About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1602448 views.
Cocoa60

May-19

Thanks, she's one of my very best friends.

• Edited May 19, 2021 6:46 am  by  Cocoa60
Susan1206

May-19

Dear Ernie,

I am so sorry to hear of the news about Brandy.  That's a tough one.   I didn't quite read when you have an appointment with the oncologist.

We bought a ramp for Finn to get up into the car.  He was petrified of it.  A neighbor loaned us a large harness with two handles to lift him up into the back seat if necessary.  It's hard for me with my cane to do so now.   Last night, we went and looked at a set of steps.  He did go up them and into the back seat.  Wouldn't come out of the car for about thirty minutes and then we had to lift him up with the harness.   It's all an act of love.......   He is healing.  The Vet said "all healed" just not to let him get rambunctious.

I'm in PT, two days a week.  Left the walker and onto the cane.  Here in the house I don't use the cane.  Can't say I'm totally pain free yet (about 3 Ibuprofen a day).   Knee stiff upon rising.  Not bad for entering five weeks.

Keep the Faith.

Susan

Susan1206

May-19

Hi Miss Kitty,

We will be in the mid 70's today too.  Seems like everyone plants annuals etc. very early up here.  I actually believe even though we are "north" of our home in North Canton, the Lake gives some type of protection and we may be in a different planting zone.  I'm so old school ~ I wait until Memorial Day.

Unfortunately with that thinking, a lot of annuals are picked over.  I will probably get my zonal geraniums and euphorbia for the planters and then fill in with the usual impatients, etc.   We plan to go to a fun herb farm about an hour away on Saturday.  I love planting my herbs in the garden and in pots.

Finn is healed.  I am healing.  Can't say I love PT but it is necessary.  Using a cane....but that's not bad or not quite five weeks out.

Enjoy the day.  Meeting some friends at a park just to sit on chairs and talk.

Susan

Cocoa60

May-20

Good morning Susan.  Hope to have 6 weeks to say goodbye to Brandy.  She has good

parts of the day and bad ones.  Good chance we don't have that much time.  I take her

out for walks because sitting around the house isn't much.

Glad Finn's surgery worked and yours. 

Doing maintenance on our cars, bike was done long ago.

Wife and one daughter will go to the green houses soon to get tons of flowers, so far

wife just picked up a few at Lowes. 

Have a good day.

Ernie

Susan1206

May-20

Dear Ernie~
She has had a good life and will continue to do so.  I get teary eyes just thinking of it all.  How much our beloved pets are our family.  I am so sorry.    Susan

Cocoa60

May-21

Hope you're enjoying the nice weather Kitty.  I think I found the leak in the pool and got

it fixed.  Usually takes much more looking, testing, etc... 

Enjoy the day.

Ernie

Cocoa60

May-21

Thanks Susan.  I expected a few more years with her but we lose beings all around us.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

May-21

good afternoon Ernie and Susan....wonderful day here warm and sunny finally able to wear short sleeves all day....some outside time and usual stuff inside...shower is installed and some of the sheet rock is done now trying to find a shower liner which is long enough...all appear to be 72 and we need 74 at least....son and daughter are in Ohio on their way home from Iowa and visiting sons new grandson and our new great....so exciting but wish they lived closer  grandpa is such a baby lover....

Cocoa60

May-22

Good morning Kitty.  Is nice weather, think humidity rises today.  Shower sounds great.

I got the leak in the pool fixed, lucky it usually takes a lot more time and effort. 

Grandkids and daughter were here last eve for pizza.  Daughter picked flowers off the

tree out in front of our bay window, using them for some recipe she has.  Most years

she just picked them for a pot at her house.   One of her sons was helping her separate the

petals.  Rest of us were playing a board game.

We're up early to walk because the day is starting out warm and humid.

I'm not good at sheet rock, think I will need to hire someone at the farm house when we do the

walls.  Will be trying to bring it out of the 60s - 70s so that my granddaughter or my grandson's

wives will like it in the next decade or two. 

Enjoy your short sleeve weather Kitty.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

May-22

what kind of tree are being used...? and what is she making?  curious.....another beautiful sunny day....supposed to have clouds come and go...already 72   Brian is already outside doing more work (which he loves)  he has been up since 4:30....I am a little later as usual...LOL  hope your day is great....also what board game do you play?