About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Denim50

This community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 2294279 views.
Jerthie123

Dec-2

Hello Ernie, hello all....

Ernie, sounds like you have a lot going on. I wish you all the best with your dental work. So sad to hear about your brother's losses, saying good bye to our loved ones is very sad. God bless you stay well!

Weather here in Mississauga has been cold and wet, not fun at all. Thank you for your wishes for me to get over the lozenges. I have been able to cut down to 8 a day down from 16 a day. The magic will happen for me when it does!

I am getting over a bad cough and cold, slowly my spirits are lifting. My sis has invited me and my mom to enjoy some window shopping at our local mall, we can look at all the Christmas decor, listen to carols and have tea and pastry. I feel well enough to do that, but not much more.

Yesterday was my birthday. Grateful to be 52 and overall very healthy! Have a great day everyone!!

Cocoa60

Dec-3

Good morning Jerthie and all.  I get more trouble with replying to posts on here.  When I hit reply the thread just resets

to the beginning years ago.  I drank caffeine on my trip to the farm to keep from falling asleep and it's gotten me up in

the middle of my night.  Will get a nap after I walk the dogs.  We have rain early this morn so I need to get them out soon

anyway.  Can't go after daylight, lots of traffic and our dogs will go out into the road for many reasons.

Figured out the part brothers dryer needs at the farm.  Have to order it from here.  He always gets viruses on his PCs.  Has

a couple sitting around from virus damage and knocking them down on the floor. 

I can't read your post from were the reply finally worked Jerthie.  Guess you have a cold and it's getting better.  Wife and I

just had same thing, seemed like the flu, lasted a few weeks.  Wife sick for a couple weeks after I could function.  Good thing.

we have things to do here to maintain our lives.  Like garbage piling up and other stuff.

Guess you're going shopping.  I haven't bought any Christmas gifts yet and don't have an idea what to buy.  I think a lot of the

people need the cup holder adapters that hold a cell phone and can still put a mug in them.

We didn't have our Thanksgiving dinner this weekend so maybe next.  Have to coordinate with our college granddaughter.  She

is the busiest.  Wife is up to cooking the dinner.  I will help but I'm really not that much help.

Will keep wishing you luck with the lozenges Jerthie.  Doesn't mean I'm pushing you, just wish you the best. 

Paul has a cold also, hope he is better.

enjoy the day all.

Ernie

Cocoa60

Dec-6

Hope Kitty and Finn are doing well and comfortable today.

Corning Glass museum

JavaNY

Dec-6

Pretty pictures, Ernie. I was in Corning many years ago.

Enjoy a smoke free day everyone. 

Susan1206

Dec-6

Hi Jerthie,

Happy Birthday to you!  Fifty sounds quite young to me and a perfect time to quit smoking!

Today, I celebrate mine.  We are both Sagittarians!

Off to to do some shopping!  We are very PROUD of you!!!

Susan 

Susan1206

Dec-6

I love the trees!  I assume the top picture is made of glass!  Beautiful!  

Here is mine!  Getting ready for the holiday seems like more and more work as the years go by.  I still love to see it all… once it is done!  Lol. 

Susan1206

Dec-6

Same to you, Paul!  The month of December passes by so quickly. NYC must be beautiful!

Susan

• Edited December 6, 2023 10:28 am  by  Susan1206
Jerthie123

Dec-6

Thank you Susan! Happy birthday to you as well!

Hope you had a good time shopping, and maybe even treated yourself to something special.

Hope you are also enjoying this Advent / Christmas season. I am cutting down on the lozenges, but am not at a clean quit. Yet.

I hope Finn is doing okay! I hope he feels comfort and peace, hope he is not in any type of pain. Take good care, and God bless!

Cocoa60

Dec-7

Good morning Susan, Jerthie, Paul, and all.  Cold 25 here.  We got the pups thick coats so probably make it

out to walk.  They already had sweaters for sorta cold mornings.  It's so great to see Finn, love him so much.

Paul, I think your NYC Christmas tree came from a few miles from here, in Vestal.  We lived in Vestal a couple

years when we first moved here.  Was a rough time with no money and me trying to start going to college and

working, both full time.  I had just finished 3 years in the Army but was still rough.  Probably worse for wife.  She

had no car and I was gone all the time I wasn't sleeping.  Or studying.  I had such a hard time with prep Physics

and college math.  I had to crash through walls in my brain not to fail out.  That continued on for years after we

moved where we are now.

The Corning trees are both glass.  My dad worked his whole life in Corning Glass.  I have a picture of him working

in a case with all his awards for decades of time there.  My mom worked harder with all us kids that didn't realize

how hard our parents were working.  She got no awards for all her work, just memories in my mind.  Dad had a farm

to tend to when not at work.

Happy birthday to Jerthie and Susan.  Mine is coming up soon.  Wonder how many more wife and I have.  Lost 2 of

my sister in laws last Christmas.  Parents have been gone a long time.  Brother on the farm is half nuts.  Glad to have

our older brother here in NY just finished hunting with his son and he's in his 80s, still working at his own business.

Trying to have our Thanksgiving dinner this weekend.  Hard to schedule with everyone's lives.  Almost clashing with

Christmas. 

Have a great day all.

Ernie

Brandy with a Christmas toy. 2017

Susan1206

Dec-7

Hi Ernie,

Love the pup’s Christmas toy!  Finn chews everything up…. And destuffs them. Had a big problem last Christmas, so only Kong indestructible toys!

A grocery store kind of day. Friends coming Sunday night.  Celebrating my birthday with my family on Friday night!  

Cloudy here and cold. Snow maybe this weekend!!

Susan