About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1666481 views.
Kittyarnold

Oct-9

today a new battery was installed so now we can rest easy for the winter...it was a lovely day here mostly sunny until...,and then cloudy....

otherwise ordinary and peaceful....I like that....hope everyone's tomorrow is glorious  sleep tight

Cocoa60

Oct-10

Good morning Kitty.  Pretty nice days, though some with no sunshine.  The solar lights up

around our pups graves still come on past the time I go to bed. 

I assume you got a new battery for your vehicle.  I don't hesitate anymore if the battery is

over 5 years old and cranks slowly or anything. 

I did finally get our lawn mowed.  I worked on an audio amplifier after that I've been working on for

a couple years.  A modification kit that almost replaces everything in it except the transformers

and wiring, and most of the circuit boards.  I have a Techniques receiver upstairs with our large

speaker system that suits us older people, that replaces my big Kenwood 440 watt amplifier

while I work on it, and got a Yamaha receiver in the basement, I just got at that hamfest I went

to about a month ago.  Both receivers drive 4 speaker systems so sound good.  I have a

Bradford receiver down in the basement that we bought at Grants Department  stores back in

1976 but it barely works now.  I will probably go through it and replace all of the electrolytic capacitors.

They go with age, kinda like our ears, eyes, and sense of smell. 

No plans for today, maybe work on the amp again.  Most important Winter prep job is done, putting a

second duct and register in the living room.  That room was staying cooler than the other rooms and

it's the most likely room people will be sitting in.   I need to put a clear coat of paint on the John Deere

tractor and some other items while I'm spraying if I get to it before Winter.  I already have the materials.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Oct-10

morning Ernie....cloudy and chilly today.....Brian did go in and buy a new battery and it was installed. Hope your day is lovely..

Cocoa60

Oct-11

Good morning Kitty.  Warm weather all week until Saturday, then the rainy cold front moves in.

Glad you got your new battery.  I remember once I was working night shift, a person on the cleaning

crew was trying to figure out how he could get a battery for his car so he could use it again.  But I

remember years before that we needed a battery and got a broken one from my brother to try,

didn't work.  We must have eventually got a new one.  Also, remember once our battery went in

the Montgomery Wards parking lot and I walked over to their automotive service center and bought

one and put it in our car.

I should be able to talk to the Allis Chalmers dealer to see why the new drive assembly comes up short.

Can't go over to the Harley Davidson dealer today, closed on Monday.  The inspection sticker I got on

my bike in August flew off my bike somewhere. 

Have a good day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Oct-12

Good morning  Ernie and others I hope, Susan where are you.? ...the sun is shining on our hillside...not too bright but enough to show the beautiful colors......hope all is well at your house....

Cocoa60

Oct-13

Good morning Kitty.  Leaves are turning colors here also.  Cold front and rain move in Saturday.

Control arm broke away from the rear cross member on my Subaru.  Broke near my daughters

so I'm trying to remove the old one over there.  I cleaned the under carriage and coated it with

POR15, type of paint used to preserve classic cars, last year and it was rust proofed new.  Also

had the rust proofing touched up every year for 10 years.  But the rear frame piece rusted on top

where the control arm connects to it.  I have one side almost off, will keep me busy for a while.

I got the inspection sticker replaced on my bike early in the day.  Inspector is much younger than

my bike at 1982.

3 more days of nice weather, enjoy it.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Oct-13

this morning we are so fogged in that we see the colors off and on.....not supposed to be clear for the rest of the week...Brian has a dental appt and I am doing a few things around the house....flu shots today.....they recommend at least 3 wks past the virus shot and it is that....hope your day is lovely

Cocoa60

Oct-14

Good morning Kitty.  Fog water droplets were racing around in front of our security cameras

when I got up but gone already.  Woke up early last 3 days but later this morning.  Good thing,

I still have a lot to do to get that damaged sub frame out of the Subaru.  Found a place to order

a good used one, can't get a new one anymore.  Got a lot done yesterday, I'm lucky to have nice

weather to work in, hope at least the 50s to put it back together.  We didn't have rain forecast

until Saturday but looks rainy for Friday now.  I will probably look for all new bushings to

reassemble, maybe use the old ones if I have to.   One large bolt came part way out, then seized

up.  Trying to figure out how to get that one out, the head is already damaged from trying to get

it out.  I will be happy if I can put new life back into the Baja. 

We have a memorial to go to Saturday.  My wife's high school friend's husband gone last Friday

with cancer.  So our generation again.  Wife only high school friend she has stayed in contact with.

I had to search for her once when they lost contact for a few years.  Memorial is at her friend's home.

It's up near wife's parents home so we will probably spend the weekend there. 

I guess your back got better, you never talk about it anymore.  Glad you had some success.

Have a good day.

Ernie

2000-2004 Subaru Legacy REAR cross member sub-frame K sub frame crossmember OEMSubframe of Subaru

Kittyarnold

Oct-14

Hi all  interesting day so far....we have a pair of coyotes lying in the sun in our backyard....now there is one...they have wandered around etc....down near the pond but very visible on the mowed lawn...wonder how come...never happened before...they must feel safe....

Cocoa60

Oct-15

Good morning Kitty.  We've had them pass through here but never stop.  Maybe some

kind of trauma, their puppy got killed or something like that.  They worried me sometimes

having dogs with me that I'm responsible for.  I would have to fight along side of my dog if

they attacked.  We had them all over the place when they were building the Millennium Pipeline

and for a couple years after.  Our run ins with them almost always occurred before

daylight,  I have seen some coyotes out in the fields during daylight.

I found more damage to my Subaru Baja so I will call a mechanic I know this morning and ask his

advise on moving forward.  A pain, the car is in such great shape.  But did get it new when we stopped

smoking almost 15 years ago. 

Went and looked at Toyota trucks but they're getting new price for late models because of the shortage

right now and haven't got any new ones.  So not going to buy from a lot if I buy.  I might put a car back

on the road my daughter parked years ago.  I remember the transmission has a clunk in it and the heater

doesn't work.  So would have some work to do anyway.

Hope your day goes well.

Ernie