About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1427394 views.
Cocoa60

Dec-23

Morning Kitty.  We didn't get much sun yesterday, in lower 30s.  Supposed

to get 1 to 2 inches of rain then snow Thursday into Friday.  That's why I had

to get the snow cleaned off the roof.  Finished it yesterday.  Now I need to shovel

some of it away from the back basement windows and wall. 

Have a good day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Dec-23

we had sun all day today and it is up in the low 40's....a quiet day just ordinary stuff...hope your day is wonderful.....

\

Cocoa60

Dec-24

Morning Kitty.  I did shovel part of the snow away from the back wall and one window.

No drain put in on that side, usually wouldn't be needed.  So shoveled couple hours with

a steel shovel.  Snow already packed from shoveling it off the roof.  Our 3 inches of rain

starts at 10 this morning.

We made Christmas cookies and decorated them with daughter and grandkids last night.

Finished buying Christmas gifts yesterday.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Dec-24

would love to be able to make cookies with great grands....but they are in day care a couple of times a week and it wouldn't make sense...our rain/storm is expected after 5 today....county close to us is expected to get wind gusts up to 60 mph....they suggest move to the lower level.....and we are on the second floor....we will see what we must do....I hope that all our friends have a very Merry Christmas....hugs

Cocoa60

Dec-25

Merry Christmas Kitty.  Rain here last 20 hours or so.  Not to many problems,

drainage ditches and rain gutters all working.  Hope the ice is all gone when the rain

stops sometime this morn.  Just looked at driveway, ice is gone.  relaxed

Grands 2020

Kittyarnold

Dec-25

Merry Christmas to all.....all of our snow went except for a little pile by the car...it is raining lots...but the wind was blowing just for a few hours...we didn't lose power....two of our kids did but they both have generators....so all is well.....nice present exchange with Brian...and have talked with one of the kids so far....hope your day improves with the weather...your area got it worse then ours....

Cocoa60

Dec-26

Morning Kitty.  Just very cold this morn, 19.  We weren't sure what

weather was going to be after rain so Christmas was postponed until

today.  Wife felt worn out yesterday and daughter had water in the

basement.  Mother in the law had to go into surgery again yesterday.

We will probably get up there to visit after she gets home and can relax.

Would have visited her a few times in the hospital normally.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Dec-26

sounds like you and family had a tough time...hope today is better.....we are up to 24 sunny degrees...looks pretty on our hillside...we were with our daughter and her husband for dinner...and two others stopped by with spouses so we got to virtually hug....didn't feel like Christmas but at least we could be with some family...it almost feels like it is time to take down the tree....but not yet I am telling myself...both Brian and I got a pair of boots for Christmas now we can go out in the snow....heard from friends that it may have gotten down to 42 in Sanibel....

Cocoa60

Dec-27

Morning Kitty.  Supposed to be warmer and sunny today.  We had our Christmas dinner

and gifts yesterday, fun time.  Glad you got boots for Winter.  I have all the Winter clothes

I need.  I might have to work all day outside so have to have them ahead of time.  I already

have insulated rubber boots and Winter combat boots.  I just finally got Summer combat

boots yesterday.  They cost $145 plus tax and shipping in the Summer when people want

them but half that in the Winter.  My old Summer boots are really shot, don't remember

how many years old they are, very old.  Got new Belleville boots for $45. plus shipping and tax.

Christmas got noise cancelling FM headphones for lawn mowing and a device that helps me

track down the circuit breaker for a circuit I want to work on without plugging something

into it and have someone yell when I shut off the right one.  Also, a collection of Clint Eastwood

movies on a DVD.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Dec-28

I am sorry I didn't post yesterday....I did do lots of small projects and was able to cook a nice dinner...it was sunny and cold all day....today it is 30 and cloudy. Today is PT...she wants to do some strength exercises...I am getting better....did some unpacking but the boxes contain mostly pictures and grandchild art sent to us when they were younger....granddaughter turned 30 and I found art that she gave us from when she was 5...couldn't race thru all of that....need to get lots of the stuff into albums....took me back to many wonderful memories....