About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Welcome January 2018 Ex Smokers   Introductions/Newcomers Nook

Started 12/27/17 by ModSue (VentasSue); 191967 views. (Closed)(Closed to new replies)
joywon15

1/7/18

Thank you Sue

wow my forever quit that would be amazing and yes it has to be....

im going through another family drama stress time however i realized that many times before this stopped me from quitting but im afraid im determined that no more if im going to stress i might as well be without smoking

its starting to affect my health

ModDee

1/7/18

Hi there Joywon,

Congratulations on not giving up on your goal of permanent freedom. Stress does play a major role in relapses. I venture to say the majority of relapses may be due to some types of stress, so it's important to learn how to cope with stress when quitting. Take a look at the information below. You might have read it before, use it as positive reinforcement.

Wishing you well.

ModSue (VentasSue)

1/7/18

Hey Joywon

I'm sorry that you're feeling stressed at the moment.  I always used to say that, when we decided to quit smoking, we should be sent to an idyllic island - totally free from aggravation or temptation - to give us a chance to free our bodies and minds from this addiction in peace.  Unfortunately, life ain't like that!!!

So, there are always periods of stress in life and stress is one of the biggest triggers we have to learn to deal with while coming to accept that smoking never really relieved it but did, in fact, add to the amount of stress we were feeling.

As we all know, education about our addiction is essential to a successful quit.  I found this article very helpful and hope it may help you too.  

Hang on and just do this one hour at a time.  You can do it.

SusanBW

1/7/18

Hi sue. Susan bw here. I decided to move my starting chantix date from tomorrow to today after coughing like crazy last night. Enough is enough. Are there others in the forum that are using chantix? Do they need a quit buddy? Thanks for being there to ask questions to and as a support. Really appreciate it.

kittymom413

1/7/18

Hi there, Deanne,

I'm glad to see you're back relaxed  Don't worry about the slip up because that's in the past. Let's look to the future. You've had your practice run, so you know what to expect, now let's make this your forever quit!!!

You CAN do this!!! We're here to help purple_heart

Have a great smoke-free weekend,

Kitty cat

kittymom413

1/7/18

Hi there, Joanne,

Welcome to the forum!! Congratulations on being 1 week smoke-free!!! Best birthday gift you could ever give to yourself...freedom from this crazy addiction.

Read all you can on this forum to better understand what to expect & know that we're always here for you.

Have a great smoke-free weekend,

Kitty cat

kittymom413

1/7/18

Hi there, Mirosa,

I'm proud of you! You didn't give in to the "nico-demon" imp That takes strength & determination, way to go!!

I remember one exceptionally bad day about 3 weeks into my quit. I was on my way home from work. It had been a rough, emotionally draining day.  I never smoked in my truck or in my house, so on the way home I was sitting at a stop light thinking about getting home, letting the dogs out & smoking 2 or 3 cigarettes in a row. Then I remembered that I had quit & that I didn't have any smokes so I raised my head to the sky & screamed while beating  on the steering wheel. Poor guy next to me at the stop light must have thought I was nuts.

What I'm getting at is that we've ALL been there & deal with the cravings as they come in our own way. But, never forget that we are here for you so, if you can get on the forum during your craving hop on & post, post, post. We've got your back!

Hope you have a great smoke-free weekend,

Kitty cat

kittymom413

1/7/18

1 week smoke free!!!

mirosa

1/7/18

Hi 

Thank you so much for your support! 

My slogan is  I don't  smoke!!!

Miro

DJ (colbymorty)

1/7/18

Hi Kitty,

Thanks for your encouragement!  I am looking forward and not looking back.  I really liked my new non-smoking routine.  I feel better. I am thinking of that.  I think it is going to be ok.  I have to stay tuned to this forum.  The is one of the keys to my success.  

You have a great smoke free weekend as well

Best

Deanne