About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1670109 views.
Cocoa60

Sep-22

Good morning Kitty.  63 this morn, light rain.  Probably going down to the farm today.

Taking Subaru because I need heavy tools to work on the tractor.  Also, have some clamps

that are heavy I need to bring back.  That's probably all I will do is work on the tractor.  I need

to get home with time to exercise.  Usually the work I do there isn't hard and continuous  like

my exercise needs to be, it shows in my glucose readings the next morning.  Think my sister is

driving a wedge between my brother and I anyway.

My daughter and I put plastic over her old pool shed roof yesterday, stapled it on and nailed some

slats on top.  We need to rebuild the roof and also the roof on her porch someday soon.

Got rid of a lot more trash from the basement yesterday.  I did use the push mower to mow the bank

behind the pool and was sweating lots.  Got in the pool briefly but only wading.  I will be closing it soon

before the Fall pine needles come down off the pines.  They are much easier to scoop off the cover than the

bottom of the pool, also they cause algae. 

Enjoy your day Kitty.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Sep-22

we were at 66 early and now up to 82.....mostly sunny  a quick grocery stop and that was it....everything else just quiet and peaceful

Cocoa60

Sep-23

Good morning Kitty.  Was rainy day at the farm but the tractor I'm working on is under

a shelter.  We got the engine pulley out, removed the remaining part of the broken bolts,

straightened the bent fan blades, installed the new fan belt, and put the pulley back on.

Was a good day..  Next we have to get the air compressor hooked up so we can use an

air wrench to tighten the huge bolt that holds the engine pulley on.  We put a bar on it

against the frame to break it loose, by hitting the the engine starter with the key.  Largest

socket I have is 1 5/8, huge socket, but it was 1 3/4 so we borrowed one from friend of my

brothers.  Didn't get home until after 9 so no exercise.  Glucose reading will be high after

this mornings exercise.  Working has to be real hard and consistent to come close to equaling

exercise. 

Our rain storm today 2 to 4 inches.  Probably wait until Friday or Saturday to close the pool.

Have a good day

Ernie

Allis Chalmers tractor I'm working on.

Kittyarnold

Sep-23

Good morning everyone....hope all is well with you....cloudy here and 70 degrees which surprised me...we don't seem to be in the mainstream but I am so happy to still be smoke free and that is why I stick around....I never believed I would quit and here we are...stick with it folks it is so wonderful to still be alive....

Diana (DianaSaigo)

Sep-23

Mornin Ernie,

Well shoot...it is almost 11 am here in NW Ohio and the temp is 49 degrees...Kinda funny how Fall showed up right on schedule!  

Today is my 7 week mark of no smoking!  doing pretty good with it....now just need to start exercising or something!

Kittyarnold

Sep-23

your doing great be proud and keep at it....

Cocoa60

Sep-24

Good morning Kitty.  Cool morn her at 46.  Was rainy here but saw a little sun right at sunset,

get some sun today.

Washed and folded about 12 pairs of jeans my dad had, about half his jeans fit me, other half

to large of waist size.  At first wasn't sure about wearing his jeans but eventually liked wearing

them.  These latest ones I found most were buttoned so probably never worn. 

Got new transfer strips in for the floors so installed them, were especially worn where this pc is

from having the chair wheels run over them. 

Might start closing the pool today, got a lot of extra water to drain out yesterday.

Good thing I stopped smoking.  Would have gotten Diabetes anyway, would be in terrible health.

My brother got tired of taking care of his Diabetes and can barely walk, he's the one in the picture

with the tractor.  Stopped taking care of himself and disease.  

It sounds like you've lived a great life Kitty and still making the best of it. 

Enjoy the day.

Ernie

Cocoa60

Sep-24

Good morning Diana.  46 here at 5 am.  Probably get cooler before daylight, usually does.

I started jogging years before I stopped smoking but bothered me lots that was still in the

addiction.  Finally stopped for good in 2007 with the help of my 3 year old granddaughter

nagging at me smile, this forum, images in my head of my mom trying to breathe and dying at

age 61.  Then 12 years after I started exercising, found I had gotten Diabetes so now I need

to exercise.  I can't jog anymore because of arthritis in my feet, can walk 7 to 10 miles with

the help of pain killer lotion put on my feet.  Right now I'm using elliptical 1.5 hours in the morning

and 1.5 hours at night set at 10 so it's up hill all the time.  I get off and do weights and sit ups every

15 minutes.  But I worked my way up to this, could have never started out with aggressive exercise,

and need it for Diabetes.  I keep my Glucose down around 100 or below without any meds, very

difficult to do. Exercise releases endorphins in your body and makes you feel better about yourself

and life in general. 

Enjoy the day, congrats on 7 weeks, doing great.

Ernie

Diana (DianaSaigo)

Sep-24

Thanks Kitty!!!    

Happy Friday!

Diana (DianaSaigo)

Sep-24

Afternoon Ernie!

I still am keeping weird hours...as I only sleep a couple hours at a time.  Today it is beautiful out!  Sun is shining and it is 69 degrees!  

I know the last time i had lab work...they were concerned over some of the test results...stating i was prediabetic...which i thought was weird...because I dont eat sweets...or drink soda...

Sounds like you work out alot!  i used back in my Army days...I think the hardest part is getting started!  So think that will be my new goal....make a plan...and get off my butt!  Thanks for the inspiration!