About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1702976 views.
Cocoa60

Dec-4

Good morning Kitty.  Right at 32 here this morning.  Not supposed to snow today.

My denim shirt I wore as an over shirt was badly ripped out but kept it going as was

a gift from my wife.  Finally let it go but took the snaps out of it.  I used one to repair

a shirt I ripped a snap out of it moving an AC unit.  My wife had a denim shirt from

her work she gave me.  She didn't like them because they wouldn't let her have a day

off using a vacation day last couple days she was there.  She couldn't even get one weekend

day off using a vacation day and they had to work one of their weekends off to make up for it.

So we glued a Harley Owners Group patch on the shirt over her company's logo.

Glad Brian is finishing up his stone wall, has gone on for a while.  Has to be quite large.  I've

moved many rocks out of plowed fields but don't think I ever built anything with them.  Just

reminds me of those walls families built up north of us trying to establish their farms just to

find out the soil wouldn't support a farm.  Now the walls are still there in the forest.  I feel so

bad for those families though they are all long gone.

I have some tests in the hospital Monday, then Tuesday we take the Subaru north to have the

frame rails fabricated and welded in.  As long as wife's brother's schedule doesn't change.  Our

stuff is discounted and his shop is his lively hood.    So I probably won't be on this forum next

Wednesday and Thursday.

Hope you and Brian have a good day.

Ernie

Suby Baja.

Brother in law sent me a picture of the SS yesterday, almost finished, this is an old picture.

• Edited December 5, 2021 4:45 am  by  Cocoa60
Kittyarnold

Dec-6

Good morning all......totally fogged in here....42 degrees I think I would rather have snow...hope everyone's  day is fabulous and of course smoke free....,.I noticed yesterday that wherever we go...we park and when I get out of the car there are cigarette butts all over the ground....could we please use the receptacles?  of course we are not the guilty party cause we don't smoke anymore...keep at it....

Cocoa60

Dec-7

Good morning Kitty.  You left the forum for a couple days, now I am traveling and will disappear for a

couple days.  Don't know my password anymore, comes up automatically and I don't want to ruin it

trying to log on with my phone.  We're going north so my brother in law can fabricate frame rails for

the chassis of the Subaru Baja and weld them in.  It's tricky to weld them to the body because it's not

thick steel so easy to burn a hole through you work.

Hospital tests went smoothly yesterday, glad I got it done before everything shuts down again.  Funny

they ask you if you've been exposed to anyone with the virus in the last 10 days while you are in a building

where all the sickest people with the virus go. 

I will love seeing Brandy's sister up north and walking her and her friend, Charlotte.  People think Brandy

and her sister, Dixie, look alike but only similar to us that spent every day with Brandy.  In pictures, that is.

It's rare I see a bunch of cigarette butts on the ground.  Might be the same person doing it.  Glad we are

coming up on 15 years since the beginning of stopping the smoke.  Subaru didn't do as well as us because

of the salt.  We are taking some other hits with times passing though.  I've had a few places on my body

rebuilt or repaired.

Take care Kitty.  I should be back Thursday most likely.

Ernie

Brandy's sister, Dixie.

Kittyarnold

Dec-7

hope your time away is fun and enjoyable....we are now up to 27 and partly cloudy  Brian is out digging so the garden will be a bit bigger next spring...more veggies to share with the family....everyone is more aware of the new variant of COvid.....it could stop now please....I am hearing that Florida is one of the worst states....glad we aren't there....hope everyone has a special day ...

Kittyarnold

Dec-8

Good morning everyone.....27 cloudy degrees here....typical weather for New England.....haven't figured out an agenda for my day.....usual visit with our daughter every Wed....and that might be it.....hope all is well with you....

Kittyarnold

Dec-9

Happy Dec. 9th.....hope all is well...stop in for a visit

Cocoa60

Dec-11

Good morning Kitty.  A good week coming up for Brian to modify the garden for 2022.

Paul did finish the two frame rails Thursday afternoon so we left Subaru Baja indoors

for the new undercoating to cure until Friday.  Then we came back home.  We played a

lot of that board game, sequence, games this past week.  It's rare that someone else is

being paid to work on one of my vehicles but two of them this year.  The rails were harder

to do than her thought.  I thought they would be but he was optimistic.  The Baja is riding

much smoother now, still have to put the new rear struts on though.  Have some good

weather to sneak that job in before Winter.

My wife's parents are doing worse but still going and living life.  My parents have been

gone for a long time. 

Have to travel down to the farm Wednesday to take my brother to an eye appt.  His eyes

are damaged from letting his Diabetes go just like his legs.  The appt is an hour back towards

our home here so lots of traveling to do for me. 

Have lots of pictures of the new frame rails, pups I walked up north, and my wife's parents but

not on this PC yet.

Hope you get out some in the nice temps after this rain.

Ernie

Picture of Brandy's sister, Dixie, few weeks ago.

Kittyarnold

Dec-11

we are fogged in and it is in the high 30's  supposed to be cloudy all day and might be in the path of the wind storm....hope not...I am not a fan of wind....Brian is out digging the garden bigger and enlarging the fence so the deer can't eat everything we plant...hope your day is good....

Cocoa60

Dec-12

Good morning Kitty.  Supposed to be a nice day here today, storm has passed.  Sad for all

the people hurt and killed in the tornados in that storm.  Our home was destroyed in a tornado

back in May of 1983.  Brian has good weather to finish his work.  Me also, plan on changing the

rear struts on the Baja. 

Didn't do much in the rain here yesterday.  Tried to solder an old watch band of my dad's but

solder wouldn't stick.  Wife is changing the decorations from Fall to Christmas.

Took the dogs, Dixie and Charlotte, for walks while we were up in Morrisville, NY.  Dixie has had

bad hip joints since she was young so she can only walk a mile or so.  We take her back home,

then Charlotte goes another 9 miles or do.  Dixie is Brandy's sister so a little over 9 years old now.

You and Brian have a great day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Dec-12

we had clouds and some rain all day...but last night before midnight we had high wind gusts and downpours...Brian slept thru it...the wind gusts were really loud and worried me a bit....trying to think of trees that might come down...nothing wrong tho thanks goodness...so clear and sunny now and just hit 40 .....Brian is out working on digging and changing the fence....good day for him....hope your day is wonderful