About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1668729 views.
Susan1206

Aug-14

Hi Ernie,

Spent two nights at the Inn at Taughannook Falls in New York.  Beautiful country, beautiful Inn.  We actually walked the 1.8 miles in heat index of 99 degrees to see the Falls.  Could never have made it as a smoker.  Barely, as a non-smoker.  Thank heavens, a gal generously gave us a bottle of water at the Inn .......  Beautiful country.  Also went to Ithica, Cornell and Watkins Glenn.  Not a fan of Pennsylvania wine (sorry)

Finn had blood work for the anemia.  If the labs come back favorably, he will be headed again for surgery.

Know you miss Brandy.  So sorry and sad for your family.  Susan

Susan1206

Aug-14

So much rain last night when we came home.  Inches.  Power out for a day when we were gone.  Daughter broke in screen as garage door wouldn't open.... Oh my!

Home now and ready to go to the grocery store.  Much cooler and less humid.  I'll huff and puff and blow it your way.  Susan

Cocoa60

Aug-15

Good morning Kitty.  Cool morning here at 51, been a while.  We had a lot of clouds until noon.

Went down to the farm yesterday.  Got brother's radio working, put up a bird feeder, moved his

air compressor from old home up to the farm house, and installed a piece of siding on the porch

that had blown away many years ago and allowed the wooden slat to rot away.  I put in a new

wooden slat on a different visit.  Someone had disconnected the air compressor from the air line

and unbolted it from it's base.  They tipped it over and tried to pull it outside but it's very heavy.

With them trying to steal it, we didn't need the tools I took down.  Lucky we finally got around to

moving it yesterday, might not have been around today.  My brother and sister had been down

there trying to catch a cat and weren't sure the cat wasn't hiding in the shed so they didn't lock

it up.  Think it had been unlocked for a long time but they considered locking it.  I locked it yesterday

because still a few things there.

Managed to get down and back without getting a speeding ticket in my SS.  smile

Have a good day.

Ernie

Cocoa60

Aug-15

Good morning Susan.  While I went down to the farm yesterday my wife and one daughter

walked around a lake in Dewitt, just east of Syracuse.  We have walked through the glen

many times at Watkins Glenn.  We went through the wine tasting tour at the lakes once

many years ago, last century. 

What did they find wrong with Finn?  He is over 10 isn't he?

I miss Brandy every day, had planned on being with one of my closest friends for years to

come.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Cocoa and Brandy

Kittyarnold

Aug-17

Good morning all....no one has been here for a couple of days...hope everyone is staying well.....

Cocoa60

Aug-18

Good morning Kitty.  You stopped posting, thought you had gone away for couple days.

Getting ready for our tropical depression and flash flooding.  At least we got all our backhoe

work done because it will be a while before the tractor can go across the lawn without tearing

it up.  We have both our 1 horsepower pumps ready and we have that new drainage ditch, hope

last one I need to dig.  They don't know if we will get 2 inches or 6 inches of rain. 

We might go up to wife's parents home with our daughter's family on Friday after the storm is gone.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Aug-18

Good morning ERnie....I always come on....and certainly meant to post...but old and forgetful....wouldn't disappear without notifying all of our good friends...stick with it and have a wonderful day......

Cocoa60

Aug-19

Good morning Kitty.  Tropical depression has passed and we didn't get flooded.

Got motorcycle inspected yesterday.  Went up 60 or 70 feet in the tree and got the

antenna about 15 feet higher but doesn't seem to be working any better.  I use a safety

harness when up there working.  All for the best, my brother is like a little boy, always

getting upset people haven't done enough for them instead of being thankful for what's

been done for them.  My sister went home for 48 hours to attend her great granddaughter's

birthday party.  Hard for me to believe she's staying at the farm full time.  Must be taking a

toll on her.  My brother can take care of himself most of the time. 

Have a great day Kitty.

Ernie

Grand sons and Brandy on the farm.

• Edited August 19, 2021 3:54 am  by  Cocoa60
Kittyarnold

Aug-19

Brandy looks happy to be with your grandsons...who are handsome....we did get downpours overnight...no flooding that I know of.....but it was raining so hard the sound woke me up....we did need it....but the wind knocked our arbor over...filled with vines...on the ground...I suggested we leave it for now and see if the vines are alive...it is a blue morning glory and it has not blossomed....hope your day is a good one....

Cocoa60

Aug-20

Good morning Kitty.  We got a little over an inch of rain and a little wind.  Nothing

like previous storms.  I didn't have my antenna secured in the one direction so it

got turned a little.  Went up there again yesterday and think I have it held southwest.

My daughter and grands aren't going up to visit my wife's parents but guess we are

still going today.  We will return home tomorrow.

Hope you are able to fix your wind damage. 

They told me weight loss wouldn't affect thyroids but it did and I'm trying a lower dose.

So have to go in and get another blood test soon, only 7 weeks after the last one. 

Did get the new tire on the bike and got it inspected.  Have to leave my Monte Carlo SS up

north to have the blizzard damage repaired, 5 dents.  Then maybe couple other body problems

fixed.  So will need to ride my bike down to the farm for a while on nice days.

Have a good day.

Ernie