About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1612333 views.
Kittyarnold

Jun-20

Good morning Susan...hope your recovery is moving along...this weekend will be tough...it is David's birthday tomorrow and it has been 3 years since we lost him...it is a beautiful day today...Brian has already changed the sheets and has the laundry going...I don't know what I would do without him...so much I still can't do...have a wonderful day....miss you

Kittyarnold

Jun-20

Good morning Ernie...never made it on yesterday...don't know why...just lazy I guess....hope Brandy is holding up...and hope your day is wonderful....

Susan1206

Jun-20

I’m so sorry Miss Kitty. I found this on Facebook... so true in my case. Hugs and Love

Cocoa60

Jun-21

Good morning Kitty.  Sorry you lost so much. 

Very warm here this morn.  67 and 99% humidity.

Mowed lawn yesterday and a few small things.

Went up to the farm to help the folks after the parade, will be going

back already Wednesday because my brother fell in the chicken coop.

Bruised and broke a rib when he fell.  So now they can do even less.

We are getting another pain med for Brandy.  She hurts her leg sometimes

trying to do things and the pain lingers afterwards.  Not a lot of time left.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Jun-21

Perfect Susan....perfect words to start my day...and today he would have been 55...thank you....

Susan1206

Jun-21

Hi Ernie,

Very HOT and humid with rain and storms.  Supposed to cool down and less humid tomorrow.  Finn does not like the heat so he finds solace inside in the air.  Has a habit now of wanting to eat grass and/or flower leaves in the morning.  Have to scold him or stay on top of him as he then vomits then up!

Did I tell you he was down to 91.8 from 106?  Vet cannot believe the difference.   

Hope Brandy is well enough to enjoy life still!  

((hugs))  Susan

Cocoa60

Jun-22

Morning Susan.  Brandy has always eaten grass, only select blades she finds.

Brandy has good days and bad ones.  Sometimes she hits her leg against something

and it hurts for a while.  She walks about 1.5 miles in the morning usually.  Some days

I take her for a short walk in the woods above us so she doesn't have to be on lease.  Cocoa

almost always threw up grass right after she ate it but Brandy never did.

Daughter made it here with the kids last eve, nice to see them. 

Have a good day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Jun-22

Good morning Ernie and Susan....cloudy day with possible showers and only 63 degrees....Brian is out working the yard/garden....his favorite jobs....all is well except for the boredom....kids are all working and so are all the grands....not a good day for a walk....I will find something to do....imagination is a wonderful thing...I just sang a song called you are my Sunshine....remembered all the words don't even know how old it is....just looked it up and it was a song that Johnny cash release in 1939 so two yrs after I was born....wow....

Cocoa60

Jun-23

Good morning Kitty.  Chilly morn at 43.  I sing one verse of that song to dogs

sometimes.  These days I usually have one side of my radio tuned to FM music

and the other side to a ham radio repeater while we are walking.  Sing parts of

many songs to the dogs when I'm not carrying a radio.  Mostly to let them know

I'm not stressed out or to remove my stress if there is any.  They deserve a happy

walk.  Have been out jogging or walking for 21 years not including Army time,

but only about 14 with dogs.

Think I have my bike ready for a ride down to the farm today, Monte SS isn't really.

Got my new trac phone yesterday and programmed it, activation is in progress so

will probably carry both this morn and test it again before I head south.  Don't use

cells all that much so I get an annual plan for $50 or $60 with a new phone once a year.

Averages out to about $5 a month.  I usually need to buy another 1000 texts during

the year for $7.  Especially this past year when wife was up north for couple months

taking care of her mom. 

This day should have some sunshine for you and me.

Ernie