About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Denim50

This community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1829223 views.
Cocoa60

2/11/22

Good morning Kitty.  Glad you got some sunshine, always makes the day go better.

Supposed to be part sunny today and in the 40s here.  We might go somewhere today,

not sure yet.  Either to visit wife's parents or to the farm.

We had pizza with daughter and the grands last eve.  Granddaughter's boyfriend hit the

curb at an ATM on the way.  Lucky I had some body clips to reattach the lower piece of the

car body that broke off.  Gave all our grands a Valentine card even though they are getting

pretty old.  Wife made them some no-bake oatmeal cookies.  We didn't get them ice cream

because of the trouble with the frig-freezer we were having.

Still working on the amplifier that would make it easier to talk to my brother on ham radio.

Made some progress but still not working.

Have a great day Kitty and Brian.

Ernie

Wife lines the pool fence with flowers in the Summer.

Cocoa60

2/14/22

Good morning Kitty.  Some cold days but warmer days coming.  I will take care

of everyone's garbage today so I can go help on the farm tomorrow.  We have

appointments Wednesday and Thursday.  I need to be here Thursday for the

heavy rain along with the snow melt in case of the basement getting water.

Wife was looking for some shams for her new pillows and could only find them

on Amazon.  I have an account there so I ordered them for her.

Cold out so mostly working in the basement with my little heater.  Found a guy

that might be able to give me a little help on this other amplifier also.  Both amps

have serious problems.  Tracking them down isn't easy.  Put the one I just got on

hold until the guy in California can find some time. 

15 years is going by for lot's of things.  Cocoa born, got the Subaru Baja, we all stopped

smoking.

Wishing you and Brian a good week.

Ernie

Amp I'm working on these days.  Still to talk to brother on the farm.

Kittyarnold

2/15/22

Hello.....Hi.....Good morning.....Good afternoon.....I finally got on....busy days in spite of the cold....we are having a high of 27....and the sun shine....short dental appt.  and then groceries.....the snow is bright and so clean..family is all well....stay well....

Cocoa60

2/16/22

Good morning Kitty.  We had the same weather, upper 40s today.  I have a dentist

appt Thursday, but a simple one also,  today we get my wife's car inspected. 

I woke in the middle of the night yesterday so I didn't get down to the farm, now it

will have to wait a couple days.  I took Melatonin for years to help me sleep and stopped

it a little while ago since I'm retired and have control of my days.  A little sleeplessness

once in a while but another med out of my life.  I did get some more sleep midmorning

so did get a little done later in the day.

Took a couple more steps in the troubleshooting of my amplifier.  Still not working but

always closer.  I'm so lucky to be able to live my life and have the family I have.

Talked to my brother on the radio briefly.  Will get down there to help them Friday or

Saturday probably.  I Will finish the hydraulic drive on that Allis Chalmers tractor pretty

soon, it's about done. 

You all have a great day.

Ernie

Susan1206

2/17/22

Saying adios to all of my friends on the Sensational Senior Forum.  Heading out Saturday morning to Siesta Key.  Kitty ~ if I get to Sanibel, I will tell it that you said "hi".  Hoping for warm weather and sun.  Leaving the freezing rain, sleet and snow behind for now.  See you in two weeks.  Susan

Susan1206

2/17/22

Dear Miss Kitty,

Leaving soon...Saturday a.m. for Siesta Key.  If we get to Sanibel....I will say Hi to your beautiful place.  Looking forward to leaving the freezing rain (*now), sleet and snow all behind.  ((hugs))  Susan

Cocoa60

2/18/22

Good morning Kitty and Susan.  Hope all is well with everyone.  Enjoy your vacation

Susan.  Our rain and 50 degrees is over, now the flash freeze has started, 32 now.

I will probably make it down to the farm today, if the weather seems okay by 9 or 10

AM.  Looks like it's started snowing for now.

Went to the dentist yesterday.  One tooth they want to grind down, do a root canal,

then put a crown on it.  I tried to call back and get the name of the problem but they

wouldn't give it to me over the phone so it will keep until August when I go back.

If I get it done it won't be this year anyway. 

Have a good day all.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

2/18/22

we are at 33 sunny degrees....quiet and pleasant day hope all is well....

Cocoa60

Feb-19

Good morning Kitty.  Glad you had some good weather.  We still have ice and snow.

I've delayed my trip down to the farm until Sunday.  No use taking the chance of

slipping off the road. 

Have only worked on my amplifier last couple days of rain, snow, and wind.  Found

a way to use a piece of test equipment to troubleshoot it so don't have to have it

installed in the station.  Now it's over on the repair table. 

We have the grandkids Monday while my daughter goes to the dentist down in the city.

Granddaughter is working but will see if she can make it over. 

Enjoy your day.

Ernie.