About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

This community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1770655 views.
Kittyarnold

Dec-31

Happy New Year....I spent 3 days in the hospital....diverticulitis.  easy treatment....take pills etc.   so I a home now and okay....keep on keeping on  

Susan1206

Dec-31

May God Bless you in the coming year with good health and happiness.  Love to all,  Susan

Cocoa60

Jan-1

Good morning Kitty and Happy New Year.  Glad you are ok, was worried about you when I got up this morning.

I was going to go down to the farm yesterday but then a friend from my childhood days told me my cousin had

died, so probably go to his memorial tomorrow.  Guess I will be the only one there from my mom's family.  I

remember John from the 60s.  The Supremes singing out from his barn radio.  Riding on the tractor with him.

Boiling down sap to maple syrup in the woods.  Cutting down honey bee trees.  Catching a racoon in a burlap

bag.  Him and another neighbor putting a shifter in a car backwards so the gears were in the wrong place.  He

was 6 years older than me or there would be more memories.  He joined the air force in 1967 so the last time I

saw him he rode the school bus to the farm where he worked, down the hill from my dad's farm, in his Air Force

class As.  My brother tells me he visited the farm after that but I had married and moved away. 

Glad you got better and came back home from the hospital.  Hope we are all healthy in this new year.

My wife's parents are looking frail to me, worry some about them.  My parents are gone, wasn't the oldest child

like my wife. 

I finished my antenna work, they need to stay where they are until Summer.  Cleaned up and took most of yesterday

off.  Don't have any plans for today yet.

Again, so glad you're ok.  Have a good day, you and Brian

Ernie

Wife's parents Christmas 2021.

Cocoa60

Jan-1

Happy New Year to you and your family Susan.  All doing well here.

Kittyarnold

Jan-1

Sorry about your cousin....had a wonderful nights sleep....so good to be in your own bed and snuggled with your love.....(and your body pillow LOL)  Hope your New Year in wonderful

Kittyarnold

Jan-1

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL

Kittyarnold

Jan-1

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL

Kittyarnold

Jan-1

don't know how to delete the second one....so hope double works better

Cocoa60

Jan-2

Good morning Kitty.  Glad you're back home and enjoying it.  It's a little of a snow

day here but I need to travel down to the farm and the memorial service for our cousin.

I will be the only one there from my mom's family.  I don't have much dress coats except

my class A coat from the Army in the 70s.  Good thing I lost weight or wouldn't get into it.

Didn't do very much yesterday except get the antenna connected to a 6 foot ground rod

near it.  These antennas have to be grounded to work well. 

I will get the cat liter boxes cleaned and dumped after the memorial, and clean up the

garbage.  Doubt I will get any projects done.  The hydraulic drive on the Allis Chalmers

tractor isn't finished but it's very close.  I probably won't mow the field until July, needs

to be dry.  I don't have anything to pull it out with if it gets stuck.  Maybe get started on

the upper part early. 

We had to get a new cable box for our tv and it's giving us lots of trouble.  Takes an hour

or two to get it going every time we want to use the tv.  Probably have to swap it for another

Tuesday when everything opens back up.  Most likely get our property taxes that day here

also. 

We will all have a happy new year.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Jan-2

I appreciate Brian anew everyday.....today he took down the tree and packed all the other decorations that I had spread around the house...now he is vacumming......a simple dinner planned (grilled salmon) one of my favorites....still on the meds for my belly which is slightly less painful....now I would call it discomfort.....staying away from all others because quarantine seems appropriate  after sitting in an ER for hours and being admitted for a couple of days......hope your day is good we are cloudy and 41 degrees supposed to drop temps by tomorrow

had a coyote wandering around in the back yard awhile ago....don't want them around but we live out there so .....waiting to see if we see a bear again....rather not but probably......