About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1611703 views.
Susan1206

Jul-7

Dear Ernie,

So very very sorry for you and the family.   Worst thing EVER is to say good-bye.  I was always alone.......when the time came.  With Phoebe, the Vet came to the house and it was far better than taking her in.  My heart goes out to all of you.  She's had a very good life....lots and lots of walks and sniffs.  I truly believe in some way, we will see them again.

((hugs))

Susan

Awaiting the arrival of the cone.....let the licking and chewing STOP.

Susan1206

Jul-7

Dear Kitty,

Yes, I thought of you and your lovely Sanibel home....our walk to the beach....and saw the warnings.  Are you happier now that you are up North?    I think I would love the beach....but the heat of the summer would probably do me in.  It's been HOT and HUMID here ~ enough so that I feel like I can't even breathe right on those days.  Dr. gave me an inhaler...guess somewhere along the line I've acquired asthma....probably from smoking, I would guess.  My allergies have been at an all time high this year....   

Will go to the pool today for exercise.  It's nice when you are in the water.  Bronwen has a t-ball game tonight, but storms are predicted.

Keep the Faith.  Are your flowers planted?   Susan

Kittyarnold

Jul-7

good afternoon Ernie....sunny and 88 degrees....thank goodness for AC....some errands and grocery shopping again today....needed lots of basics...and I needed a lobster tail for my dinner...Brian wants the leftovers so it is all for me....yummy hope you accomplished all the things you planned.....and are enjoying a wonderful day

Kittyarnold

Jul-7

guess Sanibel is okay  just 4 " of rain....but no storm surge....went a bit farther to the west....glad for all of our friends....and no flowers aren't planted yet but will be tomorrow....to hot again today to be outside planting....we did live on Sanibel year round for 5 yrs....and here we are locked in for the winter....and there we were locked in for the summer....same thing different season...nice to have a pool to exercise in ....I would love one but probably just lay in the water...LOL

Kittyarnold

Jul-8

Thinking of you and your family and hoping Brandy is ok

Cocoa60

Jul-8

Had storms here Wednesday night into Thursday.  Power and internet out at 12:20 AM and

power is still out at 6 PM Thursday.  Extremely rare.  Got our internet and cable back at 5:30

PM.  Generator still running from 5 AM this morn.

Cocoa60

Jul-9

Good morning Kitty.  Went to fill my 5 gallon gas can twice after using what we had.

Should end up with a full one though after I drain gas out of generator to store it.

I get non ethanol premium for the small engines.  Can get it just 3 miles away.

So think it was about 9:20 when we got power back.

Have to take Mont Carlo SS back this morning to see why the vibration, hope just

not balanced correctly, easiest to fix.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Jul-9

we never lost power and it blew by for us....wasn't as bad as expected....we had downpours this morning but no lightening etc..we needed the rain.......the pond looks better and so does the grass...otherwise a quiet day.....and a short nap  and the sun is now shining...Brian is downstairs cleaning up the work area....many tools left here and he is sorting it....

Cocoa60

Jul-10

Good morning Kitty.

Glad storm didn't take your power.  We've gotten so much rain, water is to the top

of the skimmer in the pool at a time when water would usually be added to keep it 1/3

of the way up.  Rain forecasted every day.  Hope to get 3 days without rain so I can finish

mowing the field on the farm.  We didn't get any rain from the tropical storm, was just a

storm from the west.

I did get our lawn mowed yesterday but got soaked at the end in the rain.

Got the wheels balanced on the SS.  Their machine won't balance the whole assembly without

putting weights on the outside of the wheel.  It causes marks and might ruin the finish.  Told

him to go ahead, rather than take it to another place with a different type balancing machine.

It's a Summer car anyway, these tires will be on for many years.  Not safe but can't bring

myself to throw them away when hardly worn.

Have a good day and good luck to Brian's sorting.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Jul-10

Good morning....we have another cloudy rainy day....we did have a big downpour last night....don't know how many inches    Brian did finish the tool shed..lots of tools were broken and worthless....so now it is clean....with only working tools hanging....doesn't look like a very good day to take a walk maybe on the treadmill    hope you day is good....painful question....how did you handle Brandy  ?