About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1666312 views.
Kittyarnold

Oct-27

I can't believe that I haven't been here yet....cloudy and cold today....granddaughter and her fiancé are coming for dinner....simple we are ordering pizza.....hope your day was good....

Diana (DianaSaigo)

Oct-27

I got all of my dad's military stuff...my plan is to take all the old photos and items...make notation cards and such...then box them up...and hope one day...one of my grandchildren will be interested in the family history.  Some stuff...am going to upload into Ancestry...so that the documentation is there...

As i get older, I look around at all the "treasures" that i have spent my life time accumulating...and realize..the stuff is only important to me...and it is just stuff..yes there are moments in time that some items will bring back a smile..hmmmm...i definitely need to declutter!  LOL

Guess we are going to get rain and such for the next couple days...hopefully will clear up prior to trick or treat...need to go get candy...last year we went through tons of it!  so expect the same this year!  we took a long PVC pipe and made a candy shoot...so we could stay socially distant..we didnt decorate this year...cause outside of house is being painted...but we usually go all out...maybe next year!

Cocoa60

Oct-28

Good morning Kitty.  We stayed around the house with no company yesterday and probably

again today.  Both got some work done.  I did a little more on the car.  Found that I can't save

the lower control arms, their bushings, or alignment bolts.  So about another $130. besides

the $360 for the sub frame and probably about $200 to fabricate the frame rail and weld it in.

We took another AC unit out of it's window, only one left now, the largest one.  We've gotten

so we just remove the large one and put it on a dresser right beside the window.  I was going

to install central air last Spring but didn't get it done.  Just as well, cost a lot to keep Brandy

alive another 8 weeks and get the Monte SS fixed. 

I've spent a lot of money this year, into emergency funds and still not restoring them.

We were lucky to see our daughter and grands two evenings last week, pizza one eve.

Surprised to see it 34 degrees this morn. almost frost. 

The company got a shipping label after I filed a claim so as long as it's a suitable part when

it gets here that story is over.  The used sub frame for the Subaru.

Have a great day.

Ernie

Cocoa60

Oct-28

Good morning Diana.  We had a house fire about 9 years after my dad got out of the ARMY

end of WW2.  I was 2 months old.  So lot of stuff might have been burned or lost.  Dad never

talked about the military much.  I only heard about two sentences in 55 years.  Think my parents

were tired of talking about the past by the time I was old enough to understand.  He was talking

to a male nurse in the hospital and that's the first time I heard he was in the D Day invasion.  Like

I said, it took me years to track down the picture of dad in military uniform, probably 1942.  I was really

surprised to get this bayonet.  I had probably seen it while I was growing up but didn't relate it to WW2.

I don't know how my kids are going to deal with all of my junk.  We got rid of a lot cleaning the basement

but still a lot. 

We live in a rural area.  The trick or treaters stopped in the 80s with the poison tylonel scare, think it was.

Glad you got your house painting finished in spite of the poor company you had to deal with.  We just

decorate some windows and put up pictures grandkids colored.  A lot in the bay window we installed

couple years back.  It has windows that open and the latches are hard to latch but seems like we got

everything else right.  We had to enlist couple neighbors to help us lift it into position. 

Have a great day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Oct-28

Good morning everyone  hope the sun is shining in your world.....the granddaughter and her man did come and we had fun....after dinner we played dominoes which we enjoy and they do too......decided we should do that more often....the sun is shining and that always makes me happy....a little color left on the trees but going fast....especially with the wind....it wasn't bad here tho....have a good one.....

Cocoa60

Oct-29

Good morning Kitty.  Glad you had fun with your granddaughter.  Was my granddaughter

convinced me to try stopping smoking this last time.  Fun to play games.  I remember

dominoes but haven't seen them for many years.  Our colored leaf peak is long gone,

only a few here and there.

We did have a very sunny day yesterday, today it fades into rain at the end of the day.

Then rain for two days after that.  I didn't realize a stabilizer bar link was still half bolted

to the car.  Had to cut it off with saws all.  Then took it in for a warranty replacement, but

got a guy that was going home sick right after he helped me.  He couldn't find the warranty

on my account.  So went to another Auto Zone and they found it but just gave me my money

back and ordered it, so have to go back a third time to actually get the replacement.  Tedious.

The company in Canada that tried to sell me a sub frame had a UPS label printed but that's all.

They didn't actually ship a frame, so will be two weeks soon.  The credit card company gives

them until another week, three weeks I think it was. 

My wife is feeling sickly since she had a tooth pulled.  We might end up in a clinic soon.  She

doesn't really have a doctor, the one she had got a new job teaching residents, so that's what

you get when you make an appointment with him, one of the residents in training.  So she

usually goes to a walk in.

One finger opened up when I crushed my hand with that sub frame on the jack.  Still healing

because it's sort of a compression wound that's also bruised.  I do wear mechanics gloves now,

like many do, or probably would have been worse. 

Should be partly sunny today until almost night fall.  I should move my bike into the basement

during the days of rain.  I have an accessory light to mount on the back so less chance of being hit

from behind when stopping or stopped. It flashes red when brakes are on.  LEDs so won't overwhelm

the charging system. 

Enjoy the day, if the rain gets there would probably be sometime Saturday.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Oct-29

good morning we are expecting sun until this evening and then maybe rain overnight.....agenda for the day is to get out of the house and maybe check out our local thrift shop....right now Brian is at the dentist getting a crown...can you even believe that we quit smoking?  hope your day is productive with all the car projects....

Diana (DianaSaigo)

Oct-29

Hey Ernie,

All is well over here....today is a very rainy day...though temp is 57...so cant complain...will save that for next week...as the weather guy is saying possibly could see snow by end of next week!  UGH!  

My house isnt entirely done...but they are making progress!  I love bay windows...have quite a few in my house...with lead and stain glass windows...my only issue is that the wood frames of the windows are starting to deteriorate...and more money for this moneypit of a victorian...LOL

My dad didnt talk to much about his time in Vietnam or other military times...until he got much older...especially when he had a few beers in him...and he was relaxing...so really got to hear about some of the things he went through...I was very proud of his service...

Anyhoot...my sleep schedule is a mess...have my days and nights mixed up!  I woke up at 1130pm last nite...so am trying to stay up all day so can get myself back to a normal schedule!  So...gonna go get the grocery shopping done...and see what other mischief I can get myself into!

Susan1206

Oct-29

Especially for Ernie. Borrowed car to take from Mass to reception. July 13, 2019.  Tending to Finn 24/7. Susan