About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1670739 views.
Susan1206

Jul-2

Hi Miss Kitty,

Happy July 4th week-end.  41 years ago today.....I was about to give birth.  Always remember that time, right?   Megan was easy actually.  Dr. was on his way back at 6:55 p.m. to do a C section.  Luckily, she made up her mind and all happened very quickly.  No anesthesia.     Must have been crazy to say "no" but all was well.

I think my mind is somewhat foggy from the anesthetic I had for total knee surgery.  I've read a little about this phenomena.  Rumor has it that it takes months if not a year for it to dissipate.

Maybe it's my age.

Made brownies and strawberry shortcake for the gathering.

((hugs))   Susan

Kittyarnold

Jul-2

happy birthday to Megan.....my day is a quiet one....but then many are aren't they.....Ernie and I are almost at 14 yrs.....wow.....I would love some dessert LOL

Susan1206

Jul-2

Then, I shall have a small brownie (with Hershey's candy bar inside) and a piece of homemade strawberry shortcake just for you.   So trying to lose weight.....so it will be a small piece!

Cold here.  Just ironed a pair of slacks, have a sweater ready and probably a wool cape.  Brrr.  They want to sit outside and eat.  A band is coming there tonight.  BRRR

((hugs))  Susan

Kittyarnold

Jul-2

we just got up to 77  a late start....enjoy the dessert....

Cocoa60

Jul-3

Good morning Susan and Kitty.  Happy birthday to your daughter.  My granddaughter

will be 18 soon, she doesn't hang around old grandpa anymore.  She came over to swim

with her boyfriend a few days ago. 

I remember you selling your husband's Jeep because it had to be put in 4 wheel drive.

Wife and I rode in a Monte Carlo in our wedding procession.  I have a picture but you

can't tell it's a Monte. 

My Dr wants me to take more pills.  I'm not sure if I'm going to tell him I have discontinued

these diabetes meds.  My readings are lower than the other 3 diabetics I know.  Last visit

dr wanted me to double or triple statins, I can barely stand to take a little, they aren't a good

med.

Brandy rarely putting weight on her bad leg anymore.  Oncologist wants to do another infusion

on the 7th, I'm not sure if I want to go on with pain management or not.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Jul-3

a very hard decision about our pets..... and a very nice picture of a happy couple

Cocoa60

Jul-4

Good morning Kitty.  Couldn't sleep.  Glad your back is improving and you're feeling better.

I exercised yesterday and got a small piece of sheet metal cleaned and painted to cover a

small hole under the Subaru.  Took a plastic shield off to work on brake lines couple years

ago and one of the mounting bolts ripped a hole in the undercarriage instead of just backing

out.  I need to install the piece and paint it with undercoat paint.  Should get that done today

and get another coat on it.

I need a dry few days to get the lawn and a field around the farm house cut down in PA.  Need

to stop in the middle and take garbage to the land fill, hope Tuesday will be the 3rd dry day.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Jul-4

a bit cloudy and chilly....picnic later at sons house....hope it doesn't rain and take the time to spend with family...have a good one...

Cocoa60

Jul-5

Good morning Kitty.  Monday morning, glad I'm retired.  Cooler at 53

this morning.  Probably see if Brandy wants a short walk.  She got to see

the neighbor dog for a while yesterday. 

Got a piece of sheet metal mounted on the under carriage of the Subaru

yesterday, and painted.

Pool needs vacuumed, maybe get to that today.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Jul-5

was supposed to be stormy here but again it wasn't...partly sunny....went to a nursery and bought some cutting flowers annuals zinnias and marigolds and some other stuff maybe get planted tomorrow.....more deer frolicked around the mulberry tree....they like the fruit...two bucks yesterday...otherwise a pleasant day talk to you tomorrow....