About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Denim50

This community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1853472 views.
Cocoa60

Aug-7

Good morning Paul and all.  72 this morn, shorts to walk the pups today.  Today and tomorrow

are hot, then cools down some.  I'm only working an hour or two outdoors these days.  Took the

rotor off my beam antenna yesterday and had just enough cable to get it in a basement window.

Worked yesterday, hasn't worked set up for about a year i think.  Thinking the cable is defective,

it's an 8 wire cable and has been chewed by dogs.  Have a new cable, getting terminals on the wires,

crimping and soldering them.  Will try to set it up temporary to test it with a load on it.

We got harnesses for the pups to help a little bit on the pulling they do a lot.  Seems to be working

some.  That's what I was hoping for.  Doesn't take much to excite them and then they pull for quite

a while before calming down. 

Paul, I bought one of my bikes around NYC about 16 or 17 years ago.  It wouldn't start but was $1700.

with 1500 miles on it, black.  It's at little over 30k miles now.  My other Suzuki GS1100GK is from Tracy,

Calif. got some years later, brown with about 13 k miles on it, around 40k on it now.  Flew out there and

rode back.  Riding the black right now.  A friend drove to the city with me to pick up the black,  looked

new when I got it, they're both 1982.  I used to ride one to work during the week and get the other ready

to ride all weekend.  I used up lots of tires in those days.  Now days I sometimes don't even ride between

my biweekly trips down to help out at the farm. 

Glad you are staying smoke free Paul.  At one time we had newbies coming in to the forum almost daily,

not sure why it declined.  Maybe many less smokers now, don't know.  Kitty had sold her home in Ct and

lived year around in Fla for years and volunteered at an animal rescue clinic.  She collected shells and made

crafts from them.  Sent some to forum members.

Have a great day all and stay cool.

Ernie

Kitty's house in Sanibel island, Fla, I think.

JavaNY

Aug-7

Good morning, everyone.

Ernie, there are definitely less people smoking. so, I guess less people to quit.  I think the high was close to 50% of Americans in the 1950s and 23% today. Probably some guesswork in the numbers I read. When I quit in 2015 I was part of QUITZA which was fairly active. I checked in January and the website was gone. I was also part of British Heart Smoking Cessation and that was also gone. It's always said that most people want to quit, but passively wanting to doesn't help much.

Stay cool all,

Paul

Kittyarnold

Aug-7

not the house we had....think it is on Tahiti not Jamaica....but I like it.....we were at 1356 jamaica dr.....

Cocoa60

Aug-8

Good morning Kitty and all.  Another warm morning here at 68.

Tried to get your paradise island home screenshot again Kitty.  I remember

your walks on the beach down there and shelling as you all called

it down south.  I remember when you had hurricane proof windows

installed.  Remember Brian working at the store until he turned 65.

Yesterday I stayed with the pups while my wife spent some time with

our daughter shopping and stuff.  Found the new rotor cable I bought

couple years ago won't work for the antenna move I'm doing.  It's

100' just enough to replace the homemade one if the antenna were

left where it is.  I need to buy about 150'.  To bad, stuff is expensive.

Looked at the bayonet we found at dad's farm house under the microscope.  It's a German bayonet with markings Horster 1938.  So

it's not my dad's issue, it's something he picked up from the war.  Makes sense, anything issued had to be turned in except clothes.

Have a good day all.

Ernie

• Edited August 8, 2022 3:54 am  by  Cocoa60
Kittyarnold

Aug-8

You got it this time.....love the colors look like morning.....don't think the new neighbors changed the colors....have a wonderful day....you and Brian get up too early.....

JavaNY

Aug-8

I feel like with this heat, there will be palm trees in NYC soon.

Cocoa60

Aug-9

Good morning Kitty, Paul, and all.  It's 74 here this morn, must be in the 80s down in the city.  78 in

our valleys.  We are almost at the top of a mountain which is good for ham radio transmit / receive.

Kitty, I remember you two clearing the palm branches from the yard and trail to the beach, after a

storm or something like that.  Think you had a name for them but it slips my mind.  I haven't been

to Florida since 1966 and then only for a week.  My dad's first new car a 1966 Dodge Coronet, white

4 door.  Had a slant 6 cylinder engine. 

Got groceries yesterday.  Then I was looking into wiring up a different companies rotor to a Hygain

controller, guy that sold it to me said he did so I'm hopeful.  It's for smaller antennas like my 2 meter

beam.  Ordered a soft air gun that shoots plastic BBs for our grandsons birthday and some kind of

fruit slicer. from a registry, for our niece's  wedding shower, both this coming weekend.  Guess the

birthday party will be late, have to travel north for the shower.  Wife doesn't really want to go because

her parents are to old to be comfortable around the pup twins.  They are a handful but I'm glad they

have a small part of the family they were born into for their lives.  Us human beings usually get to stay

with all our family.  I catch any frogs that have gotten into our pool shortly after daylight and transport

them before the pups have a chance to go ballistic over them.  smile  They travel here during the darkness.

It's gone up to 75 degrees instead of dropping couple degrees towards daybreak, 78 here in the house.

Will turn AC on in few minutes. 

You all enjoy the day, supposed to get a cold front coming through today or tomorrow.  I have to walk the

pups before traffic, if there is some I can hear them long before they get here in the early morning silence.

Pups are learning but have a ways to go.

Ernie

JavaNY

Aug-9

GM all. Yes, Ernie 81 at this hour. Should get some rain in the afternoon and cool off a bit.

Kittyarnold

Aug-9

glad you have the pictures....loved the screened in porch....did lots of entertaining there.....Thanksgiving dinner with some neighborhood friends.....wonder if the new owners left all of my paintings on the floor...?  

Cocoa60

Aug-10

Good morning Kitty, Paul, and all.  Cooler this morn at 60, 15 degrees cooler than yesterday morn.

Paul, at least the ocean keeps you warmer in the Winter.  Even the towns by lakes stay warmer until

they freeze over.  Think today it stays in the upper 70s.  It cooled off here after yesterday mornings rain.

I went and picked blueberries again after taking care of everyone's garbage.  Got pretty hot out there

picking after the sun came out.  At least no bee stings.  NYC must be like being down south.

I don't know what year the pictures on Zillow are from Kitty, but think your pictures are still there.  Saw

all the homes on your island for sale now have an M after them so all above one million, to much for us.

Hope you have your shell crafts hanging still, lot of effort went into them.

Purchased some octane booster for the bike.  The spark knocking will destroy the engine, especially when

I can hear it.  Most of the time it would be drowned out by engine noise but still destructive.  The ignition

timing isn't adjustable, all set by an electronic box.  Already running premium gas while it's so warm out.

I see a frog out in the pool I have to relocate before the pups get out there.  They go ballistic over them.

Enjoy the day all, much cooler.

Ernie