About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1635597 views.
Kittyarnold

Sep-10

Good morning Ernie....a clear sunny day here but chilly....Brian washing the windows which is lovely....some I wouldn't be able to reach without a ladder....glad he  is 6' tall.....hope your day is great....

Cocoa60

Sep-11

Good morning Kitty.  We're supposed to be able to tip our windows in but I've never tried.

Did notice they could stand to be cleaned. 

Went to the farm on my bike.  Got that 220 volt outlet installed finally.  So now we can run

the air compressor and welder.  Didn't get the lawn mowed because it rained some while

I was putting the outlet in.  We got a new faucet for the leaky one in the kitchen but the

fittings under the sink are corroded to the pipes so couldn't attempt to turn them that

late in the day.  Most likely will be some damage and more parts to buy.  Did get the

airiator replaced in the bathroom faucet so doesn't spray all over.

We have our grandboys today so that will be fun.  I had some electronic kits ordered for

them to solder together but they won't be shipped here in time, for next time.  We will

think of other things to do.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Sep-12

Good morning Ernie and Susan....hope all is well with you both....another cloudy day for us....and dinner at daughters....always something good to anticipate....I'm sitting here listening to Susan Boyle....saw her on Americas got talent...and watched everyone's jaw drop when she started to sing....a wonderful talent...don't watch the show anymore....one tree on our hillside is started to have a reddish glow to it...hope your day is wonderful...

Cocoa60

Sep-13

Good morning Kitty.  Glad you got to have dinner at daughters.  Saw my daughter yesterday

and the day before.  We have the grandboys for a couple days and then going up north to wife's

parents.  Daughter and boys going up for first time in about 5 years.  Picking up my Monte Carlo

SS and wife's brother will get started on wife's car.  We have 4 cameras with motion lights on each

one aimed at driveway so hope person will leave the vehicles alone.

So probably won't post on here for a day or two.  Usually wife's parents talk her into staying a second

night.  I have a terrible time trying to do much, like posting, on my phone, I know many millions use

there phone for everything.

Got the lawn mowed yesterday and took care of garbage.  My grandson built an electronic kit that

doesn't work so I will troubleshoot it after we get back.  I've built those 3 steel racks in the basement

and filled one up.  Did I tell you 2 of them slipped out of the back of my Subaru at a traffic light on

an uphill grade, when I started out.  I managed to get them back in, though very heavy.  Then pulled

off and finally strapped them in.  They are very awkward to try to strap in.  Was a very busy street.  smile

Have a good day Kitty.

Ernie

Susan1206

Sep-13

Hi Diana,

Hoping that you managed to be totally away from the ciggies after the memorial tribute with your family.  Your sister sounds "interesting".  I'm being polite.  Not sure how I would have handled the carrying on at the VFW post!!!!  

Well, I hope it was a lovely service and that it offered you closure.  It is very difficult when both of your parents are gone.  I am an only child ~ lost Mom when I was 26 and Daddy much later.   Still hard sometimes to realize that you are on your own.......

Doing the summer/fall wardrobe switch and I despise it.  I need to throw away at least 80 percent of all of the old clothes and just buy a few basic things.  My closet needs the cute Asian girl who is great at organizing.  Her name escapes me....but she says if it doesn't bring you "sparkle"....get rid of it.  LOL

Enough for now.  Bills to pay and closets to tend to... ((hugs))  Susan

Susan1206

Sep-13

Hi Miss Kitty ~

Hmmm.  An Autumn glow.....  Are you ready for it?  Actually, I love Fall and the cooler temperatures.  Right now it is HOT and HUMID.  I'm in the midst of my closet clothes transition.  It takes weeks.  Need to just throw it out!  Stick with a few basics and life would be simpler....

We are off to Kent State on Friday to see my granddaughter...her dorm room....dinner and a theatre group...Asleep at the Wheel.  Jim's favorite...

Enjoy the week ((hugs))  Susan

Susan1206

Sep-13

Hi Ernie,

I laughed at your comment...Wife doesn't want to get older!   yikes...that is so true of all of us.

I agree with your medication summary ~ I'm not such a big fan of it but it seems that the Cleveland Clinic continues to dole it out and deem it necessary.   I have an inhaler now....low respiration rate with the knee surgery.......take blood pressure and allergy medication.  Still, it seems like a lot!

Keep the Faith as we all do.  Finn having a lot of trouble switching to the new food.  He plain darn doesn't like it.....have an appt. for a canine vaccination this week ~ will ask the Vet.

Friend losing her Black Lab tomorrow.  Cancer in the spleen.  We are gathering tomorrow morning to watch the sunrise over Lake Erie.  Very sad as you well know.  ((hugs))  Susan

Susan1206

Sep-13

Always good to dream....that's what keeps us young.  Susan

Diana (DianaSaigo)

Sep-13

Howdy Ernie!

Hope all is well in your universe!