About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1643138 views.
Susan1206

Sep-15

Hi Ernie ~

Well, well...that would make a very fun picture....bell bottoms and a leather jacket.  I shudder to think of the way I dressed in the 60's....short mini skirts and heels...Oh my!    

Do you feel you and your wife will ever have another pup?   I'm inclined to say "no" that I won't....but I've had a dog the majority of my married life.....and I remember that the house is so, so lonely without one.  I know it will never be another Golden like Phoebe or Finn because age and strength have caught up with me......  Love Finn to pieces and hope he lives at least until 12 or 13.  He has become lazy...sleeps a lot....almost 10 and that worries me.  Had him in for his second  canine influence shot today (mandatory if we board when we go to Colorado).....

Keep the Faith.  The picture of Sid (who passed on today) was quite special.  She always took him swimming in Lake Erie.  He walked out on the beach and took a look BACK at the Lake.  Almost to say, it's been a wonderful life.  I cried when I saw that picture ~

Susan

Susan1206

Sep-15

All is good ~

Trying to swap out winter clothes/summer clothes.  Always such a chore.  Did a little shopping today...There are NO clothes anywhere in any of the stores.  Makes me wonder what has happened?   Guess I have to turn to on line clothes shopping but that is such a pia.  Guess I don't need anything.   

We have a reunion of our class on Saturday.  Thought it might be nice to find a cute top.  Fall weather hasn't arrived.  It's HOT...

Susan

Cocoa60

Sep-16

Good morning Kitty.  Looks like a nice day today, rained most of yesterday.

I used most of the day to do basement cleaning, using those wire racks.  Also,

we found more stuff we want to let go of. 

My wife only got Lasic surgery on one eye so she could see far away and close up.

Now she has cataracts.  Not sure if it's both eyes.

Not sure what I'm doing today, basement still needs lots of work and could open

the windows today. 

Hope you and Brian's day goes well and his surgery went well.

Ernie

Cocoa60

Sep-16

Good morning Susan.  The jacket and bell bottoms were different decades.  Strange

to merge them together in one paragraph. 

Still miss my Brandy badly every day, wake up many times thinking of her.  Since retired

spent most of the time with her.  She put up with me stressed before retirement.  Whenever

we worked on anything in the house she took off for a bedroom.  She was very timid and humble.

Cocoa always wanted to be in the action.  I never really know what they're thinking even when I

think I know.  So sorry Finn lost his friend.  Brandy's friends lost Brandy early.  The Nefoundland

next door barks at me like I'm keeping her away.  We were for a while because there was a chace

of her leg breaking at the tumor point.  They did play together briefly on Brandy's last day.

Don't know if and when we will get another.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Sep-16

Good morning Ernie....and Susan wherever you are and Diane too.....very cloudy and gloomy again....I need Florida, I say again...maybe the sun shines in October?....hope all is well with everyone....

Cocoa60

Sep-17

Good morning Kitty.  Pretty days now.  Still spent most of the day in the basement yesterday.

Arranging things, cleaning, and tossing some stuff.  Using our old heritage 84 kirby vacuum.

Don't know what you're doing but hope you're enjoying these days, guess it's cloudy over there.

Just went out and cleared the spider webs from a security camera, completely blacked it out.

Every time you do something it comes with more maintenance. 

Still using the elliptical for two 1.5 hour sessions every day, along with weights and situps. 

Might walk some as it cools.  Never was able to push diabetes into remission, just control

it with diet and exercise.  Might try another push into remission some day. 

Have a good day.

Ernie

Our two little girls along with my mom and me back in 81.

Kittyarnold

Sep-17

cloudy and gloomy again today....long range forecast is supposed to be wetter then usual for this month and next....and the family is lovely...have a good one Ernie....

Cocoa60

Sep-18

Good morning Kitty.  We have light rain right now, supposed to be dry until Wednesday

after this. 

Sort of finished the basement yesterday, it will always need a little work but major stuff

sorted out and stored.  The furnace ended up in the center of the basement back in 99

when I installed it, the gas lines, and duct work.  I still need to put a second vent in the

living room, one isn't enough.  It won't be that much work, it will branch off the main trunk

and be mounted right beside it.  

We have a birthday party for youngest grandson today, granddaughter is coming today.  She

has high school, college courses, and one or two jobs.  Don't see her often anymore.  She helped

talk me into stopping the poison smoke back in 07, when she was 3 or 4 years old.  

Hope your day goes well.  I'm out of the basement for the day, finally.

Ernie

Youngest grandson in the center last Christmas. 

Kittyarnold

Sep-18

good morning Ernie  nice looking family but Christmas?  not ready yet..,.aren't you glad that a 3-4 yr old could convince you to stop smoking awesome....we are cloudy and foggy....can barely see the hill outside    would love some sun have a good day Ernie....

Diana (DianaSaigo)

Sep-18

Morning Ernie,

Yesterday it got to be 90 degrees...yuck...am truly enjoying the fall temps we have been having!  Aint much going on around here...we went to see a lawyer yesterday...about the folks that ripped us off...leaving us with a partially painted house..and he referred us to the police...so that is what we did...wanting them charged with fraud...when we talked to the police...found out these folks are some pretty shady characters...so am hoping the proscecutor will take the case!  As it will be our best chance of getting restitution...

Anyway...gonna go get my day started!

Diana