About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Denim50

This community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1822067 views.
Cocoa60

Jun-7

Good morning Paul and all.  Our rain starts today.  Looks like Friday will be rain free and a good day

to travel down to the PA farm.  Yesterday was the D Day anniversary.  I didn't know my dad was in it

until a male nurse asked him about it in 2008 at Robert Packard hospital in Sayre, PA.  Was talking

about the camps they stayed in waiting to start.  Said he stayed in D6 or D7. 

Never noticed a change in traffic around here with the virus.  I only knew one person that worked

from home and he was taking care of his mom just about full time.  We are rural sort of though. 

I was a technician so I would have had to continue on same as usual, just about everything was hands on. 

But fortunately I was retired.  Wife was elder care and would've left rather than wear a mask with a face

shield all day.  I wouldn't have done that either.

I did get the second coat of POR15 on the mower deck, got groceries, and did repair on Kenwood

audio amplifier.  The amp still goes into protection mode so will ask the expert how to troubleshoot

that. 

Have to do garbage for us and daughter today.  Talk to her about driving up north  to get the Monte

Carlo SS.  It's about done and my wife can't drive long distance with her cataracts.  We will get those

fixed when she goes on medicare and medicare advantage this Fall.  Right now they want $14k and

don't accept her insurance.  National Health Care was rescued but badly damaged and isn't worth

a whole lot yet.  It's like a place holder for lots of things.

Have a great day all.

Ernie

My dad, WW2.

Susan1206

Jun-7

Good morning dear Sensational friends ~
I have returned from a fun filled vacation to a place called Cheeka in Islamorado, Florida Keys. Great fun with Bronwen in the pools. A day trip to Hemingway’s home and Key West.  Very hot, high humidity and tropical.  Good to be back in Ohio to breathe the fresh cool air!   Susan 

JavaNY

Jun-7

Hi Susan. 

Looks like you had a great time. 

Paul

Cocoa60

Jun-8

Good morning Susan. Paul, and all.  60 here this morn, looks like a storm moved through

while I was sleeping.  Thanks for the pictures Susan, looks like the song about the keys.

The one pool is vertical and looks like it will drain.  smile  Our grandkids grow quickly.

I used jumper cables to start my daughters tractor yesterday, then mowed lawn for a

while, then she took over.  They haven't had time to get a new battery for it yet.

Labeled the sections of my old garage tent and took it down yesterday.  Will reassemble

it at one daughters home for a second greenhouse. 

When I met my wife she had just turned 15 and I was 17 but she was more mature than

me from being the oldest with 4 brothers.  Yesterday I signed her up for social security,

medicare, and medicare advantage.  Was a very strange thing for me to do.  Life went so

fast after marriage, for me Army, kids, and college sped up time. 

Supposed to be a nice day today until the storm at night.  After I welded the one wheel mount

on our lawn mower deck, I see an 8 inch crack on the other side of the deck that allows the

wheel to press up into the deck, was hidden in the coating from the grass.  Think I will take

brother in laws advice and try to bolt on a piece of metal both sides of the crack.  The metal

was thin new and is worse after all these years, difficult to weld. 

Taking the puppies for a one mile walk every morning around 4:20 AM before to much traffic.

That's as far as they should walk until after one year old I'm told.  At least I don't have to put

pain killer on my arthritic feet for a short walk.  Took me years but I settled on Brooks running

shoes with a non custom insert that pushes up on the center of my feet, with the help of a foot

doctor.  I do have some Brooks walking shoes but don't work as well, use them in colder weather.

Have a great day all.

Ernie

Grands enjoy the pool.

Msg 30.13850 deleted
Kittyarnold

Jun-9

Good morning all.....cloudy start to our day here in Connecticut....supposed to clear this morning....hope all is well....

Cocoa60

Jun-10

Good morning Kitty and all.  Glad you are all doing well Kitty.  Was rainy on and off here and down

through PA.  Went to the farm anyway.  A fuse blew in the farm house and half the house was without

power, including their chest freezer.  Brother can't climb the stairs to the fuse box.  Don't know why

my dad didn't change those circuits over to the breaker box in the basement but brother couldn't

go down the stairs to the breaker box either.  So got a new fuse in and we found the culprit that caused

it to blow.

Then we finally got brother's new wire antenna up, a little higher than the 35 feet they require.  Used my

compound bow I took down there on my bike a few weeks ago.  My pant legs on my jeans got a little wet

on the way to the farm yesterday but dried while I was working.  Was wearing about 12 inch shoes so

couldn't feel the wetness.

Supposed to pick up grandsons today to take to a hamfest Saturday morning, then to the farmers market

to get some sweet peas they grow in a green house.  supposed to be ready 2nd week in June.

Enjoy the day all, I'm certain Brian is busy.

Ernie

Image result for hamfest image

Kittyarnold

Jun-11

Just spent time watching a deer graze in our backyard.....no bear today so far......have a wonderful day....smoke free of course...

Kittyarnold

Jun-11

the deer is with a fawn.....

JavaNY

Jun-11

Sounds nice. Enjoy the evening everyone. I rode a bicycle with my niece today.  I had a hard time keeping up :)