About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Freedom Marchers 2015   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1648390 views.
Gersheps

Feb-29

Hi, Carol,

Yuuuge Congrats on hitting 5 years of Freedom to Not Smoke. The time has really flown since we started the journey of quitting, and it seems like only a short time ago we were posting back and forth about the spots the patches were leaving on us and wondering how we were going to make it through the first week.  Then came the surge of pride when we got that first star. (I don't even remember what we got after a week).  Then we kept working toward our 1-year Key and the Clubhouse.  By then we all felt pretty sure we'd made it, and it was just a question of time until we got the next milestone.

And here we are.  We somehow hung on until not smoking became second-nature to us and it is now just something we don't do anymore.  And now you've got your 5-year wings.  Way to go.  I'm interested to see what they look like.  I miss seeing your posts and the picture of Jay.  Please give him a special pat for me.

I'm right behind you as always, and I'll always remember you as a quit buddy on our march to freedom. 

Best always,

Steve (Gersheps)

Callyf

Mar-1

Hey Steve, Jay is whining because he's locked in the kitchen while his feet dry, he's all good though. As am I. Five years today, wow. Hard to believe, I barely even think about it these days. Couldn't have done it without you guys though. I know I don't get here often anymore but you and Marge pop up regularly in my thoughts. 

I'm off to the gym now, must be mad, it's just before 6am on a Sunday!!! 

Hi Carol,

Congrats to you on 5 really big years.  We all did  this quit together. You pop into my head here and there too, especially today.    It is wonderful to see you hit the big 5.                                                        

Gersheps

Mar-1

Hi, Carol,

Have a good time at the gym, and you won't have any spots from the patch to think about.  Glad we all made it.  Glad to hear that Jay's doing great as well.

Steve

ModSue (VentasSue)

Mar-2

Hi Steve,

Now, if my poor old brain is working correctly, it's your five year anniversary today.  Well done.

I haven't been around the Forum for some time.  Goodness, when I first quit, I never imagined that I could live without all of you here to support me but, as I've grown stronger and stronger in my quit, I seem to have found so many other things to occupy my time and never get around to keeping in touch.

I still have my five dogs - 3 inside and 2 outside.  The eldest is now almost 13 - boy, I wish they lived as long as us.  When you get a good dog, it's hard to watch them grow frail.  Still, for now, they're all going strong.  Hope yours are too.  I'm OK, although feeling the various unpleasant bits and bobs that getting older brings.

So, I'll get off but do hope that you have a wonderful day today.  Thinking of you.

Love

Sue (Modsue, as was)

Steve

Today is 5 full years for your quit.  Congratulations!!  It's been a pleasure having you as my quit buddy through all the ups and downs --especially the down days- and there were so many of them!  Well done, Steve.

SueP (josep2001)

Mar-2

Congratulations Steve -

You have officially made it 5 years smoke free

Hope you have a great day.

Image result for congratulations 5 years

Sue quit 3/17/2016

AnnieXS

Mar-2

Hi Steve:

Congratulations!

5 YEARS SMOKE-FREE!

You have officially earned your wings. :)  I know I'm restating this but it is overwhelming when I think about how much time has elapsed since the challenges of the early days.  You are a great example to the newcomers who wonder if they can actually kick this addiction.

Both eyes done now and they feel great!  I didn't realize my constant headaches and other symptoms could be attributed to this.  Please let me know how you are doing.

So happy for you. :)

Annie

Quit May 8, 2015  

Gersheps

Mar-2

Hi, Annie,

Thank you so much for remembering. The first year was rough, but since then it's been very smooth sailing.  I really don't even think about it any more, even when someone else is smoking near me.  I smell the smoke, but it's neutral to me. It's what you call your basic Non-Event.

I'm so glad to hear your eyes are all fixed.  It's amazing how much they can affect things you do.  Mine are doing great,I think we are both doing fine!

You're coming up on your 5 years as well, and I'm waiting to congratulate you on your achievement.

Steve

Gersheps

Mar-2

Hi, Sue,

Thank you for remembering.  I'd pretty much forgotten it today with all the other things going on.  The first year was a bear, but after that it's been pretty easy going.  I don't even think about it much any more.

Glad to see you back on the forum.  I hope you're doing well.  I've got 4 dogs, 1 purebred German Shepherd, one Geman Shepherd Mix, a rescue, and 2 Brittanys, both from the same litter, one of whom is a rescue.  They are all doing great, and they keep me busy.  I also have 4 cats, and they do a great job of keeping the critters around here from becoming a problem.

Thanks again for remembering my 5th.  Looking forward to yours.

Steve