About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1669592 views.
Kittyarnold

Oct-25

Good morning Ernie....we had lots of rain up till morning....and now we are totally fogged in...can't even see our hill out the window....closer to the ground there is still some visibility...but not much.....glad you made it home still dry....a basement in a trailer?  

Cocoa60

Oct-26

Good morning Diana.  Good to see you back.  I don't have much clothing from back then

We have a pair of bell bottoms my wife's aunt gave to us before she died back before 85.

I wore them once a year as long as I could wear a 32 waist.  I have been able to get them on

since I lost weight for Diabetes but not well enough to wear them anywhere.  Still remember

Shannon from back in the days.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Cocoa60

Oct-26

Good morning Kitty.  We had a beautiful day yesterday.  I got the sub frame loose from

the Subaru but was to weak to finish getting it out from under the car.  Don't know if I

will get out there today, supposed to get a deluge of rain today, all day. 

My wife got a tooth pulled yesterday so she's in lots of pain, was glad to see she got to

sleep.  Was a pain before it was pulled also.

We did have a basement under our trailer.  Think we had to have it appraised after the

tornado, insurance company wanted to pay us a few hundred dollars for the basement.

Was thousands in reality.  I know of many trailers with basements, the two on my dad's

farm.  We had huge steel crossbeams built into the top of our basement but tornado still

flipped us over.  I don't have pictures on this pc.

Brian will have to find some inside work to keep busy if you get all this rain today, same as

me.  I have an stereo amplifier I've been working on modifying for a couple years I can work on.

Hope you both have a great day.

Ernie

Can A Mobile Home Have A Basement_ And Why You Might Want One - Featured Image

Kittyarnold

Oct-26

Good morning Ernie and all.....we are having pouring rain for the day...last night a loud thunder storm....so just inside stuff today....Brian is sorting some pictures from is great grandmother.....way before polaroids  so not too exciting for me but great that he is sorting stuff.....

Diana (DianaSaigo)

Oct-26

Hey Ernie!

Lot of the fashion is coming back from the bygone eras!  Some for me is welcomed...other fads..not so much!  LOL  I do like now that I have gotten older...that the rule...that if you were over a certain age you couldnt wear such and such...has gone away...and today's older woman is allowed to have style and fashion...and doesnt have to appear matronly..

hugs

Diana

Cocoa60

Oct-27

Good morning Kitty.  We had the same noreaster with 2.73 inches of rain here.

I worked on that old stereo amplifier like I said I might.  Did make some progress,

soon it will be finished and will see if everything is right. 

The used sub frame I ordered from Nova Scotia isn't being shipped even though

they took the money from my credit card 8 days ago so I filed a claim on my card

last night.  I will probably get my money back but will take a couple weeks while

my car is sitting apart and the weather worsens.  I should have looked at the

companies reviews before ordering.  They don't do that well.  I didn't see the part

anywhere else then but do now.

We didn't get any water problems from all that rain so that is good.  Cost lot of

money and work to fix the water problems from living on this slope.  At least

we don't live down in the valley so don't get 4 feet of water in our living room.

We are near the top of the mountain but still on a down hill slope.

Have a great day.

Ernie

John Deere backhoe like ours.

Cocoa60

Oct-27

Good morning Diana.  I did get one paisley shirt when they briefly came back,

around 2002 to 2005, I think.  It lasted quite a while but is gone now.  Got it

at a kohls in Carmel, Indiana while visiting friends there.  I think all the other

old fashions are actually from their era that didn't get worn out.

I did get my dad's WW2 bayonet this past weekend to put with his WW2

picture I finally was able to find, took years to find.  I wasn't able to find

any orders, pins, or anything like that.  I do have a couple letters he wrote

back to his mom while they were in the war. 

I'm supposed to get what's left of the farm to rebuild into a horse farm for

future generations after my brother is gone but might never happen.  He's

had two strokes and hasn't made any steps to insure that happens.  Most of

the time he acts like a 5 year old boy and only snaps out of it briefly for a while.

Have a great day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Oct-27

I can't believe that I haven't been here yet....cloudy and cold today....granddaughter and her fiancé are coming for dinner....simple we are ordering pizza.....hope your day was good....

Diana (DianaSaigo)

Oct-27

I got all of my dad's military stuff...my plan is to take all the old photos and items...make notation cards and such...then box them up...and hope one day...one of my grandchildren will be interested in the family history.  Some stuff...am going to upload into Ancestry...so that the documentation is there...

As i get older, I look around at all the "treasures" that i have spent my life time accumulating...and realize..the stuff is only important to me...and it is just stuff..yes there are moments in time that some items will bring back a smile..hmmmm...i definitely need to declutter!  LOL

Guess we are going to get rain and such for the next couple days...hopefully will clear up prior to trick or treat...need to go get candy...last year we went through tons of it!  so expect the same this year!  we took a long PVC pipe and made a candy shoot...so we could stay socially distant..we didnt decorate this year...cause outside of house is being painted...but we usually go all out...maybe next year!

Cocoa60

Oct-28

Good morning Kitty.  We stayed around the house with no company yesterday and probably

again today.  Both got some work done.  I did a little more on the car.  Found that I can't save

the lower control arms, their bushings, or alignment bolts.  So about another $130. besides

the $360 for the sub frame and probably about $200 to fabricate the frame rail and weld it in.

We took another AC unit out of it's window, only one left now, the largest one.  We've gotten

so we just remove the large one and put it on a dresser right beside the window.  I was going

to install central air last Spring but didn't get it done.  Just as well, cost a lot to keep Brandy

alive another 8 weeks and get the Monte SS fixed. 

I've spent a lot of money this year, into emergency funds and still not restoring them.

We were lucky to see our daughter and grands two evenings last week, pizza one eve.

Surprised to see it 34 degrees this morn. almost frost. 

The company got a shipping label after I filed a claim so as long as it's a suitable part when

it gets here that story is over.  The used sub frame for the Subaru.

Have a great day.

Ernie