About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1643263 views.
Cocoa60

Aug-20

Good morning Kitty.  We got a little over an inch of rain and a little wind.  Nothing

like previous storms.  I didn't have my antenna secured in the one direction so it

got turned a little.  Went up there again yesterday and think I have it held southwest.

My daughter and grands aren't going up to visit my wife's parents but guess we are

still going today.  We will return home tomorrow.

Hope you are able to fix your wind damage. 

They told me weight loss wouldn't affect thyroids but it did and I'm trying a lower dose.

So have to go in and get another blood test soon, only 7 weeks after the last one. 

Did get the new tire on the bike and got it inspected.  Have to leave my Monte Carlo SS up

north to have the blizzard damage repaired, 5 dents.  Then maybe couple other body problems

fixed.  So will need to ride my bike down to the farm for a while on nice days.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Aug-20

good morning Ernie....glad you were able to get the bike tire changed....partly cloudy day here again....but warm.....Brian is going for annual blood work shortly....and I have no agenda as of yet....will think of something...

Kittyarnold

Aug-20

how is life treating you today?  I hope well....miss you

Susan1206

Aug-20

Hi Miss Kitty,

All sort of o.k. here ~  I don't know if you read that Finn has his second cruciate ligament tear (first one in March/April).  They can't do surgery until November unless on a cancellation.   Trouble getting up and limping badly.  Presently, a case of losing four lbs. in a week (yikes)  trying to switch from reduced diet dog food to the regular ~now diarrhea...... and meds.  We leave next Thursday and fly to Charlotte and then Raleigh to attend my friend (since seventh grade) 50th wedding anniversary.  Then, on to Lake Norman to spend a day with my good friend.  Home on Monday.  Finn will be boarded.  No other option.  So not much knew, other than being a caregiver to my dear friend, Finn.  He will be ten.  I cherish the time I have had ~ just want there to be more.   Tired of the heat.  May welcome Fall.

Love, Susan

Susan1206

Aug-20

Dear Ernie,

I would imagine a SS is a target for the State Patrol Cars........

Hot here.  Almost wishing it were Fall.  Finn lost four pounds in a week.  More blood tests and they are all normal.  Now, they are trying to put him back on his regular food.  I introduced it too quickly....and now you know what we end up with.

Boarding next week.  Wish I didn't even have to go.  Great place.  I get away with $61.00 per night.  And, one wonders why I have no money..... That's the way it is with the pets we love.... Just hope he is safe and well.   I chose a extra large area....away from the barking dogs.....  Only dogs on one side of the room..... Faces patio window.  He will be taken outside three times.  If I have to go away, it's the best place where he will get good care considering his condition.

Enjoy the week-end.  Know you miss your pups..... Just the thought of me losing Finn...well, I am in tears....

Susan

Susan1206

Aug-20

Really cute picture, Ernie....

Susan1206

Aug-20

Truth be told, I'm sick of the heat....... I do love Fall and its colors.   What is troubling is the season that comes AFTER Fall.

Are you ready to get your COVID Booster??    Jim is back doing Eucharistic duty at the Nursing Home.  He wears a mask and the people who attend do NOT.   I've chosen not to go......

((hugs))  Susan

Diana (DianaSaigo)

Aug-21

Hey Everyone!

Trying to understand the sensational seniors feed...is that due to age...or is that due to lenght of time smoke free?  Only been smoke free for 15 days...but...am 60!  so not sure if i fit in!

Thanks!

Kittyarnold

Aug-21

You fit here....good for you for quitting...I quit a 55 yr habit 14 yrs ago and am over 60 (by a lot) and probably wouldn't be alive now if I hadn't quit....so come and beg for help if you need it stick with it kiddo....

Diana (DianaSaigo)

Aug-22

Awe thanks!  Glad to be here!