About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1531878 views.
Cocoa60

Feb-25

Good morning Kitty.  Warm here also, snow and ice are melting.  Only around

freezing to day but with sunshine.

My wife woke me at 2:30 that the power had gone out couple hours earlier and

power company was saying wouldn't be back on until late today, but I laid there

a while and it came back on.  So didn't get the generator out and wire it up.

Radio came and it transmits, receives, and programs.  Got lucky.

My daughter's refrigerator quit and I'm trying to fix that.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Feb-25

we have a lovely clear morning with bright sunshine...and it is already 37  ..Brian just left to go to a hardware store for a few things to finish the project....I haven't figured out a project for my day as of yet....need to finish my coffee before I can think...LOL....already did a load of wash....sunrise was beautiful....hope your day is wonderful....

Need_Freedom

Feb-25

Hello all my lovelies!  Spent my coffee getting caught up on all your snow.  As I think I reported back in the fall, we have joined the rebel snow birds and have been in Mexico since December 1.  Back in our little ex-pat community and doing all that is recommended, social distancing, masks, hand sanitizer, washing hands and all that we are suppose to.  Mexico is by no means better than anywhere else but at least we get up to sun every morning, warmth in the afternoon and coolness in the evening as the sun sets.  We talked it over and even though we couldn't drive across USA this year, we opted to fly (which was allowed).  Now stupid government has put in the stupid rule of staying in a government regulated hotel for 3 days after your flight into Canada.  Lots of controversy happening about that.  Especially considering, we need a Covid PCR test before boarding flight, then another when we get off in Calgary and then go to their hotel (which could be $2,000 a person they said although it is proving to be a lot less), pay ourselves, wait for results, then can drive home and quarantine for rest of 14 days and take another test.  I do believe this was a real sh!t show as we are now finding out.  We have our condo rented till April 30 so we will stay till the end and see if this stupid condition gets lifted (as was mentioned at beginning).  Why they decided to target snowbirds amazes me.  They handcuffed the Canadian airlines to south vacation spots which was good, however, this return condition is just really stupid.  As some journalist wrote recently...the snowbirds are probably the healthiest lot, they have probably already received a vaccine, they are not a burden on the Canadian healthcare and basically this stupid condition has just pissed off all snowbirds!  Well, c'est la vie!  We will enjoy our sunshine and return to sunshine at some point.

Our hometown has had a decent winter with some snowstorms but recently went through 10 days of -40 C (-40F) weather with a windchill.  Sounded real nasty but alas, it is over and their temperatures are up above 0C (32F) now.

Kitty, your house sounds beautiful....did you post any pics?  If so, I missed them!  

Been working with a orthopedic surgeon down here.  Knee has been very painful for over a year and decided to take advantage of their wonderful medical system down here.  We do not carry medical insurance as the cost is 1/3 of what it would cost privately in Canada.  Guess that means 1/2 of what USA would pay.  We do have great coverage on health care in Canada, however, by the time I would have been referred to an orthopedic dr., had an xray, a MRI and back to doctor to decide on action, then to have the shots, it surely would have been over a year!  Sometimes, it is totally frustrating so we opted to pay the price.  I so miss the walking that we use to do!!  Praying that this works!

Well peoples, I am  sure I have talked your ears off with my frustrations but enjoyed my morning coffee, so be well my friends!!

DONNA

Cocoa60

Feb-26

Good morning Kitty.  Woke early so probably take a short nap later.

Doing good here Kitty.  Old radio I bought does have problems I'm

going to have to look at.  Still waiting for the power transistors for

my old Heathkit from the 70s.

Lot of the snow is melting here and it's supposed to rain tomorrow,

so Brandy and I will probably be able to go on our 8 mile walks again

soon.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Feb-26

Good morning Ernie....we have blue sky and sunshine...it is supposed to cloud up later and rain thru tomorrow .....the snow is melting fast and that is nice...we can actually see some grass   not green yet but it is grass....Brian is working on the first floor again....today I gave him some old curtains to put on the windows facing the road...should look nicer.....then I think the downstairs will be close to done...soon the project will be the yard and creating flower gardens...warned my kids that they gardens may be raided a bit....hope your day is a good one....

Kittyarnold

Feb-26

I sent a message via email....hope you got it....

Need_Freedom

Feb-26

Haven't received it yet!  is my email correct?  it is jdkorpess@hotmail.com!!  I have refreshed several times and checked my junk (lol) and no email.  Check your sent folder and see if it went there!

Cocoa60

Feb-27

Good morning Kitty.  Weekend again and we all have it off.

I'm working on that radio, not easy, everything is miniature

and surface mount parts not made to be repaired.

Rain today should wash some of the chemicals off the road.

Brandy and I anxious to get back out on our walks.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Feb-27

I don't even have your address in my email....guess I just responded thru our group here and it didn't go thru   But was just glad that you came for a visit...miss all of our old friends...and it sounds like you are having a tough time...hugs