About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Denim50

This community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1893260 views.
Cocoa60

Aug-22

Good morning Kitty.  Warm here this morn at 64.  Guess I twisted a knee working on the Baja.  Hurt all

day yesterday and worse now, burning too.  I'm using pain lotion and ice but only helps a little.  Didn't

get much done yesterday.  Got some groceries we needed.  Getting regular groceries today anyway.

Pulled my old rotor cable out everywhere and rolled it up.  Started putting terminals on the new cable.

Talked to my brother on the radio for a while. 

Hope everyone is doing well, glad you guys are Kitty.

Ernie

JavaNY

Aug-22

I hope you feel better, Ernie. Maybe try alternating the ice with heat.

Enjoy the day everyone.

Paul

Cocoa60

Aug-23

Good morning Paul.  Warm 62 here this morn.  More rain today but we're still in a deficit.

Knee got much worse yesterday, don't know about today yet but sure does hurt. 

Got groceries yesterday, that's about it.  Working on getting wedding gifts, cards, and gift

wrap.  Have the two weddings and two more grandchildren birthdays. 

Hope to make it to Lowes, bank, and Walmart today.  After taking care of everyone's garbage.

Had to miss the dog walk and both elliptical sessions yesterday.  Hope to make it today but not

sure yet. 

Hope all is well in the city. 

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Aug-24

I have been awake most of the night....just some naps off and on....stayed in bed tho.....up at 4 and will for sure go in for a nap....as soon as I eat which will be early today

JavaNY

Aug-24

I generally sleep pretty well, but every once in a while, the same thing happens to me.  Hope you get a good nap later, Kitty.

All good in the city, Ernie. Warm but summer is winding down. 

Cocoa60

Aug-25

Good morning Kitty and Paul.  Another beautiful day.  I woke early also, stayed in bed for a while

but up now.  Retired also so I can sleep anytime I want.  Knee slowly improving, able to do stuff,

but not setting the world on fire. 

Got the gift for my granddaughter's wedding yesterday.  Strange to see that little girl getting married.

I remember the blocks of wood in the ground at the park a mile down the road.  Used to count them

off for her to learn her numbers.  I got her a mixer for her kitchen, same thing my parents got us almost

48 years ago.  We still have it, had to order a beater for it once when parts were still available for it.  This

last time I had to buy a vintage mixer to get the beater for ours.  Didn't cost much, a Hamilton Beach, so

not rare.  It's just nice to have one of our wedding gifts still around and being used.  Granddaughter helps

make lot of the birthday cakes here. 

Ordered the Kerig coffee maker for our niece's wedding next month, strange to see her getting married

also.  Can still remember my wife telling me about the pregnancy before she was born.  At least she got

some college out of the way before marriage. 

Hate to see the Summer days fading away.  Another one coming when one leaves, I guess.  I don't close

the pool until the end of September, it's so close to the house and looks so nice.  Do get it closed before

the leaves fall. 

Have a great day all.

Ernie

Granddaughter with Cocoa's parents, Princess and Buddy, many years ago.

Kittyarnold

Aug-27

Good morning all   wonderful sunny day to wake up too......anyone want zucchini?  LOL  this time of year we are all sick of it if we have a garden or a neighbor does....hope you all enjoy this day.....

Cocoa60

Aug-28

Good morning Kitty and all.  Little cooler this morn at 56.  our granddaughter got married yesterday

but haven't any pictures on this pc yet.  Was a nice small wedding in the country.  They're a nice couple

but lots of work ahead and granddaughter starting college Monday.  She did take some courses there

at the college in her senior hs year.  We ended up financing her first semester tuition and books, 10x

what it cost me when I started.  That was after I worked for a little while, we went through the Army,

and worked a little while again so I wasn't 18.  Kitty might remember me sending thousands of hours

with my granddaughter while she was growing up.  Church, parks, walking dogs, The Zoo and Discovery

Center, Brownies, parades, visiting relatives, and amusement Parks.  Much more.  She was born 3.5 years

before we were on here stopping the poison smoke.

I remember Kitty back then, clearing Palm branches away from the yard and trails after storms, collecting shells

on the beach mornings, volunteering at the animal rescue washing the bedding blankets. and moving back

north Summers until the last few years when started living down south year round. I've only been to Florida

for a brief visit around Christmas of 1966.  A brother lived there a couple years back then, now lives northwest

of here in New York State. 

That's all we did yesterday, wedding was over an hour away and we had to take a cage for the pups to

travel in the car, then move it upstairs in the house when we got there.

My wife buys zucchini often, slices it and fries it with some kind of flour coat on it.  Tastes very good.

I emailed couple wedding pictures over to this pc.

Everyone enjoy the day.

Ernie

JavaNY

Aug-28

Glad you enjoyed the wedding, Ernie. Looks like a beautiful day for it.

Enjoy the day everyone.

Cocoa60

Aug-29

Good morning Paul and all.  Warm here this morn at 65.  Supposed to hit 90 here today.

Didn't do much here Sunday.  Worried about our granddaughter starting out her marriage

and college. 

Took our grandson home yesterday.  I walked the path that granddaughter

and I walked with the dogs every day during my lunch back when I was working.  I walked

to the pond where we took them to wade and swim, a couple weeks ago.  All those pups

are gone.  New people bought some of the property and posted it but my daughter uses

different paths to walk her dogs now. 

We got my wife all set up on social security and medicare.  Have to jump through some

hoops because of all the people trying to use scams as a career.  Has even expanded lots

since I had to get started a few years ago.  So she starts in a few days.

We thought one of our pups might be sick and have to take a trip to the doctor but seems

better now.  Difficult to get in these days, have to keep calling in for a cancellation or make

an appointment for a month or two out.  Don't think we have any emergency services anymore.

Closest one is in Ithaca, NY, over an hour away.  We will keep an eye on her, don't want to lose

one of the sisters.

We are all doing well here, hope you all are.

Ernie.

Pax, the retired police dog, swimming in the pond in 2011.