About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1667655 views.
Susan1206

Sep-13

Hi Diana,

Hoping that you managed to be totally away from the ciggies after the memorial tribute with your family.  Your sister sounds "interesting".  I'm being polite.  Not sure how I would have handled the carrying on at the VFW post!!!!  

Well, I hope it was a lovely service and that it offered you closure.  It is very difficult when both of your parents are gone.  I am an only child ~ lost Mom when I was 26 and Daddy much later.   Still hard sometimes to realize that you are on your own.......

Doing the summer/fall wardrobe switch and I despise it.  I need to throw away at least 80 percent of all of the old clothes and just buy a few basic things.  My closet needs the cute Asian girl who is great at organizing.  Her name escapes me....but she says if it doesn't bring you "sparkle"....get rid of it.  LOL

Enough for now.  Bills to pay and closets to tend to... ((hugs))  Susan

Susan1206

Sep-13

Hi Miss Kitty ~

Hmmm.  An Autumn glow.....  Are you ready for it?  Actually, I love Fall and the cooler temperatures.  Right now it is HOT and HUMID.  I'm in the midst of my closet clothes transition.  It takes weeks.  Need to just throw it out!  Stick with a few basics and life would be simpler....

We are off to Kent State on Friday to see my granddaughter...her dorm room....dinner and a theatre group...Asleep at the Wheel.  Jim's favorite...

Enjoy the week ((hugs))  Susan

Susan1206

Sep-13

Hi Ernie,

I laughed at your comment...Wife doesn't want to get older!   yikes...that is so true of all of us.

I agree with your medication summary ~ I'm not such a big fan of it but it seems that the Cleveland Clinic continues to dole it out and deem it necessary.   I have an inhaler now....low respiration rate with the knee surgery.......take blood pressure and allergy medication.  Still, it seems like a lot!

Keep the Faith as we all do.  Finn having a lot of trouble switching to the new food.  He plain darn doesn't like it.....have an appt. for a canine vaccination this week ~ will ask the Vet.

Friend losing her Black Lab tomorrow.  Cancer in the spleen.  We are gathering tomorrow morning to watch the sunrise over Lake Erie.  Very sad as you well know.  ((hugs))  Susan

Susan1206

Sep-13

Always good to dream....that's what keeps us young.  Susan

Diana (DianaSaigo)

Sep-13

Howdy Ernie!

Hope all is well in your universe!  

Kittyarnold

Sep-13

car looks pretty cool....our day is sunny and warm....grandson (30ish) is here visiting his Dad from LA....he came by for a visit....we sat outside because he has had only one of the virus shots....better to be safe then......nice visit hard to believe that my grands  all have jobs and are taking care of themselves....how to feel old fast...hope your day is a good one....

Kittyarnold

Sep-14

wonder where everyone is....hope all is well....

Cocoa60

Sep-15

Good morning Susan.  Wife doesn't like celebrating birthdays.  smileBut they come and go anyway.

I've eliminated all of my diabetes meds but I have to exercise and diet everyday, can't push it into

remission like many can that are willing to work at it.  Guess mine comes from my parents and

further back.  I take blood pressure med and a statin but extremely lower dose than the doc prescribes.

Just enough so my blood tests are in a safe range.

Brandy was only 8 1/2, I miss her every day.  I got a 16 x 20 picture of her having fun.  It's the picture

she would want to be remembered by.  We only got rabies vaccinations for the pups.  We first noticed

Brandy's tumor in April, she was gone July 12th, with the help of pain management infusions.  Sad Finn

is losing her friend. 

I have a small closet and all my clothes for the year are there and in a couple drawers.  The only pair of

jeans I have hanging up are bell bottoms a friend of ours gave us before she died back in the 80s.  They

have 32 inch waist.  I could wear them barely when I was at 143 lbs but now at 154, doubt I could wear

them.  I used to wear them about once a year when younger.  Same as a thin leather motorcyce jacket

my dad gave me before he was gone, usually wear for a ride once a year.  Jacket was in pretty bad shape

when he and my sister gave it to me but I used leather conditioner on it and seems ok.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Picture I had enlarged.

• Edited September 15, 2021 5:18 am  by  Cocoa60
Cocoa60

Sep-15

Good morning Kitty.  We went north of day and half.  Came back quick because storms moving in

today.  My one granddaughter has a job but still finishing high school and taking some college

courses. 

Car isn't completed yet so it's still not here.  We will be older soon enough, happens to all. 

My wife got a younger brother about a week after we started going steady at the end of 72,

so the last of our nieses and nephews from that family just moved out on their own. 

Almost all our relatives live in NY and PA.  One in Florida. 

Have a good day.

Ernie

Cocoa60

Sep-15

Good morning Diana.  Hope your days are going well.  We are doing well here.  Starting

to cool for Fall but a warm week coming. 

Ernie