About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1604010 views.
Kittyarnold

May-29

sorry you have a cold...I haven't had one in years...don't know why.....we are up to 44 and rainy...supposed to be yucky here for the next few days.....enjoy your time with Bronwen our little ones are so adorable....hope your weekend is better then anticipated

Cocoa60

May-30

Good morning Susan.  Sorry you're down with a cold, hope you felt better to
watch your Bronwen.  You and Kitty both in therapy, I probably should be for

the one arm / shoulder but putting it off. 

Brandy walked beside me yesterday instead of out front.  She always takes point like

most of the canine beings I've known.  I am going to miss her and, like always, it's very

painful saying goodbye.  Keep thinking about all the friends I've lost and the good times

Brandy and I have had.

One of my wife's aunts is sick, her husband thinks she got the virus at church so I might

put off going back to church for a while.  Our church just started going without preregistration

last week.  It's a large church with couple hundred people.  My wife's parents church usually

has 8 to 15 people.

Have been looking for gaps in the rain for Brandy and I to walk because she doesn't have long

and laying around the living room doesn't seem like living.  she only goes a few miles, then bring

her back and I go back out alone for a longer walk to burn off glucose.

Hope your day goes well and get well soon.

Ernie

Cocoa60

May-30

Good morning Kitty.  Chilly days.  I've watched some church sermons on youtube,

haven't done anything that's 2-way or interactive. 

My parents did well until the early 70s, then they started separating, and divorced around 78.

My mom continued to smoke and died in 87.  A tragic end to the story, she was only 61.  My dad

lived on in the farmhouse until 2010.  Two of his sisters moved there to die. 

Hope to put the boulder there with a plaque after we are finished rebuilding and building and

the fourth generation are young adults.  Shouldn't take long, first one is 17 now.  You remember

me always talking about my granddaughter,  She doesn't hang around me much anymore.

Have a good day Kitty.

Ernie

Granddaughter in front of my SS back in 2013, I think.

Susan1206

May-30

A beautiful Sunday morning here ~ a bit chilly (in the 60's by afternoon).   Not to worry....it's what happens when grandchildren grow up.  They become teenagers and are off and about with their own friends.  That's why I enjoy Bronwen at age 3-1/2.  Spend the time while she finds me fascinating.  LOL. Not to worry,  your granddaughter will always remember the memories she and you shared together.

A neighborhood get together with a food truck and a band.  Do not feel much like going....but will see how I feel at 4:00 p.m.   This may be what happens when we take off our masks....germs everywhere...   Susan

Susan1206

May-30

You are most fortunate with no colds.  My thinking is that I took off my masks (not everywhere) but enough to catch a cold and bug. Will run its course sooner or later.  We did babysit Bronwen last night from 4:30 to almost 10:00 p.m.  At 9:45, I called her parents and told them that Bronwen would not settle and it was time or me to go home!!!!   

Sunny Sunday here.  Enjoy the week-end.  Susan

Kittyarnold

May-30

sorry you didn't feel well with the babysitting.....this morning we went to a specific church service to watch our great grandson baptism....watched the whole service and no baptism.....checked with our daughter the gramma and she said it said May 30 which is when it was submitted for viewing....but it was from the 23 ....we are hoping it was recorded and we will be able to watch it on YouTube....rainy and cold and dreary.....Brian is busy finishing our shower install....(fixing the sheetrock part)  said daughter is having us for dinner....and I am glad....hope your day is better and that you feel better soon.....

Susan1206

May-30

Hopefully someone has it recorded or as you say, on YouTube video.

We watched our Mass on line. Many now back in the pews. Believe the mandate to be excused is now over.

Jim is now digging more beds around the rod iron fence.  It’s killing ME not to be able to plant.  Bought a delphinium and impatients at Lowe’s  

Carry on..... 

• Edited May 30, 2021 12:54 pm  by  Susan1206
Cocoa60

May-31

Good morning Susan.  Can't believe we have another rain shower here this morn.

Will take Brandy for a walk when it dries a little.  A holiday so traffic shouldn't be

to bad even late.

Most still have their masks on here so I put mine on, don't really care one way or

the other.  Early on I got one that's easy to breathe through.

Maybe make some plans for the day after the rain.  Ordered a dent puller for my

SS, that the tent frame collapsed on in the blizzard.  It has two little weld guns that

you spot weld studs or rings on then use little hammer pullers to pull the dent out.

Also ordered 3 chains for our chain saw.  The one I have left doesn't work well even

after I sharpen it.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

May-31

Good morning guys....it looks like the sun would like to peek out...but it is so cloudy don't know....Brian just finished spackling the new sheetrock in the bathroom....dry and paint....he isn't having fun....too tedious....something more fun for the rest of the day....don't know what but I will put my thinking cap on...am being treated for lyme disease for a few more days...ticks are not nice to have on our bodies...and Ct. is one of the big places....that is why it is named Lyme....we have a coastal city named LYME.....

Cocoa60

Jun-1

Good morning Kitty.  I'm not very good at sheetrock, just do little patchwork, sometimes

sorta large but not sheets.  Wish Brian luck.  Rain tomorrow and probably the rest of the

week so headed down to the farm today.  After exercise.  I work on the farm but it's not

consistent always.  Especially things like mowing lawn doesn't take a lot of physical effort. 

Brandy got her regular walk yesterday morning, then a walk lose through the woods last eve.

She's doing well on her two pain killers and anti-inflammatory.  She will get another intervenous

pain management when he Dr comes back from vacation next week. 

Have a good day.

Ernie