About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1483415 views.
Kittyarnold

Apr-7

Good morning Susan....miss seeing you hope all is well with you two....

Susan1206

Apr-7

Crazy days, Miss Kitty ~ Crazy days.

Went last week for a pre-anesthesia appointment.  The P.A. was a bit surly (must have been having a rough morning or night) LOL.   The first thing she commented on was that my pulse ox was on the low side.   Keeping in mind I had walked all through the hospital to find the lab.  It came up in a bit.   She wanted to know who my cardiologist was and I said I have none.  It ended with you need clearance from a Cardiologist and a Pulminologist  before you can have surgery.  Simple as that..... blood work, chest x ray total of 4 hours.   Of course, I as the patient, have to find a heart and lung Dr. who will clear me....Argghh.  Four hours of intense phoneing.   Yesterday, we drove to Main Campus and the Cardiologist gave me full clearance.  Now, Tuesday, I see Pulmonary for a spirometry test.   I have notice that I am winded...especially going to the top of the steps.  I have lots of allergy congestion too.   So, prayers to Ocean Spirit that I will pass enough to have surgery.  All of these years of not smoking and I still could have COPD......

Just really want the surgery to happen....  So that is my life here in Avon Lake.   Surgery still scheduled for the 15th unless they cancel.  ((hugs))  Susan

Kittyarnold

Apr-7

Wow....who needs all of the cra$ at our age....enough already....keep us posted...and stay well...hugs 

Susan1206

Apr-7

My friend who works at The Cleveland Clinic in pediatric nephrology says it is all about liability.   The PA deemed there to be a problem and I had to scramble like crazy to even get to see both doctors in a week.  Cardiology gave me a clean bill of health.   Even if I do have a minor COPD problem.....I can't imagine they would deny surgery.  My friend said it is really all about them knowing if you have something and using the right anesthetic for surgery....

I worked outside all day, bending over and taking mulch off the plants....Also did a 30 minute bike ride last night and was never out of breath.  We will see..

((hugs))  Susan

Cocoa60

Apr-8

Good morning Kitty.  Some nice days for all to play outdoors.  Have a rainy weekend

coming. 

Got the carburetors synced and new mirrors installed on my bike.  Two problems that

have plagued me for a long time.  Forgot to hit the timer button on my coffee maker so

waiting for coffee.  smile

I remember years ago that bear managed to get out onto your island down south.  I think

bobcats are really afraid of us with good reason. 

I might ride down into PA and help clean up on the farm today after some exercise.  A nice

day in the 70s but rainy after this.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Cocoa60

Apr-8

Good morning Susan.  Good luck with your teats.  I remember they found my Diabetes

when I was getting ready for shoulder surgery.  I was up at 295 when they found it.  Quit

my last Glucose med about a week ago.  Was at 107 yesterday.  Will probably drop below 100

after a while.  It sounds like you will pass.  I remember having the EKG before surgery.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Apr-8

you sound good to me....and good to hear your able to ride your bike for 30 minutes...impressive....we left out tandem bike in Sanibel....CT doesn't have safe bike paths....state roads? not for me...we would have to put the bike on the car and drive to a place where we could bike...that wasn't going to happen....keep us posted on the surgery and outcome....and my pathetic memory doesn't remember what the surgery is for....Bears? yes when we were summering in CT one came onto our deck for the bird feeders and was 3 ft from the screen door...and on Sanibel there was a bear wandering around...they have no idea how he got on the island...would have been seen on the bridge....so they removed him....

Kittyarnold

Apr-8

it just dawned on me that you are biking on a motorcycle not a bicycle....silly me....LOL

Susan1206

Apr-8

Chuck and Henrietta as they have been named, are back at the bird feeder this am. Love to feed the birds. Can’t wait until the hummingbirds arrive.

Finn relaxing in the sun. I am pretending to clean!

I will feel better mentally when the Spirometry test is done on Tuesday   Hugs, Susan

Susan1206

Apr-8

You've done a wonderful job with your glucose level.  Not everyone is that dutiful..

I always register 1 point above the Cleveland Clinic Level but they don't say anything.

Hoping the test Spirometry is o.k.  I figure they do all kinds of massive HEART transplants and surgery on kings in other countries.....surely I'm not that bad...that they can't do a knee replacement.  Will feel better after the test is over.

A gorgeous day here.  Almost 90?  Seriously.

Susan