About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Denim50

This community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 2291821 views.
Cocoa60

Nov-12

Good morning Susan and Jerthie.  Can't walk again this morn, to sick with our colds or flu.

Dogs both had to go this morn, rare that wife wouldn't have gotten them out but could be

they didn't have to go back then.

Hope Finn starts eating today.  Maybe still sick and knows he wouldn't be able to keep it down.

One thing after another when they get older.  At least not cushings like Cocoa, or cancer tumor

like Brandy.  Hope the pups we have now live healthy until near the end.  Belle was limping so

put her back on Glucosamine a few days ago. 

Have gone back on 2 diabetes meds and glucose has dropped.  I just can't seem to get the right

diet and exercise to keep the glucose down without meds.   I probably need to do some more studying.

All diabetes are progressive so every time we think we have it licked, our bodies just work around whatever

program we are on.  Maybe figure it out in the near future. 

Both pictures are very good Susan.  Stuck here in the house and sick, we look forward to the holidays.  The Fall

leaves are just about gone.  I need to scoop the leaves off the pool cover before it's ice and the leaves decay

on the cover.

Hope Finn heals and goes back to his normal.  Hope you can sort out your problems Jerthie.

Ernie

Brandy one Christmas.

Susan1206

Nov-12

Thank you, Jerthie.  We will be at our Vet’s tomorrow for sure.

Susan

Susan1206

Nov-12

I hope you both feel better. We will visit our Vet tomorrow.  Not eating all weekend, but drinking water. We walked around the block. 

Susan

Cocoa60

Nov-13

Good morning all.   23 here, coldest morning yet.  Still sick so not walking dogs this morn anyway.

Sorry Finn is still sick Susan.  Good sign that he drinks water. 

Not much to write about here, eating, sleeping, and watching TV.  I watched the Mash finale from

1984.  I still remember the night it was on but seems like it was on a year earlier, before our tornado.

The pups are doing well.  Very restless, not getting their morning walk or their afternoon walk around

the lawn and clearing behind the lawn.  Belle was limping so put her back on Glucosamine.  She has

trouble with one leg joint.

Have a great day all.  Hope Finn is back to his old self today.

Ernie

Brandy and Cocoa

JavaNY

Nov-13

Good evening, all,

I'm back in NYC. I visited friends in Lincoln, Maine for 2 nights. Population about 5,000. Then stayed in Portland for 3.  Good to see friends, good food, a little nippy, but fine. 

Only downside was the train back. Delayed in Boston for 4+ hours. 

Paul

Susan1206

Nov-13

After spending the day in the Veterinarian ‘s office and undergoing an MRI, etc., Finn has a large mass on his liver.  I don’t know if I have days or weeks with my loved best friend. The news as been devastating and I ask for prayers for Finn and myself. Susan and Finn on a walk to his favorite place! 

Jerthie123

Nov-13

You got it Susan. Praying for you and Finn tonight. May you both feel the loving arms of our Father in heaven wrapped around you during this difficult time. Love this picture. Hope you both get some good rest in tonight!

Cocoa60

Nov-14

Sorry Susan.  This is a terrible time for us canine lovers.  It's inevitable but still seems to hit us like a train.

I remember each friend leaving us.  So sorry. 

JavaNY

Nov-14

Sorry to hear that, Susan. Prayers for you both.

Paul

Susan1206

Nov-14

All so very very difficult. Thank you for reaching out!