About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1565753 views.
Kittyarnold

Mar-11

I would very much like to put you in the car and drive you to the DR or ER......please take care of yourself....sorry the cat is sick.....woke up to total fog....couldn't see across the back yard....plane wouldn't have taken off it was so bad....but it is starting to break up and I can see a hint of sunshine...and it is 44 already.....calling for snow next wk....well that is spring in NE.....Brian is outside working again....of course that is what he loves...today it is weeding around the trees  trying to get rid of the bittersweet which is very invasive....and now I can see blue sky....hope your day is good....and take care of your back..../.

Cocoa60

Mar-12

Morning Kitty.  40 here this AM.  We still have snow but it's melting rapidly.

Good Brian has useful things to do.  I haven't done any yard work yet.

I did get the garden tractor and motorcycle started and warmed up yesterday.

Took the motorcycle for a short ride. 

Wife decided to have her cat put to sleep.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Mar-12

it is 52 here and sunny....so pretty...Brian has removed enough brush to be down to working in his undershirt   we put up a blue bird house...hoping it is early enough....have seen them flying around....we have very little snow left mostly melted...just waiting for some green...and smelling new mown grass.....didn't get that in Florida....otherwise nothing new or exciting....yesterday I was excited to go to the grocery store....and I always hated shopping...but simple pleasure....hope your day is good...

Susan1206

Mar-12

Dear Ernie, Kitty and Hi Karen (nice to see you)

A beautiful Monday for being off leash (or so I thought)  Finn and our friends, Maureen and Kayla, another Golden, took off leash to the woods.  So many squirrels everywhere on this warm day.  Finn took his first run (about 30 some feet) and went down).  He would not get up and then when he did, he was limping badly.  The Vet was closed by the time I got him in the car and home.  Fast forward, a trip to our Vet where he had x-rays.  A cruciate tear (in other words an ACL) and meniscus damage.  Fast forward, a trip yesterday to an Orthopedic Surgery.  The first they can do surgery is March 31st.  That seems like a very long time away.  Surgeon said he is not in pain, just uncomfortable.  And, so now our life revolves around getting him in and out to potty.  Please, pray for a cancellation and an earlier appointment.  My surgery is April 15th and I would like to have him on his way before then.......

Enjoy the week-end.  Susan

Kittyarnold

Mar-12

I thought I responded hours ago but don't see it....lovely day here sunny and warm...was outside with Brian while he did more yard work....so sorry to hear about the cat....very hard decision to make../wish you well...and I did respond...LOL....can't stay with it I guess...//Susan sorry to hear about Finn....have to wait so long just not right.....

Cocoa60

Mar-13

Good morning Susan.  Sorry to hear about Finn.  Hope he comes through the surgery well.

Enjoy your weekend.

Ernie

Cocoa60

Mar-13

Good morning Kitty.  Cooler days now.  Birds still coming to our bird feeders.

I don't appreciate the crowds at the grocery store but feel lucky to be able to

get groceries and afford them.  We also have a little snow left but no flooding.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Mar-13

I used to have the birds come all year when I fed the birds...and as a snow bird I only fed them in the summer until the bear came to the deck to eat all of the seeds and honey water the hummingbirds liked....our snow is gone....and it was so lovely and warm today is cold but sunny.....feeling safe after both shots are done...and Brian gets his second Wednesday.....we are finally going to do take out for dinner tonight....we feel a bit safer and take out sounds like a big adventure...like grocery shopping did the other day....will feel "normal"....have a good one....

Cocoa60

Mar-14

Good morning Kitty.  Woke early, will get a nap in a while.  After Monday we're back in

the 40s. 

We buried the cat.  Put a new cover on the Monte SS but still has 3 bad dents from the

tent collapse.  Wife and I played that board game for a couple hours again yesterday.

We looked at a house down the road we would like to help get our daughter into but

to expensive I guess.  We might end up buying the land behind it that also borders

our land.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Mar-14

I don't know what happened...I remember responding but it never made it....you did wake up too early....and sorry about the cat....we are having typical NE weather...the March wind doth blow...and cloudy and then sunny...and then blue skies and up to 40   then clouds again and a big snow flurry....then sunshine again and now cloudy fun to watch.....going to daughters for corn beef and cabbage....hope you got a nap   too early to get up