wired studio.  Lap top is the same one I got

for my granddaughter to do her remote schooling.  Grands have all been home schooled for years.

Good luck with the furniture sale and have a good day.

Ernie

My mom and older sister years before I was born.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Nov-19

Your Mom looks like mine...of course same era and same clothing and hairstyle etc....our temp has gotten up to 21....need to wear a sweat band today...LOL....but the sun is brilliant and lovely to see it shining on our hillside....stay warm....

Cocoa60

Nov-20

Morning Kitty.  Warmer here this morning, 40 at 5 AM.  Supposed to be mid 50s today.

Not going to PA this morn.  They started new restrictions at midnight.  I would've gone

yesterday if I had known it was coming.  My brother has the chickens moved but doesn't

have their supplies moved or the light wired properly.  Restrictions will probably be in effect

until after Thanksgiving. 

We got an environment cleanup bill from my wifes accident 2 years ago but hoping the

insurance company will take care of it.

Hope you enjoy this warm day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Nov-20

a bill for environmental clean up?  what is that all about?  enjoy what warm weather...it might get higher then 34...but at least the sun is shining...PT again this morning...getting sick of it...

Cocoa60

Nov-21

Morning Kitty.  Woke early, will try to go back to sleep in a while.

Guess the state has someone clean up any transmission oil, engine oil,

antifreeze that might spill out of your vehicle in an accident.  Would have

expected a bill in a month or so, not two years later.

Hope the therapy is helping you get around better.

I'm using the warmer weather to wax the cars before Winter.  Had to make an

appointment two weeks in advance to turn in the plates on my Monte SS for the

Winter.  Lucky it isn't quite the end of the insurance, state would have fined me for

an uninsured vehicle.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Nov-21

sunny and 45...not too bad....supposed to be partly cloudy/sunny all day....no big plans for me....you just register the Monte Carlo for the summer months?  interesting...hope you can go back to sleep...

Susan1206

Nov-21

Dear Ernie,

Lovely picture of your Mother.  Simpler times, for sure.  

Apparently it's a router/modem Spectrum problem.  I'm not up to dealing with an hour phone call from Spectrum today.  It will have to wait.

Ohio State football on at noon.  Will watch the game and clean up things.

Jim's going to use floor leveler on the end section of the room.  I would say we have TWO rows to go and then done and done.  Need to replace one transitional piece (do not like at all) and one transitional piece at the end.  Happy to be finished!

Enjoy the week-end.  Susan

Susan1206

Nov-21

Hi Kitty ~

Found out just how much abuse my knee can take...LOL.   Of course, I've been on my hands and knees for weeks doing the floor.  We took a hike to a metro park yesterday.  Jim's idea...I knew that I would not make it....  A walk of about 1/2 mile to get to the Lake.  A total of two miles from beginning to end.  Made it with a cane very slowly back and in a lot of pain.  Wasn't sure how I would get back out when ...miracles of miracles...a park ranger appeared.  I asked if he would take me back to the parking lot and he agreed to do that.  It was a blessing!

Enjoy the week-end.  Ohio State game.....and a quiet day.  Susan

Cocoa60

Nov-22

Morning Kitty.  Back to cold here at 29.  Saturday and Sunday weren't as nice as they had forecast.

Supposed to get snow then rain.  Might be a gap for Brandy and I to walk.  We didn't get out the

last two days to get the cars done.  They are waxed for Winter.  The Monte SS wouldn't last through

the salt.  The frame and body already have a few rust faults that are covered up.  I filled the gas tank,

put fuel stabilizer in the gas, and took the plates off.  I have to wait 2 weeks to turn in the plates, don't

know if I will drive it or not.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Cocoa60

Nov-22

Morning Susan.  Cold 29 this morning.  I got my own Wifi router when Spectrum

was starting to charge $10 a month for theirs instead of $5.  I don't know if established

accounts still pay rent for them.  I've seen commercials that say free router but their

commercials are deceiving.  Free doesn't mean free for all.  Ours paid for itself years ago,

only cost $80 and is fast enough for us.  Works ok on youtube.  I listen to music while I'm

here.

Have a good day.

Ernie