About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1605423 views.
Kittyarnold

3/27/21

my husband wondered if 500 miles was a typo  if not he is very impressed.....a good day of doing whatever I wanted including watching Brian do more yard work...happy there is so much here from him....chicken stew is simple Ernie...leftover chicken....celery, onion, carrots...left over rice and of potato...can of cream of something soup and cook...done and leftovers for tonight...another sunny day..up to 66  hope your day has been good

Cocoa60

3/28/21

Good morning Kitty.  Yes, I'm at home on a bike after a few hours at the beginning

of the season.  There were a lot of years I didn't ride or rode very little.  This year

I will be wearing tires out going down to the farm.

I'm ok with chicken but lots of foods don't fit into my diet.  I did have some ice cream

last night.  Can get away with it once in a while.

I have more dirt to move in the back lawn but not until it dries out so the backhoe

doesn't tear up the lawn.  Left a pile back there at the end of all the excavating.  Have

a spot that needs it.  Some big spots where the new grass didn't take hold last Fall but

it will grow fine with the rain water and warm temps coming. 

If I cook it's usually hamburgers or eggs, things that only need salt and pepper.  smile

Have a good day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Mar-28

I can't believe that I haven't responded....early shopping trip etc......partly sunny day and fairly warm...now it is pouring....that is about it....

Kittyarnold

Mar-29

good morning to everyone....the sun is shining and the wind is whipping...40 degrees  we are getting closer to it must be spring.....hope all is well....

Cocoa60

Mar-30

Good morning Kitty.  Had ultrasound yesterday morning with no eating or drinking and

forgot to get on here later.  Glad you are doing well.  Good chance I will ride down into PA

and help clean today, only warm day this week. 

Ultrasound of Aorta stent was all good, glad of that or I might have been in surgery yesterday.

Was late for Brandy and I to get started yesterday but we still got 7 miles in. 

Have a good day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Mar-30

so glad the ultra sound went well....today another clear beautiful day...Brian is out cleaning up around what will be our garden....he wants to get our raspberries in today to get them established. And our asparagus bed too  .I went out and visited with him for awhile...our son stopped in so I got some Vitamin D...a good thing...it is 51 nice except for a chilly winds sometimes...see lots of budding on the trees...pretty soon we will be green and some red too....hope your day is wonderful

Cocoa60

Mar-31

Good morning Kitty.  Brandy and I will get started on our walk soon before the rain.

I went down into PA yesterday to help with cleanup.  Cleaned up in the main house with

my hands but wore work gloves, got cut last time.  Cleaned up with a shovel in the second house, 

Still have plenty to do but have something to work with now.  Filled up a trailer with about 20

bags of garbage.

Got to ride bike again but the rest of the week is rain and snow.  Easter looks good though.  Look forward

to Easter dinner with our family.  Wife's parents might make it down, not certain yet.

I'm not gardening here, might help at daughters if needed.  I got her a Cub Cadet tiller years ago but she

started growing plants in boxes.  They grew in.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Mar-31

Sounds like you got a lot done    Shoveling in the house?  did that once...when we bought our farm many years ago....while Brian was working I was tearing off the wallboard cause he wanted to insulate (we were 3 miles from the Canadian border..)  after I tore out the walls and had gotten most of it out the windows the entire livingroom was insulated with bricks...just stacked...clearing them out was easy....pull a few out of the bottom and they just collapsed...then throw them out the window...a shovel picked up more than hands one at a time....our snow prediction was cancelled here...but it is another cloudy day....

Susan1206

Mar-31

Good morning, Miss Kitty and Ernie ~

The sun is shining here in Avon Lake but the temperature is quite cool.  We had a lot of wind last night which bothered Finn.

He is progressing.  It will be two weeks tomorrow.  Able to get up better but still limping quite a bit.  The surgeon's sheet said "normal" so I am hoping it will just take time.   He came alive yesterday and actually tried to climb the steps to the loft.  That is a real no no.  I did get two five minute walks in with him and he seemed happy about that.

Not much new.  Have some medical appointments in lieu of knee replacement and Finn will get his staples out on Friday.   Easter brunch with Jim's sister-in-laws, home here and late lunch/early dinner with my daughter and family.  Other daughter escaped to Destin, Fla for a break.

Take care.  Hugs ((  ))  Susan

Cocoa60

Apr-1

Good morning Kitty.  We are getting about an inch of snow, will probably be gone later

today.  Established with a dermatologist yesterday that is paid by insurance.  Got 4 sun

spots burned off.  Hurt this time, kept hitting them over and over.  One I got taken off

about 10 or 12 years ago was gone before I new it.

The houses are a mess down there.  Sister in law is confined to bedroom and bathroom

and brother doesn't seem to care.  I will keep trying to clean up as long as they let me in.

Sounds like a lot of work you two did on the farm house.

Brandy and I walked 10 miles yesterday before the rain started, it started just as we got home.

Have a good day.

Ernie