About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1708399 views.
Cocoa60

Nov-10

Good morning Kitty.  48 here this morn, unbelievable, but only supposed to go up to

52 for the day.  Mowed most of my daughter's lawn when over there taking care of garbage.

Then was under the Subaru the rest of the day.  I need to buy some more metric nuts,

forgot about a couple of them with studs built into the differential.  Got some parts of

the sub frame mounted.  Has to have about 6 points lined into position when the differential

is bolted up to the sub frame.  Use 2 hydraulic jacks and 3 pry bars to get everything into

position and lined up.  Didn't crush a hand or a finger yet. 

I see the stone fences out in the woods up north where the families moved in couple hundred

years ago and built farms only to find out the soil couldn't support livestock.  So some got a

little money from government and some families just left.  They are everywhere, goes on for

miles and miles.  I think about all the work those families did building those stone fences for

miles and miles, with the crushed fingers they would've gotten.  Then just to lose it all.  The

fences are still there because crops won't grow there.  Once in a while I see an old stone

foundation for a house or barn.  I have pictures but not transferred over to this pc.  My dad's

old farm house has a stone foundation. 

Wish Brian well building his wall.  He should have our backhoe loader, it's just sitting while

I work on the Suby.

My wife is trying to get surgery set up to remove cataracts removed from both eyes.  Looks

like it will be next year.

Hope Finn and Susan are ok.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Brandy and Cocoa 2016

Kittyarnold

Nov-10

Good morning Ernie.....46 here and maybe the sun will come out....no agenda as of yet...just finish my second cuppa....hope your day is wonderful....

Cocoa60

Nov-11

Good morning Kitty.  A little cooler this morn at 29 but still not bad.

This is our last good weather day before the cold front moves in tonight.

I think I will have the Subaru sub frame finished today.  Yesterday I went

out and found the additional hardware I needed, had to go to three hardware

stores but got it.  Then did some more on the car.  Spent couple hours on a

broken bolt problem but then moved forward.  Glad I have one last good weather

day to finish.

I realized we haven't gone on a picnic since this virus thing started but guess it will

have to wait until next year now.  I was traveling down to the farm once a week to

help out, probably one reason.  Also, my granddaughter working, high school, and

college courses.

Hope Brian hasn't hurt himself building the rock wall, easy to do.  I have this one cup

of caffeine coffee early in the morn, all decaf after that.  Causes resistance to insulin

so not good for Diabetics and makes my stomach burn if I have a lot.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Vintage Pyrex Flameware Glass Coffee Pot Percolator COMPLETEWatched these Corning Glass coffee makers perk all while I was growing up on the farm

My sister found one on the farm and gave it to me.  So happy to have it, used it twice, first time in my life.

My dad worked at a Corning Glass factory all his life but was retired for 32 years.

Kittyarnold

Nov-12

Good morning.....used to live near Corning in north country NY....we are having a very windy rainy day...lots of leaves will go today...... small agenda for today....working on Christmas stuff....hope your day is great 

Susan1206

Nov-12

Good morning, Miss Kitty, Miss Diana and Master Ernie,

I realize now that I am the one who has been missing in action!  Sorry about that.  Sometimes "life gets in the way".  We diligently worked for two days to complete the vinyl plank wood floor in the dining room.  I have to say that the up and down and up and down on my knees and body have resulted in a lot of aches and pains.  Probably, just too darn old for all of that!  Anyway, it looks lovely and on we go.... I'll try and post a pic from my cell phone.

Fall here.  Color on the leaves is peak or a little past.  We took what was probably our last ride in Jim's convertible Mustang last week.  I had the heater on with the top down!!!  

Finn doing well.  He was in to the Vet for suture removal on Monday.  She said she was amazed and concerned that he had lost so much muscle mass.  Of course, this was while we were waiting for HER to have an opening for surgery.  He is doing well.  We have walked around our entire block two mornings in a row.  Ernie is laughing because he would walk far more than that!   But, Finn is doing well.  I would imagine maybe 1/2 mile or a bit less.

I'm having Thanksgiving here.  My son-in-law tells me the condo is too small and there is a DOG here.  I pitched a bit of a fit since I've not had a holiday in four years.  So, I am in the midst of having all of my recipes out and already doing some preliminary shopping.  A cleaning gal is coming the day before so that is a plus!!

Everyone (except me...knock on wood) has horrid coughs  ~ including Jim.  This is both of my daughters and son-in-laws.  Something strange (other than COVID) is going around and it is NOT leaving...... Most of them are on steroids or z-packs......

((hugs)) to all across the miles.  I will try to be more dutiful with coming on.  Many mornings I sip on coffee and wake up (that takes about an hour) LOL

Susan

Susan1206

Nov-12

Love these glass percolators.....How fortunate for you.   Susan

Kittyarnold

Nov-13

good morning so good to see you here again....this morning is strange....we are totally fogged in....can only see out about 50 ft....no hillside yet....supposed to be yucky all day....going to daughters for lunch whole family will be there....

Cocoa60

Nov-15

Good morning Kitty.  We were up north for a couple days at my in laws.  Was great

to walk Brandy's sister, Dixie, and her friend Charlotte, at my wife's brother's home next door to

her parents. 

We play board games with Wife's parents, sequence.

The Monte Carlo SS ends up spending the Winter up north.  It's still not finished and now

salt will be spread on the roads. 

Wife's parents are naturally older than us and their house is kept up around 76 to 82 degrees

and humidity down close to 0% with wood heat.  Hard for us to adjust and then we have to

adjust back to 68 with higher humidity up around 50%.  The humidity here makes it easier to

heat but its harder on older joints.

We drove home before it snowed in daylight and dry roads.  We have a little snow on the ground

this morning.

We still have Thanksgiving stuff out and I need to get the last of it up, maybe today.  Looks like

wife's parents are coming down for Thanksgiving diner.  I did get the Halloween stuff down.

Have a good day.

Ernie

• Edited November 15, 2021 6:11 am  by  Cocoa60
Cocoa60

Nov-15

Good morning Susan.  Glad Finn is doing well.  I walked Brandy's sister, Dixie, and her friend

last 3 days.  Dixie has worse joint pains than Brandy did so she can only walk about a mile,
then I go back out for about 9 more miles with Charlotte. 

I have only one of the Corning percolators, the smaller one.  My sister is going to keep an eye

out for one of the standard ones at our parents house.  I'm very happy to have the smaller one

but it's probably from after my parents were divorced.  I remember my parents jumping up to

turn down the heat after the water was boiling so it didn't boil over and get coffee grounds in

the coffee.   I've gotten a reminder trying to make coffee with the one I have.  Takes a while to

get the water boiling to start the peculate.  I think old ones are still available but want one my

parents used. 

My Monte Carlo SS got it's last ride in August before the repairs from the blizzard and before

that started.

We did most of our floors in Laminate around 2011.  Look forward to leaving them as they are.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Dixie and Charlotte on their walk 11/13/21.

Charlotte is young and all muscle.

Susan1206

Nov-15

Hi Miss Kitty, It's early....really early for me....awake at 5:30 a.m. and just tired of tossing and turning.  Watching the taping of the Adele show last evening and drinking coffee.  May go back to bed by 7:00 a.m.  LOL

We had our first snow yesterday.  The ground was warm so no accumulation but it certainly was a foreboding sign of things to come!

Son-in-law still not feeling well since his bout with Covid in October.  Has been tested now and has some residual lung problems.  Urge anyone lurking....to get your booster shots!  I will be happy when December 25th comes and the ninety days are up for me......  Too many large group gatherings are looming in November and December and it all makes me quite nervous!

So, will the two of you be headed to Florida this winter?  Spouse would like to go back to Siesta Key.  So far, no openings at any Inn....so I am not sure that is in the plans for us.

Looking for Allspice ~ it's nowhere to be found.  isn't it amazing what there is a shortage of...swim out to all of those container ships......

Well, that is my ramblings for this very early morning.  ((hugs))  Susan