About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Denim50

This community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1823119 views.
Cocoa60

1/2/22

Good morning Kitty.  Glad you're back home and enjoying it.  It's a little of a snow

day here but I need to travel down to the farm and the memorial service for our cousin.

I will be the only one there from my mom's family.  I don't have much dress coats except

my class A coat from the Army in the 70s.  Good thing I lost weight or wouldn't get into it.

Didn't do very much yesterday except get the antenna connected to a 6 foot ground rod

near it.  These antennas have to be grounded to work well. 

I will get the cat liter boxes cleaned and dumped after the memorial, and clean up the

garbage.  Doubt I will get any projects done.  The hydraulic drive on the Allis Chalmers

tractor isn't finished but it's very close.  I probably won't mow the field until July, needs

to be dry.  I don't have anything to pull it out with if it gets stuck.  Maybe get started on

the upper part early. 

We had to get a new cable box for our tv and it's giving us lots of trouble.  Takes an hour

or two to get it going every time we want to use the tv.  Probably have to swap it for another

Tuesday when everything opens back up.  Most likely get our property taxes that day here

also. 

We will all have a happy new year.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

1/2/22

I appreciate Brian anew everyday.....today he took down the tree and packed all the other decorations that I had spread around the house...now he is vacumming......a simple dinner planned (grilled salmon) one of my favorites....still on the meds for my belly which is slightly less painful....now I would call it discomfort.....staying away from all others because quarantine seems appropriate  after sitting in an ER for hours and being admitted for a couple of days......hope your day is good we are cloudy and 41 degrees supposed to drop temps by tomorrow

had a coyote wandering around in the back yard awhile ago....don't want them around but we live out there so .....waiting to see if we see a bear again....rather not but probably......

Cocoa60

1/3/22

Good morning Kitty.  Cold front moved in as predicted, 20 here.  Roads were clear for

my drive home.  Talked to one of my cousins for over an hour.  Cousin that visited our

farm Summers when I was 10 or 12 years old.  Only person there I had known becides

John, deceased.  

Went and cleaned at the farm after.  Was surprised that my brother helped a little.  He's

shown that he can pick up after himself but usually doesn't.  We set up his new ham radio

some.  I carried his old radio off the the backroom for storage, one that the cat pee ruined.

Didn't have time for any projects this time.  I showed him where there was a slide show of

our deceased cousin's life on the internet.  I did get the tractor out and take buckets of kitty

liter over to the tree line. 

We haven't taken down our decorations yet, probably today.  I was around people yesterday

but only shook hands with the one cousin. 

Glad your illness is subsiding and only a med treatment.  We've all spent many hours in the ER,

not fun. 

You all have a good day. 

Ernie

Using tractor loader to dump cat liter at the tree line.

Kittyarnold

1/4/22

Good morning everyone......up too early 5 am......agenda is light ....a Dr appt about my digestion etc.....not looking forward to that, sure she will be talking tests....the kind we all love...hope your day is good....our temp is 11 degrees....

Cocoa60

1/5/22

Good morning Kitty.  Hope your doctor appt went well.  My wife has cataract doctor appt

today, unfortunately a year before she has medicare so thousands instead of hundreds.

I'm up at 4 again.  Supposed to be a little warmer here today, into the 40s I think.

Got daughters and our garbage taken care of.  Then rode into PA to get the wheel alignment

done on the Subaru Baja.  Was about $135 here and $80 40 miles south.  Trust the PA place

more and enjoyed the ride.  Was glad they didn't come out saying the alignment couldn't be

done with all the rework done on the truck.  Now Suby has a new lease on life.  If only I could

have saved our Brandy.  I did put new lower control arms on the new sub frame with new bolts

that have cams to adjust the rear wheel alignment.  Both Brandy and Cocoa rode in the Suby many

times, Cocoa's parents rode in it some. 

A good time to be alive.  Hope you and Brian enjoy the day.

Ernie

Old sub frame removed from Baja.

Rear of truck with sub frame removed.

New sub frame installed in Suby.

Susan1206

1/5/22

Good morning, dear Sensational Seniors ~
a day to celebrate my beloved Finn’s tenth birthday. We celebrated with a card and Red Barn stuffed large bone. Later, peanut butter Frosty Paws ice cream.

A cold and windy day here on Lake Erie.  Very little snow this winter. Climate change may be a definite reality.

Susan1206

1/5/22

Anyone remember these?  A definite childhood memory~  A gumdrop tree ordered from the Vermont Country store. Bronwen loved the gumdrops.

Susan1206

1/5/22

Joe’s ( late husband’s).  Lionel train. Circa 1940.  Yes, it still runs!  My Grandfather was an engineer on the Pennsylvania Railroad.  Love trains!  

Kittyarnold

1/5/22

So good to see you here....miss all of our friends....,.it is such a weird year to be and I personally feel stressed to the max.....stay in touch honey