About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1667328 views.
Kittyarnold

Aug-11

love the picture...our day is cloudy and not sure if it will break up or not....maybe I will be able to take a walk...it is 72 here and the humidity is 99 ....other then that nothing more.....hope your day is wonderful....

Debra (weithgito)

Aug-11

Hi Kitty!  I need a link to find this group-- I don't know how to find it- I deleted something in my email.  I just wanted to say hi. I have been having a terribly difficult year or two with fractured kneecap that I can walk with even though it is supposedly healed- I am in bed all the time.  Having some heart issues- it's just a mess and I am young (well, 70 in October! Yikes!) and I shouldn't be like this.  Gained 40 pounds or never took them off- no clothes, don't go out.

Thinking of October made me think of you all and you especially, Kitty and Susan, and I will celebrate my 6th year non- smoking at the end of October!  And all because (or partly because!) of you all. So thank you.  You know i hate posting, but I just thought I would - even though it is a bit depressing.   Hope you all are well.   Kitty , my heart goes out to you every time there is a post about Lee. xo 

Kittyarnold

Aug-11

all you have to do to find us is type in Sensational Seniors...we are here....so sorry to hear about you difficulties....something we don't need when we are past 65 and when we are smoke free....hope you feel better soon....hugs

Debra (weithgito)

Aug-11

Thank you, sweetie!   Please  PM me on FB sometime and let me know how you have been doing- it's too hard to read through all of this. I didn't mean to sound like a whiner, it's just been difficult. xo

Hi Susan,

Ray turned six yesterday. He too is already into video games. He starts school Tuesday but his mom is working from home and video games seems what he does.  Hope things are going well for you  

Carolyn

Cocoa60

Aug-12

Good morning Kitty.  We had mostly sunny day.  I had to come in from working outdoors

frequently.  Digging a another small drainage ditch, also had to relocate a large plant.  Need

to water it again when it gets light out.  Also got the rear wheel off my bike to get the tire

replaced.  Large bike, lot involved in removing the rear wheel. 

Supposed to be a meteor shower tonight, I should go outside before daylight and see if any

are visible. 

I will go down to the farm Saturday after the weather cools some.  Need to pack up a power supply

to help my brothers ham radio, he's having trouble with his. 

Have a good day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Aug-12

we are enjoying another sunny day...but is to be up in the low 90's here...too much for Ct...hope your day works for you....

Cocoa60

Aug-13

Good morning Kitty.  We got just a little rain.  I was able to use the backhoe to finish

the 25 foot drain ditch, got the landscape cover, drain pipe, and gravel.  Finished it

a little after dark.  The storms missed us two days in a row.  I got lucky being able to

finish.  Think it's been 9 days without rain and all my excavating projects are done.

My tire for my bike should be in, will call this morning and go get it mounted if it's

there.  It's about 45 minutes south.

Also got my 401k straightened out yesterday, we all got transferred to a new financial

company. 

Think a band pin came out of my watch while I was working and it slipped away.  Wasn't

wearing them anymore but put a battery in one of my dad's old ones and wore it a few

months.  He had more down at the farm.

Have a great day Kitty.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Aug-14

good morning all....we are having another hot partly sunny day...when they say that it always seems to be mostly cloudy....sun was out a few minutes ago...yesterday it got up to 93 here...and supposed to be high again too....and wear your masks....

Susan1206

Aug-14

Hi Dear Carolyn,

Nice to hear from you.  I can hardly believe that your grandson is six years already!   Yes, video games and boys.  My grandson just turned 15 and he is coming out of it....so you have many years of Fortnight to come!   

I hope you are well.  Finn had his second cruciate ligament tear (first one in April).  Awaiting blood results...he's anemic.  Hopefully, another surgery.  Just can't imagine our life without him......

Vacation to the FingerLakes (two days) and possibly a trip to North Carolina (depending on Finn).  Denver in October.  Not sure how COVID is going to play in all of this.  I have reservations about going back to the hospital with Spiritual Care.....

Nice to hear from you.  Miss all of the regulars......  Susan