About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1636776 views.
Cocoa60

Aug-25

Good morning Susan.  Glad Finn is doing better, looks tired in the picture.

Even hotter here today than yesterday, we got a lot done on the farm yesterday.

Enjoy the vacation.

Ernie

Cocoa60

Aug-25

Good morning Kitty.  They found my Diabetes when I was getting ready

for shoulder surgery.  I was surprised and it was the beginning of big changes

in my life.  I never knew my parents had it, never told me but everyone else knew.

Now all of us have it except my adopted brother.  One of my brothers has had it for 20

years and got tired of taking care of it.  Now he can barely walk at 69 years old.

Glad not the same for Brian.  Hope his surgery goes well.

Enjoy the day, We will miss Susan for the next week or so.

Ernie

Diana (DianaSaigo)

Aug-25

Good Morning Ernie!

So sad that the farm isnt what it used to be!  I do get it.. my father passed away this past November..and my sister and I inherited his house...(a side note...my parents raised my oldest child..as i was 17 when he was born) after my mom had passed in 2011...my dad moved my oldest son and his GF into the house...the idea was they would clean and cook for him...so he wouldnt be so lonely...that isnt what happened...son had 3 kids...all of which my dad paid for...and supported...neither one of them worked...and do you think the house got clean or my dad got fed (i came in one night to check on him...he was eating frosting..and yes he is a diabetic)  ...of the times my sister and i tried to intervene...my dad. was the one undermining us!  so yep!  I warned them...and the damage was severe...both my sister and i have had to pay out of pocket for my dad's debts...he apparently right before he got COVID took out a huge loan...and he borrowed against his life insurance...My son is still living in the house...and oh!!! it smells soooooo bad...the kids are living there as well...Son does have a job...and he is learning..how to be a grown up!  he is 42!  but we know we are going to have to formally evict him....it is what it is...a mess...LOL  

My hubby rides a Harley ultraglide...  that I bought him in 2015...he bought me a Ridley trike! last year... kinda nice being in rural area...as absolutely no traffic...and straight, flat country roads!  

I was stationed at Fort Indiantown Gap...in the early 90s and lived at New Cumberland Army Depot...near Harrisburg...how close were you to that...

Anyhoot...trying to get my day started...hubby volunteered us for the food pantry distribution today

Diana (DianaSaigo)

Aug-25

Enjoy your trip to NC!  Yes...it is way too hot here!  LOL  I have two chow chows...and they dont like the heat!  they will hang out in whatever the coolest room of the house is...and wont go outside...(they dont go potty inside...but they will hold it)  and when they do decide...they quick run outside...do their thing...and back in the house...LOL...now in winter...they will stay outside for hours!  

Diana (DianaSaigo)

Aug-25

Yes, i moved here in 2017...cause this is where my grandbabies are at!  All my kids grew up and moved to be near my parents! I am glad to see have them all within the vicinity!  

I havent gotten over to the cleveland area!  This is pic of our house...

Susan1206

Aug-25

Diana,

Your home is just beautiful.  I love Victorian ~   Keep on keepin on.....

Susan

Cocoa60

Aug-26

Good morning Diana.  Warm morning here as I'm sure it is there, we aren't that far apart.

I'm in north central NY, near Binghamton.  We were stationed in Fort Dix, most of my Army

time back in the 70s.  I did go to New Cumberland for a field trip once for a week I think.  All

I saw there was woods.  Don't think called a field trip, can't remember the words. 

My wife and I had our first daughter when my wife was 17 but we wanted our first baby then,

she makes mistakes but she is priceless.  I don't know what happened to my brother, he acts

like a little boy unless you accuse him of doing something irresponsible, then he all of a sudden

becomes stubborn and mad. 

The road past my dads farm used to have little traffic but they raised the speed limit from 40 to

50, now people use it to connect to other towns instead of going over to route 6. 

I did have 4 Harleys over the years but lost the one I bought new in a layoff in the 90s.  Dyna Wide Glide

, 93, first year they brought them back.  I have a couple 1982 Suzuki GS1100GK bikes now, one I got by

New York City and the other in Tracy, California.

I got lots done on the farm Tuesday.  Made a path in my brothers shed and got his tool chest and cabinet

moved up to the farm house along with lots of other stuff.  Someone tried to steal his air compressor while

back, they disconnected it, unhooked everything, pushed it over on it's side, then couldn't move it.  I used

backhoe to move it out load it and unload it. 

Have a good day.

Ernie

One of the GS1100GK at Yosemite National Park.

Kittyarnold

Aug-26

Another lovely and sunny day except it is supposed to get into the 90's.....what kind of agenda does that call for?  for me it means stay inside in the AC......hope your day goes well Ernie

Diana (DianaSaigo)

Aug-26

Morning Ernie!

yes...am so over the heat!  Very interesting that you are in the Binghamton vicinity. My great grandparents had a farm in the Conklin area...my dad was raised in Conklin/Endicott area...and for a time as a child,  we lived in Binghamton...I dont remember much about it..as was around 6 yo...(i keep suggesting the family reunions be up in that area versus Hotter than heck Tampa, Florida in August...LOL)

Sounds like you had a productive day Tuesday!  

How long were you in the Army for?  

Hope you have a great day today!

Kittyarnold

Aug-26

I have family history in Endicott and Binghamton...my paternal grandfather was a miner and died at the age of 40 so I never knew him... did often visit that area with my Dad when I was a kid...shoe factories as I recall...Pa was the coal mining history....