About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1466251 views.
Cocoa60

Mar-1

Good morning Kitty.  Didn't get much rain here, certainly not enough to clean the

salt and chemicals off the roads.  Maybe rain today. 

I disassembled my microscope and took out the circuit board.  I have a little heat

gun with a nozzle on it so it can be used to melt solder to make a joint or melt the

solder joints on a board in case the joint has come lose.  So I went over both sides

of the board and watched the solder melt in some cases.  Anyway it worked, my

microscope is back.  So now I need to get back to the radio I was using the microscope

on.  Glad I got the scope working, just bought it about a year ago. 

We still have almost complete snow cover on the ground here since December 17th

when we got the 42 inches but it's melting rapidly.  Any faster and there would be lots

of flooding.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Mar-1

we didn't get much either.....but it is raining here now....and very foggy.....so maybe it will go more....glad you got your microscope back....today is another day for me to figure out what to do....wanted to go out for a ride but what could I see with the fog....so will think of something else...have a good one Ernie

Cocoa60

Mar-2

Good morning Kitty.  Another coat of snow on everything here this morning.

At least all the ice is melted out of the driveway. 

Didn't get the power supply fixed, will need more repair besides those 2 transistors.

I have another power supply I can use for that transceiver until I get it's original

working.

Woke early this morn but will get a nap soon.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Mar-2

we woke up to bright sunshine and 14 degrees...and strong winds all night...we were lucky and did not lose our power    again last night I went over all the pluses in my life for not smoking anymore....If I could visit the kids they would probably all send me outside....that was never enjoyable....cause you puffed fast to get back in the house and then you "stink"  I never realized that until after quitting when I could smell others...happy day

Cocoa60

Mar-3

Good morning Kitty.  It was a sunny day here also.  Daughter and grandkids

came over to visit and play a board game.

I don't know many smokers anymore.  The guy that moved in next door with

the dog Brandy plays with sometimes.  His brother or a friend is a doctor and

told him there's no use quitting in his 60s, of course there is.  His mind is addicted

so it grabs onto that false information.  There's been 6 families move into that house

since we've been here.  That's the way with many of the homes around here.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Mar-3

a Dr. said that?? how foolish...I am grateful that I quit and know that I extended my life span...the coughing etc..was getting pretty bad....and I didn't quit until just before my 70th birthday...and that was nearly 14 yrs ago...and I am still in pretty good shape for an old lady

Cocoa60

Mar-4

Good morning Kitty.  Was in the 40s yesterday but 20s today.  Brandy and

I headed back out on the road yesterday for 7 miles.  Kind on stiff after, we're

not used to it now, but will be soon.

Didn't get much done, waiting for parts for everything.  I see where the water

is going around us from the excavating we did last Summer, from the snow melt.

Hope your day goes well.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Mar-4

already finished my agenda for the day....dusted the whole house and Brian is doing the vacumming......the sun is partly out here but isn't supposed to be...I'll take it....called a friend in Sanibel to wish her a Happy Birthday...that is about it for me....

Susan1206

Mar-4

Dear Ernie ~

Just playing catch up, I'm afraid. Seven miles ?.  Finn and I would surely be dead by the side of the road.  I believe the Vetprofen is helping him.  I take him tomorrow for blood work and weight check.  Let's say a prayer that he is losing a bit of weight. It's essential that I get this weight off for his back knees.

Onward we go.  Spring is springing but not fast enough.  Snow has melted.  Poop patrol was a disaster.  Let's not go down that road.

Hugs, Susan

Susan1206

Mar-4

Dear Miss Kitty,

The new couch arrived and I think I will have to learn to love it.   Very hard to pick out fabric.  It's a bit darker than I had imagined but a very classic style and it looks nice with our wooden floors.  At any rate, I will learn to love it because I doubt you can return a custom piece.  I told Jim that the last leather one lasted twenty plus years and with the recliner, I sold it for $350.00.   This one surely will last as long!

Carry on.  Spring is coming.  Not soon enough for me.  Finn has a vet appointment tomorrow.  Always a chore getting him in the car.  Would love to buy a little Cooper but will not do so until I turn 80!

Hugs, Susan