About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1669114 views.
Kittyarnold

Oct-23

Brandy was a beautiful dog and I am sure the best of the best....our day here is partly sunny and mostly cloudy.....the color on our hillside is fading but this morning...many clouds but then the sun shone and for some reason there was a a rainbow coming straight down on the hill top...never saw anything like that before....our oldest son (the new Gramps) is letting us come and visit and meet our new great granddaughter  4 hours of an open house...so we aren't all there at the same time....can't wait to hold her.......

Cocoa60

Oct-24

Good morning Kitty.  I'm sore from working on the car yesterday.  Glad you got to visit

everyone, especially great granddaughter.  We don't have any yet.  It's surprising enough

to have an 18 year old granddaughter. 

We get some sunshine but not that much most of these days.  It rained a lot of yesterday.

Not supposed to get to much rain today, maybe some towards end of day.  Thinking of

helping on the farm today, not sure yet.  I will look at the forecast soon and think about it.

Supposed to be rainy until Thursday after today.  41 right now.  Chilly on a bike but I do have

a fairing in front of me and all leather clothing with a full face helmet if I think it's to cool for

a regular helmet.  Also got heated gloves to walk with last year because my hands get cold first.

Still don't have the sub frame out of the car but close. 

I can picture your hillside, very beautiful. 

Have a great day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Oct-24

Got to spend some time with new Great Granddaughter....so beautiful (of course) and her nickname will be the same as my Mom's  which they didn't know....names Evelyn...and My mom was Eva....so nickname will be Evie.....

Cocoa60

Oct-25

Good morning Kitty.  Warmer this morn at 48, lot of rain went through last eve and night.

Must be in your area at 5 am.  I did ride bike down to the farm yesterday, left there at 4:30

pm, just when started sprinkling.  Rode out of the rain and dry all the way home.

I got the new kitchen faucet installed.  Got the wall mounted heater working in the trailer. 

Looked at the large furnace in the trailer basement but didn't get it running yet.  Sort of

miss just visiting my old home town and cruising around but will again some day.

Glad you got to see family and your new great granddaughter and the names.  I see on

the forecast weather might not be to bad, no rain until after dark and maybe some sun

during the day.

Have a great day.

Ernie

Dad's barn 2020

Diana (DianaSaigo)

Oct-25

Hey Susan,

Yes, I have been MIA for a few weeks...not for any good reason...I wrote in the August 2021 post what has been going on...am glad to see you have recovered from COVID!  

Besides what I posted in the other place...not much going on here...not liking this cooler weather and rain...LOL  

I did buy myself some cute little outfits..got some bells that had appliqued butterflies...and pearls...they are adorable...and a pair of embroidered jeans...loving them...takes me back to the 70s...Sometimes hard to find jeans that dont have rips in them...and i really dislike those cause the jeans last less than a year...cause the holes get too big!  LOL

Hope you have a fantabulous Monday!

Diana

Kittyarnold

Oct-25

Good morning Ernie....we had lots of rain up till morning....and now we are totally fogged in...can't even see our hill out the window....closer to the ground there is still some visibility...but not much.....glad you made it home still dry....a basement in a trailer?  

Cocoa60

Oct-26

Good morning Diana.  Good to see you back.  I don't have much clothing from back then

We have a pair of bell bottoms my wife's aunt gave to us before she died back before 85.

I wore them once a year as long as I could wear a 32 waist.  I have been able to get them on

since I lost weight for Diabetes but not well enough to wear them anywhere.  Still remember

Shannon from back in the days.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Cocoa60

Oct-26

Good morning Kitty.  We had a beautiful day yesterday.  I got the sub frame loose from

the Subaru but was to weak to finish getting it out from under the car.  Don't know if I

will get out there today, supposed to get a deluge of rain today, all day. 

My wife got a tooth pulled yesterday so she's in lots of pain, was glad to see she got to

sleep.  Was a pain before it was pulled also.

We did have a basement under our trailer.  Think we had to have it appraised after the

tornado, insurance company wanted to pay us a few hundred dollars for the basement.

Was thousands in reality.  I know of many trailers with basements, the two on my dad's

farm.  We had huge steel crossbeams built into the top of our basement but tornado still

flipped us over.  I don't have pictures on this pc.

Brian will have to find some inside work to keep busy if you get all this rain today, same as

me.  I have an stereo amplifier I've been working on modifying for a couple years I can work on.

Hope you both have a great day.

Ernie

Can A Mobile Home Have A Basement_ And Why You Might Want One - Featured Image

Kittyarnold

Oct-26

Good morning Ernie and all.....we are having pouring rain for the day...last night a loud thunder storm....so just inside stuff today....Brian is sorting some pictures from is great grandmother.....way before polaroids  so not too exciting for me but great that he is sorting stuff.....

Diana (DianaSaigo)

Oct-26

Hey Ernie!

Lot of the fashion is coming back from the bygone eras!  Some for me is welcomed...other fads..not so much!  LOL  I do like now that I have gotten older...that the rule...that if you were over a certain age you couldnt wear such and such...has gone away...and today's older woman is allowed to have style and fashion...and doesnt have to appear matronly..

hugs

Diana