About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Denim50

This community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1825687 views.
Kittyarnold

12/27/21

clear and sunny here all day.....

Cocoa60

12/28/21

Good morning Kitty.  Don't think we got any sun yesterday but supposed to get some

1st part of today.  Can see the moon this morning.  Got groceries yesterday and took

recyclables to the land fill.  Drove by where we had to have Brandy put to sleep. 

Today have to take care of garbage.  Should get some work done on antenna, supposed

to be warmer today.

The one Cardinal that flies against the bay window started flying against the car windows

also.  Stated parking the cars further back and he stopped for the one day, hope for good.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

12/28/21

Love the cardinal but sorry he keeps flying into the window....I hung a small mobile inside so the birds would maybe not fly in...it seemed to help...we are totally fogged in again this morning...had some snow overnight very light and not a problem......30 degrees right now.....enjoy your day....

Cocoa60

12/29/21

Good morning Kitty.  33 here so warm for this time of day.  Supposed to freeze at the

beginning of next week. It's snowing here this morning and we have some on the ground

from last night.  We do have decorations up in the bay window for just about every season

and holiday, doesn't seem to have any effect on the cardinal banging into the window. 

He does seem to have stopped flying into the car windows since I moved them back.

A little harder to park them back there though. 

Worked on the antenna yesterday after taking care of garbage.  It does work better but

still doesn't get through to the repeater almost 100 miles away.  Think its time to let it go

and use other frequencies that lend themselves to that distance.  Sometimes I can get through

for a minute or two. 

My grandsons got those virtual reality goggles from their father so they walk around seeing

whatever it is they see in those view finders.  I'm glad they enjoy their gifts.

Think our cable box died so might have to go swap it at the cable store today.  Doesn't power

on.  You would think that they would send people out to swap them with what we pay them

every month. 

It's been two weeks since 've gotten down to the farm so need to do that again soon.  At least

my brother found other people to drive him to his eye procedures.  It's 7 hours of driving for

me to do it from here.  Think I've been fired because he mentioned there was a Kentucky Fried

Chicken place there and I didn't make any attempt to go there after the appt.  I'm not sad to

have lost that job. 

Have a good day.

Ernie

What Is Virtual Reality? | Wonderopolis

Kittyarnold

12/31/21

Happy New Year....I spent 3 days in the hospital....diverticulitis.  easy treatment....take pills etc.   so I a home now and okay....keep on keeping on  

Susan1206

12/31/21

May God Bless you in the coming year with good health and happiness.  Love to all,  Susan

Cocoa60

1/1/22

Good morning Kitty and Happy New Year.  Glad you are ok, was worried about you when I got up this morning.

I was going to go down to the farm yesterday but then a friend from my childhood days told me my cousin had

died, so probably go to his memorial tomorrow.  Guess I will be the only one there from my mom's family.  I

remember John from the 60s.  The Supremes singing out from his barn radio.  Riding on the tractor with him.

Boiling down sap to maple syrup in the woods.  Cutting down honey bee trees.  Catching a racoon in a burlap

bag.  Him and another neighbor putting a shifter in a car backwards so the gears were in the wrong place.  He

was 6 years older than me or there would be more memories.  He joined the air force in 1967 so the last time I

saw him he rode the school bus to the farm where he worked, down the hill from my dad's farm, in his Air Force

class As.  My brother tells me he visited the farm after that but I had married and moved away. 

Glad you got better and came back home from the hospital.  Hope we are all healthy in this new year.

My wife's parents are looking frail to me, worry some about them.  My parents are gone, wasn't the oldest child

like my wife. 

I finished my antenna work, they need to stay where they are until Summer.  Cleaned up and took most of yesterday

off.  Don't have any plans for today yet.

Again, so glad you're ok.  Have a good day, you and Brian

Ernie

Wife's parents Christmas 2021.

Cocoa60

1/1/22

Happy New Year to you and your family Susan.  All doing well here.

Kittyarnold

1/1/22

Sorry about your cousin....had a wonderful nights sleep....so good to be in your own bed and snuggled with your love.....(and your body pillow LOL)  Hope your New Year in wonderful

Kittyarnold

1/1/22

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL