About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1423588 views.
Susan1206

Jan-17

Hi Kitty,

I figured out how to change my password so my cell phone can now take and receive FORUM messages.  It makes it easier when I send pictures.......  

Our life....full of passwords, etc.  Are you scheduled for your vaccine?   Mine will be the week of February lst.  Megan scheduled as she is doing Intake at the Medical Practice where she is a Director.  Worry about her....she had her first shot last week.  Dan, at the Clinic had his.   Teacher daughter will soon have hers......

((hugs))  Susan

Kittyarnold

Jan-17

I am registered but haven't a time scheduled....really a mess....CT isn't doing a very good job...if I was back in Sanibel I would have already had the shot...my busiest time of the day is watching the sun rise and the sunset....LOL

Cocoa60

Jan-18

Morning Kitty.  Glad you are able to do more with less pain.  That's reason for the surgery.

Should get better and better.  Hope my mother in law gets better.  Right now she just does

walking from one end of the house to the other 3 times.  I don't know how often.

We saw an 8 point buck out in the woods died of old age or was shot and not found.

Daughter wants the antlers for some reason.  We will get them for her next time go through

there. 

The phone has a paint drop on it from when they painted the door or ceiling.  Leave it on

there because it's a piece of history for me.  Also, I didn't mention and you can't really see

it has a 9 foot coiled cord on the receiver my mom had installed because I was always pulling

it off it's stand when I was a teen talking to girls.  smile

Another work week starting, so thankful I get to stay here with Brandy.

Have a good day.

Ernie

• Edited January 18, 2021 5:55 am  by  Cocoa60
Cocoa60

Jan-18

Morning Susan.  Brandy not so thin, barely see her ribs.  Same with me.  We just

barely keep our weight down.  I can't tell Finn is overweight in the picture, he

just looks big compared to the door.  We walked 8 miles yesterday, a mile more

than usual.  Brandy loves the woods walks because she doesn't have to be on a leash.

Cocoa used to pull all the time but she was around 50 pounds.  She stopped around

middle age.  If it's painful we would notice at a slight pull.

Might go visit wife at her moms.  Brandy can't go inside though, because of open wounds.

Maybe take her for a long walk while I'm there.  Their house is about 100 yards from the road

so she can be lose outside for a while.  Have chickens, turkeys, and goats though.

Hope your day goes well.

Ernie

Susan1206

Jan-18

Hi Ernie,

A late get up.....awake through the middle of the night!  Phone battery dead and now missing somewhere in the house.  Searched well into the morning hours. When I find it, I'm sure there is a app or device that will "find my phone" to solve future dilemmas.    How did we become dependent on these??? 

A bit of snow ~  haven't seen the sun in weeks!!  

Enjoy your travels to see your wife. Susan

Kittyarnold

Jan-18

what a shame and waste with the dead deer....we love venison...when we bought this house (I remember and will try to take pictures)  there is a buck head with horns and all on the wall downstairs.  and another set of antlers hanging there too....I had a regular (old fashioned) phone  at one point and had the longest cord possible so I could do stuff while talking start dinner etc.... we are having a clouds come and then sun kind of a day...and it is a warm 41 degrees....

Cocoa60

Jan-19

Morning Susan.  We had a couple hours of sunshine on Monday afternoon.  We also

keep getting snow, probably enough that ice will soon form in the driveway. 

Sorry you lost your phone.  I keep mine in a holster on my front jeans pocket so

it's on my side but most girls wouldn't want that. I often think it's strange for

everyone to be carrying a phone, never would've imagined it first 50 years of my

life or so.

Your statement "Haven't seen the sun in weeks!!"  sounds like that song by Kid Rock

and Sheryl Crow.  Think it's Picture.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Cocoa60

Jan-19

Morning Kitty.  I usually go deer hunting but hardly at all this past season.  We had a lot

going on and I forgot to ask farmers permission until last few days and didn't get it.

Didn't go up to see my wife yet.  She wants me to pick up some stuff at stores that don't

open until late in the day. 

Have my six month blood test follow up appt today.  Good results these days but not as good

as I would like.  Also, it seems as though I have to exercise 4-5 hours a day to keep things in check.

I didn't expect to have to keep up quite so much.

Back in the early 70s the phone company owned all the phones so my mom would've had to take the

phone down to the phone company and have them install the longer cord.  No modular jacks the

either.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Jan-19

another slow start...but that is starting to feel like my new normal...todays weather...sunny and 34 degrees...well partly sunny....and today our garage doors are being installed...all we have are sliding barn doors so we haven't parked the car inside...with automatic door we will....the second one is for the workshop....and the riding mower can be put undercover easily...our son just brought us a pheasant kielbasa for dinner....never had such a thing....can't wait to try it....hope you day is great and hope I get motivated to do something...smile 

Cocoa60

Jan-20

Morning Kitty.  We had a couple hours sunshine yesterday and the day before.  Nice

to see in the afternoon.  Today is cold and if I go visit my wife today, it's in the teens there

this afternoon. 

Dr appt didn't go that well.  I wasn't as strict in my exercise and diet past 3 months and it

showed up in my blood numbers.  I should have a mentor in healthy solutions but all I have

is a doctor that wants to increase meds.  While I want them out of my life. 

I wasn't keeping up watering our plants but saw they were wilting now so playing catch up.  Think

they will make it.

Have a good day.

Ernie