About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

This community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1773432 views.
Cocoa60

Dec-16

Good morning Kitty.  We just had chili and leftover is still in the frig.  I went down to

the farm yesterday and cleaned up some, then took my brother up to Robert Packard

Hospital in Sayre, PA.  Had to have treatment done to his eye because of letting his

glucose get high for a long period of time.  Supposed to go there once a month for

the next 17 months for eye treatments.  That's about all I did yesterday except exercise

before I left.  It's about 7 hours of driving and waiting at the hospital.

One of my wife's brother's wives called her yesterday twice and talked for a long time.

That family has isolated itself from the rest of the family for years, I guess because his

wife and parents don't get along.  Was nice to hear from her.  We were close friends in

the 70s before everybody started families and careers.  I was best man at their wedding.

Wife put our Christmas tree up and started decorating it.  I moved the furniture around

yesterday morning before I left. 

Have a good day, you and Brian.

Ernie

Grands last Christmas.

Kittyarnold

Dec-16

I like the Christmas picture......sorry your brother doesn't take better care of himself....tough one with diabetes.....hope your day is good....

Cocoa60

Dec-17

Good morning Kitty.  Nice couple days were getting at the end of this warm stretch.  I see it's over after today.

I was putting up outdoor Christmas lights yesterday.  Labeled a couple strings as scrap for spare bulbs.  Was

over 60 here, similar to your temps. 

We went and got my prescriptions I had managed to coordinate them to get at the same time, some are 50

days, some 30, and some 90.  We found some more Christmas cards my wife wanted.  I only send out about 4

to my siblings but my wife was the oldest in a large family and they remained somewhat close. 

I'm tempted to go down to the farm and finish that tractor I put the new hydraulic drive in.  I had it all done but

the alignment was off, so had to disassemble part of it to align.  It sits there like that. 

I hope Brian is finished with his stone wall or at a good place to pause.  Tomorrow is ice and snow here and Winter

cold after that.  I have only cleared fields of rocks after plowed, don't remember ever building anything. 

Subaru Baja worked well on it's trip to the farm, still needs a 4 wheel alignment sometime soon.  I'm happy the Baja

gets a reprieve on it's life.  I got it when we all stopped smoking and when Cocoa was born almost 15 years ago.  Also,

they don't have many late model used trucks right now so charging just about the new price for them.  Everything still

works in the Baja and there's no rust on the body.  It still has those little dings in it that someone thought they had to do

with a screwdriver or something similar, Wife's Rav4 has the same.  We have 4 cameras aimed at the driveway from different

angles with motion lights that should keep the person away from now on.  Had to install them before we spent money on

the Monte Carlo repairs.  I had planned on fixing the dings in our two newer vehicles but spent a lot on Brandy, Monte, and

Baja. 

My sister had it much worse with my brother, living there to care for them for 5 months.  She's discouraged that my brother

doesn't try to be responsible for himself and his surroundings.  When she goes home for a couple days and comes back he's

slipped back into not taking care of garbage and his meds.  She's back at her home near Williamsport, PA now because of

her illness.  Don't know if she will ever go back.

Have a good day and enjoy the warm temps.

Ernie

My Baja after sub frame installed but before frame rails were welded in.

Used sub frame from Southern California painted with POR15 paint

before install on our Suby.

• Edited December 18, 2021 4:44 am  by  Cocoa60
Kittyarnold

Dec-18

Good morning Ernie the picture takes me back a few years..thanks for posting it....I've been remiss in getting here to our site....not much to say or not doing too much....and certainly do not need help to not smoke anymore...and still can't believe I managed....but here we are...everyone have a wonderful day...

Cocoa60

Dec-19

Good morning Kitty.  Rained most of the day here yesterday.  This morning we're getting a dusting of snow.

Think our high temperature for today is around 29 degrees.

We didn't do much yesterday.  I installed the new door closers on the storm door we bought while we were out

Christmas shopping.  Think they were about 40 years old so were due a break.  We went out Christmas shopping

on Friday.  Got most of what we need to get, still a few things to get.  I was late getting the outside lights up and

still didn't finish.  It's been a busy year.  The Russian guy next door has started leaving his little pole light in his front

lawn on, that's his Christmas lights for indoor and outdoors.  Guess they didn't celebrate Christmas in Russia.

It's sad the one couple across the road usually puts up outdoor lights and aren't this year, hope nothing is wrong.

Think that picture of you and Susan is about 6 years old but I could be wrong.

Have a great day Kitty.

Ernie

My old electronics lab at work, think 2008.

I searched for the picture of you and John around 2008 but couldn't find it.

Kittyarnold

Dec-20

I have the picture somewhere in my photos but don't know how to get it here....think I told you it was 12 degrees here when I got up....the sun does shine but it is still only 26 out there....Brian doesn't even want to go out to work...hope your day is great....

Susan1206

Dec-20

Dear Ernie and Kitty, Hi to Carolyn too.

Greetings from Avon Lake, land of wind and rain.  It's been very temperate the month of December and I'm wondering if that is why so many are in ill health.   COVID is everywhere and the hospitals are filled to the brim, cancelling all elective surgeries.  We had planned to do an Open House on Christmas Eve and I was quite skeptical about the amount of people here in my condo.  We have now cancelled it and I couldn't be happier.  Jim's six year old granddaughter has been diagnosed positive.  Jim and I just got our boosters this a.m. so now we wait the fourteen days to become protected.

I'm hoping that all on here will do the right thing and get boosted!  

The house is decorated, the tree is up, bubble lights and greenery on the mantle, garland with plaid bows on the stairway and wreaths at the windows outside.  I love Christmas and I love to decorate.  The house always seems so bare in mid January when I take it all down.

We were blessed with a cancellation at the Siesta Royale in Siesta Key, Fla.  It's rather an old school renovated motel with all the space we need ~ a short walk to the pool and the white beach of Siesta Key so we will spend a week down there in February.  Something to look forward to!

Hope all is good with everyone.  I'm friends with Debbie Sweet on Facebook.  A very active Forum member.  She passed away suddenly yesterday.  Please keep her daughter, Jenn and family in you prayers.  

Hope to be back before Christmas.  Maybe a picture or two.........

Susan1206

Dec-20

Dear Ernie and Kitty, Hi to Carolyn too.

Greetings from Avon Lake, land of wind and rain.  It's been very temperate the month of December and I'm wondering if that is why so many are in ill health.   COVID is everywhere and the hospitals are filled to the brim, cancelling all elective surgeries.  We had planned to do an Open House on Christmas Eve and I was quite skeptical about the amount of people here in my condo.  We have now cancelled it and I couldn't be happier.  Jim's six year old granddaughter has been diagnosed positive.  Jim and I just got our boosters this a.m. so now we wait the fourteen days to become protected.

I'm hoping that all on here will do the right thing and get boosted!  

The house is decorated, the tree is up, bubble lights and greenery on the mantle, garland with plaid bows on the stairway and wreaths at the windows outside.  I love Christmas and I love to decorate.  The house always seems so bare in mid January when I take it all down.

We were blessed with a cancellation at the Siesta Royale in Siesta Key, Fla.  It's rather an old school renovated motel with all the space we need ~ a short walk to the pool and the white beach of Siesta Key so we will spend a week down there in February.  Something to look forward to!

Hope all is good with everyone.  I'm friends with Debbie Sweet on Facebook.  A very active Forum member.  She passed away suddenly yesterday.  Please keep her daughter, Jenn and family in you prayers.  

Hope to be back before Christmas.  Maybe a picture or two.........

Susan1206

Dec-20

Hi Karen,

Merry Christmas to you and Ken and the gang.  I so enjoy seeing your pictures on Facebook.  Here's to a happy and healthy New Year 2022.  Love, Susan

Susan1206

Dec-20

Hi Carolyn,

Nice to see you posting.  Merry Christmas to you and your family.  How old is your Grandson now?   We have Bronwen, who just turned four.  She went from Frozen into the Super Heroes.

Here is to a happy and healthy New Year to you and the family.

Love, Susan