About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1424563 views.
Kittyarnold

Jan-25

Well maybe the pictures will be taken tomorrow...they weren't taken today...never got there....lazy....but tomorrow is another day....

Cocoa60

Jan-26

Morning Kitty.  Not quite as cold here this morn but we're just in front of the

oncoming storm.  Only 2 to 4 inches of snow, think it's 4 to 6 up further north where

my wife is.  I should vacuum the house today, needs done and I can use a little extra

exercise.

3 weeks I've left the gates closed that keep Brandy from getting into the cat room and

keep the cat from getting into the carpeted bedroom.  Just finally thought they don't

need to be closed now, wife should be home in about a week if things keep going well.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Cocoa60

Jan-26

Morning Susan.  Was talking about Kitty's Brian getting frustrated installing transfer strips.

But I get frustrated with myself all the time.  Usually we can't call people in to fix everything,

would run out of money fast. 

My cooking doesn't amount to much, still on Diabetic diet.  Cook eggs in the morning which

Brandy and I share.  Make a salad every few days for lunch, warm up frozen vegetables for

dinner.  My wife usually makes the salad and warms vegetables.  She makes meat and potatoes

for herself but they're usually outside my diet.  Ate out once this month, and ate in the car then,

when we were taking my wife up to her moms.  Eating out for a Diabetic is a pain unless they

don't care very much, know a few Diabetics like that.  Even worse if you're trying to lose weight

or maintain a weight.  I've still only managed to leave behind one of the 3 Diabetic meds, still

working on the other 2.

Have a good day, hope Finn likes his blanket.

Ernie

• Edited January 26, 2021 5:34 am  by  Cocoa60
Kittyarnold

Jan-26

hope it works out that your wife can get home...our snow hasn't started yet....supposed to start early afternoon....I think we are on the fringe of the storm...and it doesn't matter to us cause we don't have to get anywhere....a do nothing day here...Brian of course is working and taping all the sheet rock   hope I can paint when it is time....one of my favorite things to do...I am even missing walking thru a grocery store and that is one of my least favorite things to do...

Kittyarnold

Jan-26

Had to come on and tell all that it is snowing so hard that I can barely see the hill behind me...big flakes and pretty....

Cocoa60

Jan-27

Morning Kitty.  We got a few inches of snow.  Brandy and I will have to go out and shovel

it off the drive or it will turn to ice.  Will just shovel instead of exercising inside. 

I try to avoid getting groceries when the store is crowded but very thankful to have the money

to pay for them, it's our largest bill.

My wife is still trying to choose a paint color for half of the kitchen, dining room, and hall way.

Some shade of green.  We have all different shades of green in little blocks on the wall so she

can see it up on the wall and dry. 

Have a good day.

Ernie

Susan1206

Jan-27

Hi Ernie,

Ever have an entire message just disappear?  Ugh.   Injection yesterday.  Spur of the moment call from daughter....get there quick.  Of course, it's a 35 minute drive to the other side of town but we made it.  It was all handled very well.  No waiting.  Social distancing observed.  A very nice young Doctor who said it was nice to see seniors who were "mobile"...laughing out loud...of course, he knew that I was Megan's Mom so he put his best food forward.   It's a wonderful facility in the city of Cleveland, I believe a government funded facility.  Very blessed that Megan, as an Administrator, was permitted to invite her close family members, for their injection.  So...on we go....very sore arm where injection was given but so far, so good!  February 23rd will be the second shot. 

Hugs, Susan

Susan1206

Jan-27

Dear Kitty,

No snow here yet?  I think we were missed.  Sometimes we are protected by the Lake...Other times, Lake Effect snow.

I was telling Ernie that we received our vaccinations yesterday.  Megan called around 3:30 p.m. and told us there had been a cancellation.  We frantically drove across town to arrive at the facility at 4:30 p.m.  Nice staff, in the inner city, young young Doctor and all very well planned.  Injection given, wait 15 minutes and we were on our way.  Of course, I had not planned on a spur of the moment run, and we had invited our neighbor, a pediatric nephrology gal at the Clinic, over for dinner.  To say the least, I was ready for bed at 9:30 p.m.  Sore arm and that's about it so far....

On we go......A cup of coffee sounds very good this time of the morning.  Hugs, Susan

Kittyarnold

Jan-27

we ended up with about 3" of snow...pretty, soft and sitting on the branches...no sun today and 28 degrees....glad we don't have to go out.....our daughter is doing our grocery shopping so she will be arriving soon with the bags....she goes as early as possible so the place isn't crowded....an advantage...and we are just grateful that she is willing to do this for us.....Brian was going to go in this morning for some essentials...and now doesn't have to...hope your day is a good one...

Kittyarnold

Jan-27

as mentioned to Ernie....3" of snow....so pretty...not a problem for travel here....but we don't have to go out....daughter is here with our groceries....so onward....