About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1426985 views.
Cocoa60

Dec-30

Morning Kitty.  Relatives don't want a dog near wife's mother until she heals so I

won't be going up there.  Guess my nephew tried to shovel his way out of the

blizzard and doesn't get regular exercise.  So heart attack and badly damaged

heart.  I had to shovel about an hour and put chains on the tractor about 4

times.  It's easier to shovel than put chains on the tractor.  Our driveway is

about 150 feet.  Shoveled it for 39 years but have been exercising last 20.

Before that I stopped after the Army. 

Was cold here yesterday but got the smashed tent off my Mote Carlo SS.

Dented in on both sides and one side window smashed out.  Have lots of

body work to do come Summer.

Glad you are doing better Kitty.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Dec-30

Sorry about your nephew glad Brian does exercise and was able to shovel us out....well another cold 21 degrees and partly sunny.....small agenda today...unpack more boxes etc....am now to mostly framed pictures that I had room to hang all over the house in Sanibel....haven't as much room here so many will remain stored....my PT is over...she had to have surgery on her arm yesterday so won't be working for the rest of the year and another week....hope your day is wonderful

Cocoa60

Dec-31

Morning Kitty.  Think we had some freezing rain during the night but should be over now.

I shoveled the door yard so we could get out and get to the tractor, then shoveled an area

out back for Brandy to get out, then cleaned both cars off and around them since can't get

near them with a tractor.  Couple hours I guess.  I didn't even get us shoveled out the first

day, even with a backhoe.  We didn't have to get out though.

Brandy and I got out for our 7 miles yesterday and it looks good again for today.  Wearing

combat boots so I can get us up on top of hardened snow on the shoulders if I have to.  It's

a little more exercise for me to walk in heavier foot wear.

One of my arms from the exercises here at home, don't know what is to become of

it yet.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Dec-31

Cloudy again and 39....we just took our tree down.....a little early but doesn't matter.....my older sister (20 months) died Christmas morning....it isn't registering for me yet....she has had a bad couple of years...I thought if I posted it it would become real....

Cocoa60

Jan-1

Good morning Kitty.  So sorry to read you lost your sister.  I think about my parents often.

I got these old pictures of them back before I was born.  They were in a box on the floor

in the old farm house and nobody was interested in them.  My sister landed in south

Florida around 10:30 last night so guess she is out of the cold for a while.

We had a spaghetti dinner with daughter and grands last eve, always so great to see

them.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Jan-1

as usual...New Year happened in spite of the fact that we slept thru it...and now we are awake with bright sunshine and 27 degrees....did anyone go out and celebrate?  maybe our name Sensational Seniors tells us the answer.....hope 2021 is a better year for us all.....

Susan1206

Jan-1

Happy New Year 2021 dear Miss Kitty and Brian ~   Happy and healthy 2021 to the both of you!  We celebrated by going to a lodge and met up with part of the family.  A lovely afternoon of swimming and hot tub followed by old fashioned drinks and a delicious dinner.   We were in bed by 9:00 p.m. and I can't ever remember a year where I didn't stay up until midnight.  Yes, Sensational Senior title, comes to mind.

May God and Ocean Spirit bless ALL.   Susan

Susan1206

Jan-1

Happy New Year 2021 dear Ernie and family ~   Happy and healthy 2021 to all of you!  We celebrated by going to a lodge and met up with part of the family.  A lovely afternoon of swimming and hot tub followed by old fashioned drinks and a delicious dinner.   We were in bed by 9:00 p.m. and I can't ever remember a year where I didn't stay up until midnight.  Yes, Sensational Senior title, comes to mind.

May God bless ALL.   Susan

Denim50

Jan-1

Sensational Seniors, 

• Edited January 1, 2021 11:06 pm  by  Denim50
Denim50

Jan-1

Susan, 

Belated congratulations! Sorry I missed your post earlier but huge congratulations on 11+ years.