About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1639590 views.
Cocoa60

Sep-19

Good morning Kitty.  We are getting nice days here.  Cut my hand on a jack when I was

trying to pull a stake out of the ground, lucky had gloves on or could've been worse.

Didn't get it done but decided I will use the loader on the tractor next time I get it

up there.  The only stand up jack I have unfolds like a step ladder, it's out of a 50s

car.  Think the Christmas picture is the only recent picture of grandson on this PC.

Was great many things came together for us to stop poison smoke.  Granddaughter,

this forum, ideas we got from this forum.  I had tried other times like most, couldn't

make them stick. 

We had the grandson birthday party.  Always great to get together.  Wife spent way to

much time on the cake.  I only vacuumed.  Showed my daughter some stuff of hers and

other stuff we were going to throw out.  She wants the stuff so will take it over there later

this week. 

Brian's second surgery must have gone well.  Don't look forward to that and the fading

hearing, and everything else with more joint problems and all.  Wife has cataracts and losing

hearing in one ear already.  I have regulators and generators failing inside, diabetes, along with the

huge stent in Aorta because of smoking plaque mostly I was told.  They said our plaque would

clear up in 10 or 15 years from smoking but the vascular surgeon said the plaque never clears

up. 

Don't know what I will do today.  I have an antenna that always works better when it rains.  Finally

I figured out it probably needs a ground wire attached to it.  Maybe get that done for one thing.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Cocoa60

Sep-19

Good morning Diana.  Think only reached about 78 here yesterday, still used AC. 

Sorry you got cheated by the painters.  People have tried to get us but they weren't

paid fully yet so didn't get away with it.  Hope you get your money back, home owners

have enough problems.  We get brief calm times between appliances, vehicles, lawn mowers,

etc... going bad.  I'm having my Monte Carlo SS repaired right now by brother in law right now,

still expensive but hope to get a fair deal.  Had defects already, then the tent collapsed on it

when we got that 48 inches of snow last December and the frame dented it in 6 places. 

Another nice day here, no rain until Wednesday.

Have a good say.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Sep-19

Brians second surgery went well...all done but the healing...he is doing so well and hardly wears his glasses...agenda today? a typical Sunday laundry and other small stuff....not even a lot of cooking to do...lots of leftovers....Brian is out finishing the lawn mower....may have said it is big and is a 4+ hour job....glad it is sunny but not too hot.

Cocoa60

Sep-20

Good morning Kitty.  Another nice day here today.  Cool morn at 48, will

probably drop lower before daylight.  I'm surprised the pool is still at 74,

I should swim once more before it really cools down and I close it, most

likely later this week.  Think the cold front Wednesday might be the last of

our 70 degree days.

Guess if I did all the trim and mowed the lawn after it would take about 3-4

hours.  Most years I only do banks and ditches once in a while. 

Glad Brian's surgery went well.

I woke early, hope to get a nap before daylight.  Have to pick up meds today

from that blood test.  I will pick up the report also, they did a complete blood test

instead of just the thyroid.  I will change my January blood test out to March.  No

reason to do another complete test in 4 months.  I don't have to pay for these tests

but very expensive and I do have to fast and rearrange my life.

Have the 4 cameras aimed at our vehicles in the driveway so if anything happens I can

look through the memory to see what happened.

Enjoy the day.

Ernie

Hope your day goes well.

Kittyarnold

Sep-20

we have the same low temp and it is so sunny and clear....it should warm up a bit....hope your day is wonderful...our agenda for the day hasn't been decided as of yet...talk of visiting MIL  difficult....she is so hard of hearing and won't turn up the volume on her hearing aids...

Cocoa60

Sep-21

Good morning Kitty.  Little warmer this morn 55.  I was going to take a quick

swim yesterday but didn't get to it.  Water is still 74 but won't be after Wednesday,

daytime temps dropping into 60s and 40s at night.  Will be closing the pool.

Found some Ashville Hickory transfer strips to replace the worn ones between

the room floors.  Laminate flooring. 

Got my thyroid med stabilized and scheduled with other meds.  Still taking low

dose meds for blood pressure and chlorestral. 

My wife's parents have trouble with their hearing aids, don't look forward to

using them. 

Have a good day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Sep-21

I think if I had a pool I wouldn't be tempted..sunny and 54 here at the moment....hope everyone has a good day....

Cocoa60

Sep-22

Good morning Kitty.  63 this morn, light rain.  Probably going down to the farm today.

Taking Subaru because I need heavy tools to work on the tractor.  Also, have some clamps

that are heavy I need to bring back.  That's probably all I will do is work on the tractor.  I need

to get home with time to exercise.  Usually the work I do there isn't hard and continuous  like

my exercise needs to be, it shows in my glucose readings the next morning.  Think my sister is

driving a wedge between my brother and I anyway.

My daughter and I put plastic over her old pool shed roof yesterday, stapled it on and nailed some

slats on top.  We need to rebuild the roof and also the roof on her porch someday soon.

Got rid of a lot more trash from the basement yesterday.  I did use the push mower to mow the bank

behind the pool and was sweating lots.  Got in the pool briefly but only wading.  I will be closing it soon

before the Fall pine needles come down off the pines.  They are much easier to scoop off the cover than the

bottom of the pool, also they cause algae. 

Enjoy your day Kitty.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Sep-22

we were at 66 early and now up to 82.....mostly sunny  a quick grocery stop and that was it....everything else just quiet and peaceful

Cocoa60

Sep-23

Good morning Kitty.  Was rainy day at the farm but the tractor I'm working on is under

a shelter.  We got the engine pulley out, removed the remaining part of the broken bolts,

straightened the bent fan blades, installed the new fan belt, and put the pulley back on.

Was a good day..  Next we have to get the air compressor hooked up so we can use an

air wrench to tighten the huge bolt that holds the engine pulley on.  We put a bar on it

against the frame to break it loose, by hitting the the engine starter with the key.  Largest

socket I have is 1 5/8, huge socket, but it was 1 3/4 so we borrowed one from friend of my

brothers.  Didn't get home until after 9 so no exercise.  Glucose reading will be high after

this mornings exercise.  Working has to be real hard and consistent to come close to equaling

exercise. 

Our rain storm today 2 to 4 inches.  Probably wait until Friday or Saturday to close the pool.

Have a good day

Ernie

Allis Chalmers tractor I'm working on.