About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1644510 views.
Diana (DianaSaigo)

Sep-24

Thanks Kitty!!!    

Happy Friday!

Diana (DianaSaigo)

Sep-24

Afternoon Ernie!

I still am keeping weird hours...as I only sleep a couple hours at a time.  Today it is beautiful out!  Sun is shining and it is 69 degrees!  

I know the last time i had lab work...they were concerned over some of the test results...stating i was prediabetic...which i thought was weird...because I dont eat sweets...or drink soda...

Sounds like you work out alot!  i used back in my Army days...I think the hardest part is getting started!  So think that will be my new goal....make a plan...and get off my butt!  Thanks for the inspiration!

Cocoa60

Sep-25

Good morning Diana.  45 here this morn.  Shifted my night an hour earlier. 

Going to a ham radio flea market / get together about an hour west of here.

Most of them have been canceled last couple years.  There was one earlier

this year but we had a college graduation party to go to that day.  Don't plan

to buy anything but might see something I like.  My brother always goes but

says he is to weak and to much pain now from his Diabetes.  Diabetes is like

cancer, you can't let it go for a while and think you will treat it later.  Every

time Glucose goes to high, it destroys cells needed to keep it lower.

My body knew it needed to exercise and put fruit in my diet before I knew I

had Diabetes.  I was doing some and more when I had dogs that wanted to get

out and get moving.  Now I try to control my Glucose completely with diet and

exercise.  Thought I could push it into remission but it's looking like I won't be

able to.  Parents and siblings all have it or had it before they died. 

I first got introduced to jogging in the ARMY.  We went out every other morning

at my permanent duty station, as a company.  These days I had to work my way

up.  Couldn't start out doing 3 hours a day on the elliptical and other.  Still have

to use AC or sometimes just a fan. 

Have a great day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Sep-25

Hello everyone...hope your day/s have been great our are productive but quiet...and the sun doth shine....our spirits need that...

Cocoa60

Sep-26

Good morning Kitty.  Rained some during the night, looks like another beautiful day.

Went to the ham radio flea market.  Got a stereo and speakers for the basement, a

rotator for one of the small beam antennas I have, and a digital camera. 

Worked more on closing the pool but still not finished.  Trying to keep the cove straight

and pressed down on the side where a frog comes from, don't want him getting under

the cover into the shocked water.  He has to find another place to live and hibernate. 

Will probably finish closing the pool today, sad thing to do for me but will move on to

something else after that. 

Enjoy the day Kitty.

Ernie

Diana (DianaSaigo)

Sep-26

Good Morning!

Got up early this morning!  LOL That is cause I thought I was going to be watching my oldest son's kids all day...was looking forward to grandma time!  But got message he and one of the kids were feeling sick...soooo...guess i have a few moments....Been trying to change my normal routine...of vegging out in front of my puter...havent even been on Facebook in a couple days...(that is a miracle for me. LOL)  

Friday, I helped the hubby clean up part of the yard....did some major weeding! Once I started...I was like obsessed!  Did that for a few hours...realized it was about late afternoon...and I hadnt eaten...so...had to do that as I get shaky...  yesterday, hubby and I rode his Harley to a PowWow. it was actually very nicely done...with real teepees...and displays of how the woodland indians actually did things..like cooking, and using gourds for a variety of things...and pelts...

Will have to say...by the end of yesterday....this girl was hurting...my muscles were hurting...even in my hands...so took some advil...and called it a night!    Think i will go for a walk this morning....since my whole schedule for today just opened up!   Hope you have a fabulous day!  

Kittyarnold

Sep-26

another beautiful day here....still isn't much color on our hillside....we are going for a ride to a favorite place of ours....Skiff Mountain....lovely views and we haven't been there for awhile....farther north so maybe some color....Brian is out in the garden taking down some pole beans and getting rid of old plants...etc....the "fall" activities....and I just finished my breakfast....hope your day is great....

Cocoa60

Sep-27

Good morning Diana.  We sometimes get our plans cancelled by our kids and grandkids.

I just closed our pool for the Fall but spread it across days since retired and getting used

to it.  Used the water I had to drain off to flush the basement drains out.  One corner

towards the back bank made certain the cover was flat and tight, then put potted plants,

concrete blocks, and laid the steps and a chair across it.  A frog has been living there and

trying to make sure he can't get under the cover into the pool where he would die, It's down

couple feet so he would never be able to get out and the water is shocked with chlorine for

couple days.  When I was working didn't really have the time to think and reflect while closing

but now it seems like sad time when another Summer is slipping away. 

Got a Cannon camera at the hamfest Saturday so have been learning how to use it.  Last couple

decades my digital cameras have been simple ones or just using a phone camera.

Glad you got out and did some things.  Living is much better than dying with the addiction.

Hope your free day was nice and have a good day today.

Ernie

Cocoa60

Sep-27

Good morning Kitty.  We will be going to my wife's parents up north for their 65th wedding

anniversary so will be absent from this forum on Sunday morning and possibly Monday this

coming weekend.  Also, supposed to be getting my Monte Carlo SS back but haven't heard it's

finished yet though. 

I look forward to the Fall colors but Brandy dying put a damper on this year. 

Hope your ride was fun.  Saw the camera previous owners vacation in Yellowstone before I erased

the pictures.  We were there in 96, think it was. 

Good Brian is busy with Fall chores, same with everyone in the north.  Our morning glories around

the pool will be dying and will throw the dying vines over the fence. 

Have a nice day Kitty.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Sep-27

our morning glories are still gorgeous....hope you have a nice trip north waiting for some fall colors but they seem to be a bit late...maybe all the rain..sunshine and 77 degrees nice....but maybe holding things up....hope you day was wonderful. ours is great so far,........