About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1666450 views.
Kittyarnold

Oct-13

this morning we are so fogged in that we see the colors off and on.....not supposed to be clear for the rest of the week...Brian has a dental appt and I am doing a few things around the house....flu shots today.....they recommend at least 3 wks past the virus shot and it is that....hope your day is lovely

Cocoa60

Oct-14

Good morning Kitty.  Fog water droplets were racing around in front of our security cameras

when I got up but gone already.  Woke up early last 3 days but later this morning.  Good thing,

I still have a lot to do to get that damaged sub frame out of the Subaru.  Found a place to order

a good used one, can't get a new one anymore.  Got a lot done yesterday, I'm lucky to have nice

weather to work in, hope at least the 50s to put it back together.  We didn't have rain forecast

until Saturday but looks rainy for Friday now.  I will probably look for all new bushings to

reassemble, maybe use the old ones if I have to.   One large bolt came part way out, then seized

up.  Trying to figure out how to get that one out, the head is already damaged from trying to get

it out.  I will be happy if I can put new life back into the Baja. 

We have a memorial to go to Saturday.  My wife's high school friend's husband gone last Friday

with cancer.  So our generation again.  Wife only high school friend she has stayed in contact with.

I had to search for her once when they lost contact for a few years.  Memorial is at her friend's home.

It's up near wife's parents home so we will probably spend the weekend there. 

I guess your back got better, you never talk about it anymore.  Glad you had some success.

Have a good day.

Ernie

2000-2004 Subaru Legacy REAR cross member sub-frame K sub frame crossmember OEMSubframe of Subaru

Kittyarnold

Oct-14

Hi all  interesting day so far....we have a pair of coyotes lying in the sun in our backyard....now there is one...they have wandered around etc....down near the pond but very visible on the mowed lawn...wonder how come...never happened before...they must feel safe....

Cocoa60

Oct-15

Good morning Kitty.  We've had them pass through here but never stop.  Maybe some

kind of trauma, their puppy got killed or something like that.  They worried me sometimes

having dogs with me that I'm responsible for.  I would have to fight along side of my dog if

they attacked.  We had them all over the place when they were building the Millennium Pipeline

and for a couple years after.  Our run ins with them almost always occurred before

daylight,  I have seen some coyotes out in the fields during daylight.

I found more damage to my Subaru Baja so I will call a mechanic I know this morning and ask his

advise on moving forward.  A pain, the car is in such great shape.  But did get it new when we stopped

smoking almost 15 years ago. 

Went and looked at Toyota trucks but they're getting new price for late models because of the shortage

right now and haven't got any new ones.  So not going to buy from a lot if I buy.  I might put a car back

on the road my daughter parked years ago.  I remember the transmission has a clunk in it and the heater

doesn't work.  So would have some work to do anyway.

Hope your day goes well.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Oct-15

we are going out today to look at a new car....

Kittyarnold

Oct-17

we looked but didn't buy....and today the kids brought supper over to celebrate Brian's birthday  

Susan1206

Oct-18

Hi Ernie, Kitty and Diana,

I am wondering if I write a "joint" posting can all see to read?

Fall is here....cooler evenings and days.  Trees still have not really reached their peak.  Maybe by the end of the month.  We are driving to Bexley OH at the end of the week to visit Jim's daughter and family.  Perhaps more color as we drive down I-71.

Everything good here in Avon Lake after COVID.  Finn's surgery is exactly one month from today.  We have a goal of finishing off our dining room with the plank flooring by Thanksgiving.  I bought some knee pads that may help kneeling on the TKR knee.  Still amazed at being pain free and highly recommend the surgery.

Keep the Faith.  Sad about Collin Powell passing ~ an honorable man.   Susan

Kittyarnold

Oct-18

Glad to see you Susan.....we already have lots of bare trees but still pretty.....no frost as of yet....late....we do not mind the warmth still here.....yes we can all see the post to all of us....no problem there....and yes so sad about Colin Powell....

Cocoa60

Oct-19

Hi Susan.  Think we're past the peak colors here.  Glad you're all feeling better.

Trying to rescue my Subaru Baja from the rust grip of the northeast.  Was replacing

the rear sub frame and find more problems.  My wife's brother tells me they have

replaced body frame rails many times.  So I may attempt to weld one in myself or

drive it up there after I replace the sub frame.

We just returned from visiting wife's high school friend for her husband's memorial.

My knees don't need replaced yet.  Had some pain in one climbing flights of stairs

but Glucosamine takes care of it.  Glad your surgery worked out well. 

Have a good day.

Ernie

Cocoa60

Oct-19

Good morning Kitty.  Happy birthday to Brian.  No frost here either but 40 degrees

here right now.  We went out and looked at some pickups, just like they said on the

news about prices being way up.  No new ones on the lot and the late model used ones

are priced at new cost.  I'm looking at repairing my Subaru again after talking with wire's

brother.  Think we can weld in a new frame rail after I replace the sub frame.  Was looking at

Toyota Tacoma trucks but will wait a few years.  Really like my Baja.  Got it back when we

stopped smoking and I got Cocoa. 

Have a good day.

Ernie

Amazon.com: 2006 Subaru Baja Reviews, Images, and Specs ...