About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1600838 views.
Cocoa60

Jul-1

Good morning Kitty.  Rainy this morn but still 69 at 4 AM.

Today is a farmer day anyway, we have rain in the forecast for a long time.

Didn't get much done yesterday, getting prescriptions and meds for Brandy.

Caught 2 chipmunks and relocated them but still at least 2 more out here.

Making nests in an old drainage ditch built in 89.  If my bird feeder is low on

seeds they get inside and have a hard time getting out.

Have a great day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Jul-1

a typical morning here partly cloudy and much lower temp   73*  but the humidity is 90  soupy..,..just did my exercises for my back....getting stronger   which is good.....almost 14 yrs for me on here since I quit smoking...will keep you posted on that one....

Cocoa60

Jul-2

Good morning Kitty.  Yes, our 14th year Kitty.  So sad that we lost some

along the way like Barb and John.  2010.

I did 1.5 hours of exercise here, then worked on the farm.  They had a lot of

trouble this week on the farm with one of my brother's wife's sons.  He called

state police and told them that my sister in law was waving a gun around.  So

sister in law had to go to the hospital to be evaluated and the police confiscated

their guns.  They have to get them back next week.  Sister in law was paying her

son around $180 to come down and open the chicken coop door or another simple

job like that so bank told my brother to close the account and he did.   Can tell the

week took a tole on my brother, he's weaker.

I got a lot of work done there but lawn was to wet to mow.

Glad you are getting exercise and feeling better.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Jul-2

sounds like too much going on in your life ....and we can't fix it all.....that is something I have trouble dealing with.....we are cloudy and cool today....just got up to 70 at noon...(or almost noon)....hope your day gets better....

Susan1206

Jul-2

Hi Carolyn,

Nice to hear from you.  Happy Fourth of July week-end!   Always a fun week-end to celebrate my youngest daughter's birth.  And how is it possible that it was forty-one years ago?   So, our family will gather at a fun restaurant on Whiskey Island.  It's chilly here today but thankfully no humidity.

I had a total knee replacement April 15th and that went very well.  I've been walking on my own for at least two months.  Kicked the walker and cane to the curb quite early.  I still have discomfort (stiffness when I sit) but everyone assures me that is normal.  Six months to feel normal and NO pain which is wonderful.   Molly still teaching kindergarten.  Her daughter is going to Kent State U in the Fall, grandson will be a freshman.   Little Bronwen, at 3-1/2 has my heart.  She calls me...MY OMA.   We watch her play t-ball (runs like a girl) and grown leaps and bounds.  She will be an only child also.  I enjoy each and every moment with her.  Jim and I are doing well.  Soon to celebrate 2 years of marriage.  Plan on short trip to the Finger Lakes in New York.  All is good.

Finn had cruciate ligament surgery in March.  He has arthritis in his hips and right now, a huge hot spot.  I might as well be making mortgage payments to my Vet.  It is what it is.  I love him and he will be ten years in January.

So nice to hear from you.  At least we conquered smoking.   I know have asthma (smoking?)  quit sooo many years ago.  Use an inhaler twice a day and seems okay.  

Love, Susan and Finn   Bronwen with all of the girls (I saved them all) Fisher Price toys.  Anything look familiar????

Susan1206

Jul-2

Loved the picture of the Monte Carlo.  Think I told you we had one ordered.....in the early 70's and bought our first house.....decided to not do too much....so it was cancelled.  Wonder if late husband ever regretted that?

Happy Fourth of July week-end.  Are you close to any large city hospital.  Surely, there are Drs and Nurse Pract. that can help you with diet and medication.  I don't blame you about the medications.  For every one you take, there is a SIDE EFFECT that is not good!

Carry on, I say.  Happy 4th

Susan1206

Jul-2

Hi Miss Kitty,

Happy July 4th week-end.  41 years ago today.....I was about to give birth.  Always remember that time, right?   Megan was easy actually.  Dr. was on his way back at 6:55 p.m. to do a C section.  Luckily, she made up her mind and all happened very quickly.  No anesthesia.     Must have been crazy to say "no" but all was well.

I think my mind is somewhat foggy from the anesthetic I had for total knee surgery.  I've read a little about this phenomena.  Rumor has it that it takes months if not a year for it to dissipate.

Maybe it's my age.

Made brownies and strawberry shortcake for the gathering.

((hugs))   Susan

Kittyarnold

Jul-2

happy birthday to Megan.....my day is a quiet one....but then many are aren't they.....Ernie and I are almost at 14 yrs.....wow.....I would love some dessert LOL

Susan1206

Jul-2

Then, I shall have a small brownie (with Hershey's candy bar inside) and a piece of homemade strawberry shortcake just for you.   So trying to lose weight.....so it will be a small piece!

Cold here.  Just ironed a pair of slacks, have a sweater ready and probably a wool cape.  Brrr.  They want to sit outside and eat.  A band is coming there tonight.  BRRR

((hugs))  Susan

Kittyarnold

Jul-2

we just got up to 77  a late start....enjoy the dessert....