About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1599066 views.
Kittyarnold

May-24

and the dinner was great and MIL and her daughter (SIL) left and the evening is lovely and quiet....

Cocoa60

May-25

Good morning Kitty.  Glad you had a peaceful eve.  I did ok on the farm.

Mowed the lawn, took care of all the kitty liter bins, and unclogged the vaccuum

cleaner.  It's nice to see the places where I grew up.  I tend to hotrod my car

and bike more there, need to get over that.

Brandy is doing well.  They were going to have her come in Wednesday for the

second intravenous pain killer but she is doing well.  Was supposed to be 2-3

weeks and making it 1.5 weeks because the Dr is going to be out Memorial Day

week.  Will see what they say.  Think we need to go to 3 weeks or June 7.

Gotta go get my Subaru inspected this morning after our walk.  Rebuilt the right

rear brake that was failing so it should breeze through.  It's the half car, half truck,

I bought when we stopped smoking back in 07.  It's getting old.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

May-26

wow I never responded yesterday....sorry.....we are supposed to get up to the 90's today....sunny partly....at the moment but expecting a big storm later...may not be too bad for us in the northern part.....and it is really 14 yrs. for me not until July  .....hard to believe....another Pt visit this morning.....the pain might be a little less then it has been....wouldn't it be nice to be pain free?  have a good day

Cocoa60

May-27

Good morning Kitty.  Got 14 year old car inspected.  Got my daughter's computer

speakers fixed. 

Daughter makes syrup  and honey from lylac blossoms.

Brandy still doing well on pain killers and anti-inflamitory meds but the tumor is

getting bigger.  We go for 3 to 4 mile walks and take breaks.

Sorry your back hurts.  Hope the therapy improves it.  I have some pain in my

left arm but not bad.  Probably shoulder again. 

We had the warm weather and storms also, not that far apart.  You're 200 or 300

miles to the northeast of us, I think.

Enjoy your day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

May-27

we are only in the high 60's today but sunny and breezy   I did my exercises this morning...and am planning on going thru my closet....lost weight when I got back to Conn.  none of my capris fit....and even some of my jeans are too big...what a big agenda LOL  hugs to your day Ernie....and Brandy too.....

Cocoa60

May-28

Good morning Kitty.  Chilly morning here and there.  Took Brandy for a walk

through the woods last eve.  She loves to walk off leash.  I hate losing another

close friend.

I finally got my walk up to a good distance yesterday.  Have been only going

3-4 miles with Brandy, then working projects.  I have to get lots of exercise in, then

work on a project.  The rest will wait.  Every time my Glucose goes up it kills cells

I need in order to keep the numbers down.

My dad had a bunch of watches hung up at the farm house.  I noticed them when I

visited but don't know if I ever asked him about them.  My brother said something about

them last time so I grabbed one and opened it to get the battery.  Put a new battery in

yesterday and it works.  I will wear it for a while even though I carry a phone like most.

My dad never carried a phone.  He was an industrial electrician, don't understand why

he wasn't changing the batteries.

Have a good day Kitty.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

May-28

interesting about the watches...how many were there?  only up to 60's here and mostly cloudy...right now my piano is being tuned and he promised he would play it when he finishes....can't wait to hear that....

Cocoa60

May-29

Good morning Kitty.  Rain for 3 days here, probably similar to there and out in Ohio.

Looked like 4 watches the other day but he's bees gone for 11 years, so any that looked

valuable could have disappeared.  I'm going to check the rest for any engravings when I'm

back there. 

We've started giving Brandy one of her second pain pills, 3 is her normal dose.  Might go

to three next week.

We've been retired four years Tuesday.  Wife went back for one day, she was worried about

doing without her paycheck.  She has to have one of my pensions because her job didn't

have one.

I need to finish one of my electronic projects in the basement, during the rainy days,

but I end up coming upstairs to see Brandy.  I think we will be able to walk in the afternoon

today.

I have the picture of my parents double wedding with my dad's brother and his wife.  It's

a 5 x7 but I got a copy at 8x 10.  After I rebuild the farmhouse I will hang it there, it's from

July 1946.  They met the day my dad came home from WW2 in 1945.  He was looking for

my uncle that had also just come home from the war.  We hope to copy a farm near here

and place a huge boulder in the front lawn with a 4th generation plaque attached to it.

Will be a huge project and probably the last one for wife and I.

Have a good day Kitty.

Ernie

Susan1206

May-29

Dear Ernie,

Yes, I think perhaps animals do have a sense that they are ill.  Phoebe would recline in front of the fireplace for hours, but pick up her head every five minutes or so just to see that I was there.  It makes me feel so sad for you and the family.

Lots of rain and WIND the last day.  Many power outages around the Lake.  Been down with a head cold.  Decided not to do physical therapy yesterday.  Going to babysit Bronwen tonight.  No big week-end plans.  Our neighborhood has an informal get together....we'll see about that.  50 degrees and windy doesn't exactly entice me to go. 

Have a nice Memorial Day week-end.  Susan

Susan1206

May-29

Hi Kitty,

Sitting here with my morning cup of coffee looking outside at the dreary day.  40 some degrees, overcast and very windy.  We had gale wind warnings yesterday!  

Somehow caught a cold and spent most of yesterday down in bed.  Feel a bit better today.  Babysitting Bronwen tonight but no big Memorial Day Plans.  Certainly NOT a good week-end for picnics and outside activities.

Continuing on with physical therapy.  Can't wait for it to be over.   ((hug))  Susan